+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 355 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 42 67 92 117 ... LastLast

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: Tufto

EU3 Complete

Congrats coz!

Diplomacy

Congrats, Coz, I haven't read your AAR yet (Into the West) but it is loading as I write
    Big-ass mofo of the - Orange Defense Network
    Dictatorship & Co. - One man's madness versus the world! (Victoria. Completed)
    ESPERA MUMDI - A Fantasia-Mod AAR (EU2) Beginning Book II...on hold.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I want my copy of EUIII to be here, waaah! - Member of the Ahistoric Association - Member of the GtA Revival Club!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Official bestower of the Peanut

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Well, after a wonderful week of holding this honor, it is time to pass it on. But first let me to say once again thank you both to DoS for the selection and for all of the very kind words all of you have offered. I really appreciate it!

And now for this week's selection. Our next winner has been with this forum for quite a long time. He was first awarded a WritAAR of the Week all the way back in August of 2002. Since then, he has gone on to write many more outstanding works and his current one is just as fine as his AAR work has ever been. He always manages to try something new and yet still maintains that high level of work in each form. Two years is long enough, in my opinion, so allow me to thank "she who will not be denied" for allowing us to share his time with us - Storey is our newest WritAAR of the Week! Congrats Joe!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Alternate Historian Machiavellian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Without a doubt an excellent choice, especially considering the review of yet another of his wonderful yarns in the Gazette. Congratulations!
    "When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer..."

54-40' or...
    A counter-factual history of the Oregon Territory and the birth of Columbia.
    The Double Cross and The Golden Bull A tale of the 'new' history of the Kingdom of Hungary
    Royalist Roast: A Puritan AAR The adventures of the second puritan revolution
    Upon the desert sands: A Mongol Empire Scenario Dynasties in conflict with Outremer

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Thumbs up

congratulations Storey. a splendid choice for this honor.
    Alpha et Omega.
    Fan of the Week Oct, 2005

Member of TOP (The Order of the Paradox, a Cybernations based alliance.)

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Truly a great choice for WoW.

Newer members of the Forum may not know, but Storey holds more OscAARs than any other writer. Why? Because the man knows how to tell a tale, and that's no lie.

Congrats again!
    "That which does not kill me, has made a grave tactical error." - Jerry Pournelle

Seven AARs and a picture, too: Director's Inkwell

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Excellent choice. Congrats Storey, well deserved!

Based on Stuyvesant's suggestoin I'm going through 'Three Countries...' now. Great stuff!
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Sometimes They Come Back Paranoid Tsar's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3Victoria: Revolutions500k club

Congratulations Storey! "Three Countries" is one of my favorite AARs, mainly because it answered the question "why won't Crimea just die?"
    Past and current AARs:
    The New Jerusalem A character-driven tale of Moscow's struggles to restore the Kingdom of Rus.

Bearly Surviving A Crusader Kings comedy with lots of pictures!

The Coat on the Floor Belongs to Mother Muscowy Vodka + EU2 + hours of posting = this AAR! Part II Part III Part IV: Victoria!

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations Storey. Couldn't have happened to a nicer yarnspinner. You richly deserve this honor, two times, three times... however often. Keeping up with 'Desert Sands' is great fun and re-reading 'Three Countries One Goal' for my review was an award in itself.

Good luck with your tendonitis, I hope you'll produce many more tales in the future.

EU3 Complete

Congrats to an author still going strong, cheers

Congrats to Storey.
    A Proud Member of the HOI Worst Players Club since July 28, 2003
    #0059 - HOI M.I.A Company - ADDICT Platoon

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

Many thanks coz1. I admit to being surprised at seeing my name but since I’m in a poetic frame of mind I’ll write a little about myself.

How old am I?
    Well I remember wiggling my toes in primordial muck when dinosaurs flew and horses were the size of dogs.

Where do I live?
    I live in that rain shadow called Seattle where liquid sunshine is a way of life. Where there are one hundred ways to describe the color green. Where water is so plentiful we let it flow into the sea, which means we have to ration it during the summer.

How did I end up here on this forum?
    It was just one of my many devious plans on escaping from ‘she who will not be denied’. As long as the tipi-tap of the keyboard keys sprinkle through the house she lets me be. This refuge of a forum has provided me sanctuary from the many chores that wait in the real world. How else can I say with pride that the leaves of fall sill choke the gutters. That the upstairs door still squeaks a plea for oil and receives a promise of tomorrow. How else when my better half asks me to do something can I stare at the computer screen, hunched over, while muttering that classic phrase "yes dear whatever you say dear" and get away with it. I have spent my years refining the high art of procrastination and can say with certainly that this forum is worth its weight in gold.

So gentlemen if you are planing to enter that blissful institution of matrimony I recommend you plan your various escapes now. There will be little time for flights of fancy or gossamer travels on the back of your imagination. Ah I hear her now. She downstairs calling to me about a light bulb that needs changing. Excuse me for a moment I must type up a storm of pledges full of a rain of assurances to calm the sea of promises that flow out of my hands and into her ears.

Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap, Tipi-tap.
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

Not working

Ah seatle spend 6 months there once..

it made chose Vancouver for my second stay

V

Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Hey Joe - it's about time for a new WoW isn't it? I know you're still sore about having to give up the fan from Fan of the Week, but still...

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis IV

And now for the next writer of the week. It was absurdly easy to find the next writer. In fact I was surprised this discerning group of intelligent readers didn’t already honor him. (After all you found me) So with little fan fair I give you that talented practitioner of creative illusion. That multi-fingered illusionist of the keyboard. That impresario of the written word. That… oh what the hell I give you DIRECTOR!
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach.

Desert Tides or how I learned to swim in quicksand Adventure
    A Tall Tale Told on a Cold Night Fantasy

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Clearly very much deserved.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Completely deserved and another that was long in returning. February seems to be old folks month...old as in time on the forum, not old as in...well, I digress.

Congrats Director and get back to that great AAR in EU2 before the Kaiser takes your place in the sun.

The fAARq & Forum Rules

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Very much deserved indeed. Here's hoping Director will a) stop in and share some words, b) continue with his fine HistoryPark tale (for those who haven't read it: yes, it's long, but it's also VERY good) and c) in the fullness of time reveal what this mysterious mentioning of the Kaiser is all about...

Congratulations, Director!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 355 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 42 67 92 117 ... LastLast