+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 355 FirstFirst ... 6 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 56 81 106 131 ... LastLast

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: RossN

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Well done, Phoenix Dace!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Phoenix Dace! That's quite an AAR you have going back at HOI 2-land. Well done!
    4x WritAAR of the week, Best Character Writer of the Week (for Fu Manchu), June 28th 2006
    Where the Iron Crosses grow (Completed) PDF OscAAR for Best Completed HOI AAR
    Master Plan of Fu Manchu (Completed) PDF
    Empire of Fu Manchu (In progress) PDF x1 Weekly AAR Showcase, AARland Choice AwAARds;Fav.HOI1/2 AAR & Fav.HOI1/2 Narrative,Q2 2006 & Q3 2007
    The Eagle and the Lion (On hold) Golden Readers Choice HOI2 AwAARd, AARland Choice AwAARds-Favourite HOI1/2 AAR, 2005 Q4 and 2006 Q1
    Knights of the Western Empire (On Hold)
    The III Reich in World War III (In progress)

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Wow. This isn't even something I ever considered when I decided to write my AAR. It's just something that never entered my mind, especially after only two days and three updates. I promise to churn out another one today because of this.
    Yeah, I'm Johnny Paradox. What of it?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Congratulations, Phoenix!

That's quite a story you have going... even prior to the start of the game!

Welcome to AAR community!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Ah, congratulations, Phoenix Dace. I'm a recent discoverer of your good writing

Fat Cat Public Servant Sir Humphrey's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k club

Congratulations. Most excellent.
    Showcase of the Week March 30, 2004 - The Australian Lion.
    Writer of the Week March 6, 2005 - Under the Crimson Skies.
    Writer of the Week May 29, 2005 - The Sacred Grove of Britannia.
    Showcase of the Week January 17, 2006 - Under the Crimson Skies.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Well, the 14th has come and it's time for me to pass on the title of WritAAR of the week. Unfortunately (In a sense), the title is staying in the Hearts of Iron 2 AAR community for now, as I am passing it on to a writer who isn't really a writer. Although his AAR in itself may not have stood out if it was simply another text and pictures AAR, it drew attanetion to itself because the writer dictated his AAR. I think he was the first person ever to do so on the forums, but please point out my mistake if you can. So, I would like to pass the title of WritAAR of the Week on to The_six_Shooter for his HoI2 AAR Bismarck Line and the Kriegsmarine. Congratulations.
    Yeah, I'm Johnny Paradox. What of it?

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Congratulations, six-shooter. I've been enjoying your innovative audio AAR.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Not being able to download the actual work, I cannot comment on the AAR's writing, but the idea sounds quite interesting. Words are words, rather spoken or written and if they are original (which I've no doubt that they are), then it fits perfectly. I wonder if the response will be dictated as well.

Congrats The_six_Shooter and step on up to tell us about yourself and take a bow!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Congrats The_six_Shooter!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

Fat Cat Public Servant Sir Humphrey's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k club

Congratulations. Most deserved and most inovative.
    Showcase of the Week March 30, 2004 - The Australian Lion.
    Writer of the Week March 6, 2005 - Under the Crimson Skies.
    Writer of the Week May 29, 2005 - The Sacred Grove of Britannia.
    Showcase of the Week January 17, 2006 - Under the Crimson Skies.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congrats Six Shooter
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Second Lieutenant The_six_Shooter's Avatar

Wow thanks Phoenix Dace & everyone else this is a real honour. I hadn't been on the forums since friday due to some friends coming up and suddenly I find out I win this prestiogious award. I Don't even really deserve it, my story isn't all that good, just came up with a neat idea. But thank you all so very much, I suppose I'll have to start working on an update right away.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Six Shooter, congratulations! I haven't gotten a chance to listen to your story yet. But it's an innovative idea, and I'm looking forward to it. Especially since I think I have an inkling of the subject, and that's of keen interest to me.

***ATTENTION ALL***

You know, I've been noticing... Once upon a time, this award came with more than just a chance at AAR recognition, but winners would also be asked to tell the Forum a little about themselves personally.

I always found that interesting to hear about others, and it was part of the honor to be recognized as a being more deeply rooted than we readAARs see right here.

I miss those personal accounts, and I would really recommend that we re-emphasize this part of the award, and perhaps ask Six Shooter (or even some of the other recent winners?) to tell us a little about who you are, what attracted you to the game/Forum, how you got into writing, what you'd like to do with it... Etc.

Am I alone, or are there more who would like to see this tradition reinvigorated?

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    You are most certainly correct, Renss!

So don't be shy, six_Shooter - step on up to the podium and tell us about yourself!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Well theres not a lot to tell really, being playing paradox games since EU1 first came out in northamerica. Currently I'm a 20 year old college student, I've written a few articles for my school paper and a short story here at there. I had written an HOI 1 AAR two years ago when i was in vietnam one summer though never completed it and under a different name (can't even remember it now) I only just bought HOI2 this summer and since I had just goten a USB headset I thought may as well give narration a chance, espeically as I love the old 40s & 50s radio shows ( have part of a abbot & costello show in one part of my AAR) I like the AAR experiecence as some people have really great stories, Some coming close to "Night of The Generals" level, (which is one of the best war movies out there, if you haven't seen it, rent it now!)

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Well done The_six_Shooter. Your idea for an AAR sounds interesting and I'll check it out.

Joe
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

Admiral of the Kings Fleet Warspite's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations six-shooter. It is good to see WoW still going strong and to pop in and see familiar names here, I miss my AAR days. I remember EU1 well sixshooter, ahhh those were good days to be a gamer
    What a Game!

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    congrats
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Well it seems as though time has come to pass the proverbial torch. Again Thank you everyone for listening to and supporting my AAR. When it came to a decision it was very difficult, right now the Hearts of Iron 2 forum is flooded with excellent AARS, Mettermck's Eagles of Avalon is quite excellent, though he's just won an award . The one I'm therefore choising is a Crusader Kings AARFor God and St. George: An English Hundred Years War AAR written by the newcomer Lanlier, you should all go check it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 355 FirstFirst ... 6 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 56 81 106 131 ... LastLast