+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 358 FirstFirst ... 17 42 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 92 117 142 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 7147

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: Nick Giordano

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Go cobras.

Congrats LM+
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire_Pilot
    OK here it is guys. Im here to announce the Writter of The Week for...well this week. So and the Wow this week is...*plays dramatic music* LM+ who is writing the AAR, "The Cobras are Smoking!" a tale of Brazil

Congradulations LM+, step up to the podium and deliver your speech if you are so kind as to do so !!
    Thank you Spitfire_Pilot, and to all those who kindly welcomed me here.

- I am a Yankee, an patented, unmitigated gringo. Latin America is perhaps that part of the world whose history is least known to me. Spanish? Portuguese? I was out having a beer when they handed that lot out. Yet, by some strange concurrance of chance and inspiration, Mexico and Brazil are the nations I've written my most-appreciated AARs about.

- Paradox has created one game after another with sufficient depth and verisimilitude to allow players to adopt all sort of strategies and play styles, and pick amongst nations that suit. My chief loves in both Victoria and HOI2 are threefold, and all show up clearly in my AARs. Firstly, I dearly enjoy peacefully building up national strength and thereby earning the ability to do things with nations that would be astonishing if the half of it happened in real life. Another big joy is sea battles; I'm a fairly poor general, and not much better in the air, but I do have a real yen for ships. Thirdly, wheeling and dealing is such a joy for me. When I've got the entire world economy wrapped around my little finger, why, that's better than 50 tank divisions any day!

- The best part about being Writer of the Week is that I will be able to choose the next writer, come Sunday. Today, however, I'd like to express my admiration for the amiable sneakiness of Warspite, whose invention of this honor has proved a most successful way to bribe more and more new people into participating more fully in the social life of the AAR forums. The great Brazilian diplomat Rio-Branco would be proud of you, sir.
    Most recent AAR: "The Cobras are Smoking!" : A Tale of Brazil (Writer of the week, AAR showcase, Favorite AAR)

Reader comments:
    "Hell, I rarely read AARs at all, but yours caught my eye and since yesterday I've read it from the beginning. Awesome job! Top-class writing, good sense of humour and "humane" approach which shows, that pros also make mistakes, makes it a great read!" --Theocide

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Way to go, LM. Congrats!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Well earned, LM.
    "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver" --Proverbs 25:11

WritAAR of the week: Feb. 12, 2006, Sep. 19, 2006
    CharactAAR writAAR of the week: Jan. 1, 2007

Dawn in the East
    "Her Home is on the Deep"

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Congrats, LM+! I must take a look at your work ASAP!
    4x WritAAR of the week, Best Character Writer of the Week (for Fu Manchu), June 28th 2006
    Where the Iron Crosses grow (Completed) PDF OscAAR for Best Completed HOI AAR
    Master Plan of Fu Manchu (Completed) PDF
    Empire of Fu Manchu (In progress) PDF x1 Weekly AAR Showcase, AARland Choice AwAARds;Fav.HOI1/2 AAR & Fav.HOI1/2 Narrative,Q2 2006 & Q3 2007
    The Eagle and the Lion (On hold) Golden Readers Choice HOI2 AwAARd, AARland Choice AwAARds-Favourite HOI1/2 AAR, 2005 Q4 and 2006 Q1
    Knights of the Western Empire (On Hold)
    The III Reich in World War III (In progress)

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done LM+, congratulations
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

congrats LM+!
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

It's Sunday, and we all know what that means. After a violent struggle, LM+ was forced to surrender what was most Precious to him, and hand over the Statue of Writer of the Week to...

lifeless, author of The Precise History of New England

lifeless, I know you got a bad case of writer's block on your New England AAR, but I thought you wrote elegantly. Whether you choose to continue this or a different story, I know I'll enjoy reading it.
    Most recent AAR: "The Cobras are Smoking!" : A Tale of Brazil (Writer of the week, AAR showcase, Favorite AAR)

Reader comments:
    "Hell, I rarely read AARs at all, but yours caught my eye and since yesterday I've read it from the beginning. Awesome job! Top-class writing, good sense of humour and "humane" approach which shows, that pros also make mistakes, makes it a great read!" --Theocide

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Congratulations, lifeless!
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done lifeless, congratulations
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Contra-Vice-Double Colonel Alexus's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron IIIIron Cross

Hurray lifeless!

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations Lifeless.

Hopefully the AAR will continue.

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Indeed. I hope that wonderful work continues. Congratulations lifeless!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

wow....im writaar of the week for an aar that hasnt been updated in a month? im not sure if i should accept...but even if i do accept or not, an update for the aar will come....
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Having won WoW, you are no longer lifeless. Congratulations, sir.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congrats lifeless! Well earned!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Member of that Dreadful SBC Nameless's Avatar

Good show, lifeless.
    ++Christian Paradox Player's Club++
    Minister of Secular Affairs

USA 2010!

Currently attempting to turn America into a right-wing theocracy. When I'm not busy handling snakes, that is.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of Nations500k club

Congrats, lifeless.
    When I give the poor food they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Dom Hector Camara
    Out of the crooked timber of humanity, No perfect human was ever made - Lord Hoffmann

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 358 FirstFirst ... 17 42 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 92 117 142 167 ... LastLast