• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, bsressler!

Well done

Is Bsressler aware that he has been picked? I will wait until tomorrow for him to reward the next WoW. If he has not given it to someone else by then, I will pick a new winner to make sure this honor moves forward.

I posted in his AAR about it. Should have done it a few days ago, I know. :eek:o

Well, between unknowing honorees and our favorite server crash, we've made it to Tuesday without a new recipient. I thought perhaps it might be nice to go in a slightly different direction this week, so to keep the ball moving with this I have picked
von Streusser as the new WritAAR of the Week.

He has mostly be involved with RPG but has been writing some fantastic stuff for the recent Free Company and The Spanish Road. I see no reason why that writing should not be just as valid as any other when considering who to pass this honor too.

I would like to suggest that when von Streusser picks the person for him to pass it onto next Sunday that it NOT be another Free Company member simply so that the honor does not get stuck within that group. This way, he'll get to check out some great AARs and writers across AARland and some folks who might not have looked at the Free Company can stop by and do so to see a sampling of his and other writing there.

So, with that said, step on up von Streusser and tell us about yourself. Congrats on a well deserved honor! :D

Long live the new WritAAR of the Week! Long live von Streusser! For a week may he reign!

Woah! This is quite a surprise, and a great honor! Thank you. :)

A little bit about me? Well, my name's Greg, nice to meetcha. I'm a 1st year law student at Ohio State's Moritz College of Law, 22 years old. I live in jolly Columbus, Ohio, US of A, and should be studying for my finals right now...but am not. :)

I first showed up here a couple years ago as a Hearts of Iron noob (probably asked how to drop paratroopers...), then slowly gravitated into the RPG boards, and have stuck ever since. I tried a Czechoslovakia AAR for HoI once ("With Rocks Like These..."), but only got a little ways into it before I moved and lost my notes and my save file. It might still be lingering out there on the boards someplace, taking up valuable server space and slowing the entire forum down for all of you. ;) My next attempt was Phalanx's fantastic but under-populated CK version of the Free Company, "The Crusader Chronicles", and as I have no time-management skills whatsoever, I found myself in the Free Company project this time around.

But my main project/passtime on the boards here is the Eutopia RPG, which I encourage all of you to go check out...it's just a little farther down the page, under the OT forum. If you're not familiar, it's a political sim on a fictional modern day island nation, and we'd be honored to have such fantastic writers as you guys give us a look. You can jump into government straight away, and it's fantastic fun. :D [/end advertisement]

Anyway, I'm honored and humbled to have received this nod, and appreciate it very much. I'll be sure to PM the next person to make sure they know, and look forward to reading some fantastic stuff.

-vS

Congrats vs, sir!

Garlands for the conqueror!

617670.jpg

:D

Congrats vs.

Thanks all!

Without further ado, I'd like to announce my successor:

The Yogi

Though it's been a while since his last update in "The Eagle and the Lion", I think we can all forgive him after the birth of his son last month. For those not familiar, it's a fantastic HoI2 AAR set in a "What If?" scenario following a different outcome to WW1. Personally, I enjoy the unique approach and setting to this AAR, and the enjoyable characters and personal stories...plus the writing is just bang-up incredible.

So please, step forward and be lauded, sir! :)

Last edited:
Firstly, and belatedly, I extend a congratulatory hand to vS for his honour. His writing is excellent and a welcome addition to the world of the FC.

And congrats to The Yogi for consistently turning out quality AARs rich in depth and substance.

Cheers, gentlemen.