+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 78 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 128 153 178 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 7095

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: RossN

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

congratulations
    You can do anything if you want it badly enough. That's why we see so many people who can fly.

Check out my AARs:

The French Century - A Ricky AAR 1836- Ongoing
    Hmm... another Russian AAR? (Finished)
    The Duchy of Pskov 1066- Prematurely ended due to a hard drive crash

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Nice work, SM. Three times now, too. And the first was way back in 2002.

Congrats and a very well deserved WoW! It's some great writing, as funny as Nobles Lives was wonderfully dramatic!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Would-be King of Dragons Draco Rexus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Within spittin' distance of the Capital of the Free World
    I also must add my voice to the choir, SM. I'll even go so far as to exactly echo coz in his praise. Noble Lives cut my teeth on being a readAAR... and it's all been downhill since then. Well worth the downhill plummet, as is your current work.
    Here... Here There Be Dragons!!
    Women, knights, arms, loves
    Courtesies, bold deeds I sing
    For King and Country - An evil Empire or a benevolent monarchy? You decide!
    Official Byzantine Courtier - as certified by Judas Maccabeus
    Glorification Of Saint Draco Rexus, Patron Of Britain And Dragons! - Thanks to asd21593

They say the best men are moulded out of faults And, for the most, become more better for being a little bad.
    Measure for Measure, Act 5, Scene 1
    Proud Member of the enlightened The Spendid Paradoxian Monarchist Group

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Secret Master, Congratulations!

You know I love your work, because I just presented the Weekly Showcase award to Templaric Twits too!

And I understand Bravo Zulus are in order for you as well!

Great work! In everything.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Many congratulations Secret Master.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations Secret Master

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congratulations.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

A double victory this week I see. Congratulations SECRET MASTER
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Congratulations to our latest writer to be honoured!
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart
    The Ultimate War [WritAAR of the Week: June 4, 2006]

First Lieutenant Edge of a Knife's Avatar

Well done Secret Master, very well deserved.
    AARs

The Panzers will roll... <---The acclaimed narrative AAR

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

A gray robed figure approaches the dais where the coveted WOW award rests. His features are obscured by the latest in the fashion of facial covering devices, the Cowl of Uninhibited Evil™. Slithering almost like a snake, which is quite difficult considering he has two more legs and feet than most belly crawling reptiles, he moves to touch the award. He glances to the left and sees the microphone. A thought crosses his mind. Yes, it might just work. An acceptance speech can be used to influence the minds of others into doing ones bidding.

“WritAARs, readAARs, and other assorted ruffians, lend me your ears. I come to accept an award for Secret Master, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred in their threads. So let it be with Secret Master. The noble grayghost hath told you Secret Master was ambitious in the writing of his AARs. If it were so, it were a grievous fault. And generously hath Secret Master been rewarded for it. Under leave of grayghost and the rest (for grayghost is an honorable man, so are they all), they do say that Secret Master was ambitious. That he hath brought many captured provinces to the capitol of his rulers in his AARs, and the ransom of his dead characters is enough to fill Rome’s great coffers full. Did Secret Master in this seem ambitious? When the widows in his threads hath cried, Secret Master wept. Ambition should be made of sterner stuff. I speak not to disprove what grayghost spoke, but here I am to speak what I do know. But yesterday, the word of Secret Master might have stood against the French, now he stands here with an award in his hand….”

The Messenger appears next to gray robed figure and speaks briefly. Words such as “not a eulogy for Caesar”, “it’s only an acceptance speech”, and “Bill will sue over plagiarism” can be heard issuing from the microphone.

Turning back to the audience, the figure whose face is behind the Cowl of Uninhibited Evil™ smiles. At least, he is probably smiling. It could be an evil sneer, or perhaps a befuddled grin. It’s really hard to tell with the lighting on the stage.

“I have just been informed that due to copyright infringement, this acceptance speech has to be ended. I will just say thanks, and everything is going according to plan. Stay tuned for further world domination updates.”

The award is snatched from the dais and disappears under the robe. The figure departs the stage, muttering, “They suspect nothing, and everything. It was a huge success.”
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

I had no idea Mark Anthony was a member of the undead. Or was that the awful Aphiphos?

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

congratulations, dooood! great work.
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

With the coming of a new week, our revels now are ended...

And now it is my pleasure to pass on the WoW award to another deserving writer. Who is this writer, you may ask? Well, this writer has been busy running amok in Iberia with the Islamic hordes, turning back the clock on history and reclaiming that which was lost. This writer has been struggling with terrible monarch's who refuse to move the country to the Eastern Techgroup. This writer has even had to cope with in-game spam and a 1337 speaking character who refused to speak English, Moorish, Spanish, or any other recognizable language. This writer is making Deconquista a proper noun in the truest since of the term. This writer is also a first time recipient of this award. I am, of course, referring to Dysken, who is currently involved in multiple projects, but what I am most interested in at the moment is his AAR The Deconquista.

Congratulations to Dysken.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Congratulations Dysken !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Dysken was awoken by the cold, wet feeling of a pillow full of drool. As he grudgingly got up, put on his dressing gown and scratched his belly he felt a pang of hunger. His unfocused eyes scanned the computer desk and spied a bowl of not completely eaten mashed potatoes. "Excellent!" he thought to himself and started the computer. Whilst eating yesterdays dinner his entire mental power was focused on not getting too much food on the sleeves of the oversized gown. As the now stale potato mush entered his abdomen his browser was in the final phase of opening the paradox fora. He saw that he had one unread PM in his inbox. Gosh he sure was popular. Hmm, what's this? WritAAR of the week? Sounds like todays accomplishment was already completed. Now he could watch 'Allo 'Allo reruns till it was dinner time.

Yay, thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Dysken; 25-03-2007 at 18:06.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

Congratulations to the writer of the week- Dysken!
    "...but someone has to pay for what's happened here, and I don't want that someone to be me." -Gul Dukat
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst." - Garak
    "We are in a society of politically-correct tree-hugging babies. Grow up and quit whining"- JBL
    "I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."- Gene Roddenberry
    "As long as we have 'loyalty to the end', there's no point in believing in anything... even in those we love." The Boss
    "I won't have it! I won't have anyone speak of me in the past tense!!!" Squall Leonhart
    The Ultimate War [WritAAR of the Week: June 4, 2006]

First Lieutenant Edge of a Knife's Avatar

Well deserved Dysken
    AARs

The Panzers will roll... <---The acclaimed narrative AAR

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

congrats Dysken!
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations Dysken, it is well deserved
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

+ Reply to Thread