• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then if I may, I'd like to nominate DensleyBlair, principally for his British AAR. I don't think he's ever won this award before.

That is accurate, and you certainly may. Congrats DensleyBlair!

For the record, when making the entry I initially typed "Movember". Which is obviously excellent. ;)

Well, this is certainly a nice surprise to wake up to! ;)

Thanks Tanzhang. I'm very grateful for your continued, avid following of the AAR thus far, and would also like to thank everyone else who have made its launch (in my eyes) successful. It's certainly been a great start to my Vicky II career!

Oh, and Mal, I'm happy to be the winner for Movember. :D Good to see you back.

Congratulations DensleyBlair!

Congratulations, and very well deserved, DensleyBlair!

Congrats DenselyBlair, very well done!

When I saw the name on the thread I started to say "again?" assuming you had won this a few times in the last year for your excellent work. Then I checked and saw you had not yet won the WoW. Truly WOW. Bout darn time! Congrats Densley. Very well deserved.

Congratulations DensleyBlair, very well deserved. I'll echo the others and add my surprise that this is your first time winning this particular award, but I'm sure it will be the first of many to come.

My god. You have never won this before? Well there goes my chances.

I think some celebrations are in order, so as usual...

3kgw.jpg

Congratulations DensleyBlair!

Thanks Milites!

Congratulations, and very well deserved, DensleyBlair!

Thanks Avindian!

Congrats DenselyBlair, very well done!

Cheers King! Thanks for your support of A Biography, as well. I appreciate it greatly.

Well done!

Thanks a lot, Nikolai!

Congrats to DensleyBlair and Revan (belatedly)!

Thanks Qorten!

When I saw the name on the thread I started to say "again?" assuming you had won this a few times in the last year for your excellent work. Then I checked and saw you had not yet won the WoW. Truly WOW. Bout darn time! Congrats Densley. Very well deserved.

Thanks coz. That's high praise indeed! I certainly hope it is the first of many to come, in any case (though who doesn't? ;))

It is but fitting to shout the shout;

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Thanks Gen. Your patronage of my new AAR is appreciated, too.

Congratulations DensleyBlair, very well deserved. I'll echo the others and add my surprise that this is your first time winning this particular award, but I'm sure it will be the first of many to come.

I'll join you in hoping! ;) Thanks Seel. Your comments on my stuff here have been much appreciated.

My god. You have never won this before? Well there goes my chances.

Not at all! L'ordre has the shapings of a fine piece of work indeed.

I think some celebrations are in order, so as usual...

3kgw.jpg

Thank you. I think. :p

Congrats Densley! Definitely well deserved!

Thanks tnick! It's always good to see people from my first few months here.

Congrats!

Thanks Newbie! Again, really good to see you back.

I approve of Belgium, and Blair, and not of Flanders; since that doesn't exist :D

You mean everything I've been told about the Low Countries has been a lie? What about Wallonië? Is she okay? :D

Thanks BR. Your support of my work is much appreciated – especially your comments on my latest AAR.

Right, now for the interesting bit.

I've chosen to nominate a writer for the next week whose great attention to detail I admire. This is a writer who, through their most recent AAR (honestly, I'm not sure if it's virginal or not) shows great clarity and a depth of knowledge of the game, as well as an infallible sense of humour. I can't say I usually appreciate the writing side of a gameplay AAR, but this, I feel, is the exception (I'm sure there are many other I haven't yet read. ;)) It is not often I come away from having read something here being thankful that the writer has been so meticulous, so thorough in what they've shown – but also to do all this in what is quite a light-hearted manner, I appreciate too. Many light-hearted gameplay AARs do compromise the writing side, and their are many incredibly detailed ones that perhaps skimp a bit on this aspect. My nominee is able to pull off both with aplomb.

AARlanders, please give it up for your next WritAAR of the Week:

Yenzen

for the wonderful I am the King of Naples! in particular. Go and read it. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Thanks, this is a big honor! I didn't even think gameplay AAR's were elegible for these types of awards. As I wrote in the AAR thread:

This is my first serious attempt at an AAR after I was foolish enough to try one on a MP CK2 game.. which of course ended because of the usual Paradox MP drama. I've been reading a lot of CK2/EUIII/Vic2 AAR's since I stumbled across this (mod edit) a couple of years ago. I'm only actively reading three AARs right now (exams!), but I'm sure I won't have problems nominating one for the next week.

Last edited by a moderator: