• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed, excellent choice. Four times too, merrick. That's a feat to be proud of. :)

Congrats, sir. I hope to catch up soon.

:cool: Congratulations, merrick! :cool:

Congratulations merrick!

Congratulations :D !

<takes bow> To deal with the important things first:

First up, thank-you to Klaipedietis for the nomination.

And second up, a heartfelt thank-you to everyone who has posted, here or in the Screaming Popes thread. If it wasn't for the (extremely positive and encouraging) feedback I've received on the AAR forums, I'd have given up long since.

Screaming Popes was never intended to be a great AAR, just a quick, hopefully fun, and not at all serious look at just how far the Papal States can go if you're prepared to exploit the hell out of the game system. In fact, it was at least partially a conscious effort to break away from my usual style of excessive detail and insufficient action. I'm glad it's worked out as well as it has.

coz1 said:
Indeed, excellent choice. Four times too, merrick. That's a feat to be proud of. :)

Congrats, sir. I hope to catch up soon.
The first time I read this - and the other comments like it - my response was something like "Wait a minute - have I been nominated for something and not told about it?" Then I checked back and it is four times - though for two different AARs. I'm sure it's mostly a reward for volume - I certainly can't claim to match some of the people here for writing ability.

I will review AARs - so much goodnes, so little time ;( - over the next few days and post a nomination at the weekend.

Congratulations!

Well done merrick :)

Well, it's the weekend - and, almost on time, I am back to make my nomination for the next WritAAR of the Week.

And it was a tough choice, because the more I looked through AAR-land - particularly the places I don't usually go, such as the Rome and Vicky AAR forums - the more great AARs and the more good writing I found.

If it had been AAR of the week, I think I would have given it to akaioi's Save The Wales!, because it's just plain hysterical.

By it's an award for a writer, and for sheer writing quality, I'll go with an AAR I hadn't seen before by a writAAR who has made a career out of amazing AARs. I found it a few days ago, plunged in - and emerged three hours later, still nowhere near the end. And in those three hours there were maybe one or two passages that jarred, either from a historical or a literary perspective.

The AAR is A Special Providence; the WritAAR is Director.

A however many awards and nominations his AARs have won in the past, he still deserves this one.

Last edited:
Congratulations !

Many congratulations my friend. It is thoroughly deserved.