• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Before I have to vacate the throne (sigh!) I would like to take the opportunity and once again give my thanks to timetogetaway for nominating me and to graciously wave from the dizzying heights of my throne dais to all of you, my good and loyal cheering subjects, who were so very happy at my elevation and who have said so many kind things about my royal person. I shall miss your adulation, but don’t cry for me, Argentina! :D

No, seriously folks, thank you for your many kind felicitations.

Whom shall I be presenting to you as new WritAAR of the Week? A narrative writer with a polished style who tells intelligent stories, and who does so based on many different Paradox titles, which is a distinguishing feat in itself. He has curently no less than three AARs going, and each and every one of them is worth checking out.

Witout further ado I give you Hardraade, author of Return to Glory: A Germania AAR for HoI2, An Irishman’s Story for Victoria, and Of Men Great and Small for CK.

Congratulations, Hardraade! :)

Congratulations Hardraade!

Congratulations. Nice choice.

Many congratulations Hardraade. It is a well deserved nod.

Just a few words to say:

Oh yeah!

Congratz, Haardrade!

Congratulations! :)

I would like to thank The_Guiscard for this wonderful Christams present. I am truly honored. Thanks also to everyone who has stopped by to offer their congratulations and to those who have supported my AARs with their comments.

Congratulations Hardraade :)

Many congratulations Hardraade :D

Thanks again to everyone who offered their congratulations and to The_Guiscard for the nomination. Before passing on the award to the next recipient I guess I'm supposed to say a little something about myself. I'm not really one for speeches so I'll keep it short.

My name is Matthew. I'm twenty eight years old and work in law enforcement. I live in what we refer to as the "Capital District" of the state of New York with the woman that I've been lucky enough to be married to for the last four years. No kids yet, but hopefully soon.

I got started writing AARs kind of by accident. I'm a big fan of all of Paradox's strategy games and often found myself sort of making up stories in my head to fit in with the game. I suppose that it made the game a bit more interesting. I had no concept that AARs actually existed until I stumbled onto the forum one day. I thought it was great that other people were not only thinking up stories to go with their games, but actually putting them up for other people to read. After working up some courage I decided to put one of my own out there. I was very nervous and unsure of myself at first as I couldn't know what kind of reaction I was going to get. I quickly found out that we have a wonderful and supportive community here and got confident enough not only to continue with that AAR, but to start up others as well.

And now to the next recipient of this award. I am passing on the award to a very talented writer who has two fantastic AARs currently in the works on the CK forum. I give you General_BT, author of Rome AARisen- a Byzantine AAR & Vikan Vojislavljevic is a Fool, and Other Tales of Imperial Serbia.

Congratulations, General_BT!

Many congratulations BT ! Very well done :D

Congratulations!