• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The week is up, and time to hand over the laurel to a new winner...

I dont get a chance to read a lot of AARs in-depth, mostly scanning them here and there... the ones which I have truly enjoyed, most of them are complete or have been already awarded, proving their worth...

One that I do find appealling is Chief Ragusa's Born to the Purple , a Roman EU2 AAR that I became aware after reading Amric's recommendation in the AARland bAAR...

Born to the Purple has some rather subtle writing, a weave of details within a vibrant and rich narrative that reminds me of Guy Kay's Sailing to Sarantium, a brilliant bit of writing that, while starting slow, draws the reader within its grasp and refuses to let go.

While a EU2 AAR would seem like an almost archaic choice, given that Vicky or Doomsday or even EU3 AARs have supplanted then in the current mind's eye, it would be a mistake to miss them potential gem.

I encourage all to go check out this masterful bit of narrative and to enjoy a writer who is clearly within his element.

Archaic? Sez you buddy!

Congrats, dag! and Congratulations, Ragusa! Well done!

Nice choice, congratulations Chief Ragusa :)

Congratulations Chief Ragusa!

Well done, Chief Ragusa!

Great choice, dag. But don't be too quick to sweep EU2 under the carpet. ;)

Well deserved, Chief Ragusa. I need to get caught up in your work and apologize for slacking. A hearty congrats! There is a free drink in the bAAR with your name on it. :)

Congrats Chief Ragusa! Only the best win this award :)

A most excellent choice!

Congratulations, Chief!

Rensslaer

Aye, I add my voice to the chorus! :)