+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 358 FirstFirst ... 171 196 221 246 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 296 321 346 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 7147

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: Nick Giordano

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Parcae View Post
    I'm handing over the WritAAR of the Week Award to Gabor. (...) his most recent AAR, a Papal States AAR in MMU following that most unusual and challenging of rulesets: realism.
    Thank you Parcae; I feel honoured.
    Thank you guys for your congratulations.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Congrats gabor; a well-deserved recognition!
    ex libris Christophori Sartorii, Equitis Ordinis Roberti Magni et Intimidati (OLIR),
    Fan of the week: 27 August 2011 & 27 February 2012

PORTA ATLANTICUM, PORTUS CLASSIS ~ Gate of the Atlantic, Port of the Fleet ~ an England MMU AAR
    WritAAR of the week: 21 Nov 2010 ~ AARland Choice AwAARds (EU History-Book): Q4 2010, Q2, Q3 2011, Q1 2012 (shared) ~ Weekly AAR Showcase: 3 Oct 2011 ~ Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done Gabor! Congratulations!
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Gabor!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I'm a bit narrow-focused with my EU3 MM addiction so I decided to venture to other sub-forums to nominate the successor. And here it comes, the great read gameplay Victoria2 aar No Iron One Lion Maybe Zion it's Ethiopia on its way to power and glory by aldriq.

aldriq's aar has just been finished so I hope my nomination will prompt him to write something for us again; equally gripping; and soonish. Yea, that was my cunning plan.

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Congrats again, aldriq! It is indeed a very good AAR.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by gabor View Post
    aldriq's aar has just been finished so I hope my nomination will prompt him to write something for us again; equally gripping; and soonish. Yea, that was my cunning plan.
    I hope your plan works gabor, even though aldriq said he'd stop writing AARs for Vicky II until the next patch comes out. Congratulations aldriq!
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by gabor View Post
    I'm a bit narrow-focused with my EU3 MM addiction so I decided to venture to other sub-forums to nominate the successor. And here it comes, the great read gameplay Victoria2 aar No Iron One Lion Maybe Zion it's Ethiopia on its way to power and glory by aldriq.

great nomination and an excellent idea!

Congrats Aldriq
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Congratulations aldriq!
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Nice choice. Congratulations aldriq
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congrats, aldriq! Fantastic work.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Belated congratulations to gabor.

And timely congratulations to aldriq, of course. Your works are always a great read on so many levels. Hopefully. you will now have time to return to some unfinished business. And Flux says well done, too.
    Fan of the Week 22 February 2010 - Role PlayAAR of the Month March 2014

Indies -The AAR which refuses to sell out. Featured on Weekly AAR Showcase 21 July 2010 (Still writing Episode 4 "A New Hope" - the Flux will be with you)

Marshal Nikolai Fedorovich Vatutin, Chief of Stavka, in Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo Admin thread and Update thread.
    Etienne Burke, son of Frederic Burke, Prime Minister of Belgium during the Great War 1904-1907 and son of Edmund Burke, Commerce Minister 1866-1886 and son of Patrice "Bulwark" Burke, Former Chief of Staff of Belgium, Edge of Europe - an interactive AAR of ThunderHawk3
    Adolf von Arnim-Boitzenburg, Proud Imperialist in Sonderweg oder Anderweg - An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Congrats aldriq!
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Congrats!
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, aldriq!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thank you gabor! It's always an honour to receive this award from a fellow writAAR. Thanks everybody for the congratulations, and thanks to all who have read/lurked/commented in my AAR. I had a great time playing my first V2 game with Ethiopia, and as much fun sharing my experience in the AAR. Even with the 1.1 flaws, it's still an amazingly rich and rewarding game to play, and like EU3, I'm sure it'll only get better and better with time.

I've got lots of reading to catch up with, a couple of projects in mind to start, and of course Mamma Mia! to get back to and finish... so that's 2011 sorted for me already

And now time to pass the award... to a Rome writAAR this time. He's only recently started what looks like a very promising and entertaining history, of the kind one probably wouldn't read to a fainthearted audience - but no one is this forums is fainthearted, right? The WoW goes to...

Alfred Packer, for his gritty accounts in Penguin Classics: A History of the Vandals.

Congratulations! (I notice the gods have cursed you to receive this award only in odd years...)
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

great choice, congrats AP, being paid and WoW ... its all looking good
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Congrats!
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Congrats Alfred!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

+ Reply to Thread