• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Alfred Packer! :D

Congratulations Alfred Packer!

Well done Alfred Packer, congratulations :)

I am blushing. Truly, I never expected such an honor to befall my humble (oh so humble) scribblings on the internet.

While I do not have a speech prepared, there are a few people who I would like to thank. First of all, I would like to thank myself, for knowing when to quit. You see, the Crovan Clan is not my first AAR, that dishonor falls to a certain AAR that I have wisely left to rot about the Lombards of southern Italy. I chose a style that was quite tedious to write in - I mean real tedious...sucked the joy out of the whole thing. It was painful to write and to read - to be honest. Had I tried to plod along any further in it, I would probably have quit writing AARs in frustration. But I didn't. I decided that there had to be a way to write AARs that would work for me and that would be fun to write.

This is where I thank all of you, from Anonymous, Pharlge and Farquharson from whom I have stolen...er...learned so much about saying a lot with few words and many pictures.

And I must thank VILenin, Rex Angliae RGB, General_BT, rcduggan, Snugglie, good lord, this list could go on forever - but from all of you I've learned about crafting a story from a game, making something really great out of a batch of screenshots and some notes (okay, I'm really lazy...its just screenshots for me).

I have to thank everyone who posts in my AARs, I really appreciate the feedback - or lack thereof...it lets me know when I am doing great or slacking off, as the case maybe.

Most of all, I have to thank AARland just for being here. I bought EUIII back in June...the first computer game I've purchased in years (I had EUII and HOI1, but lost the CDs some time back) and stumbled on AARLand. Reading these AARs has directly caused me to purchase CK, DV, Vicky, Ricky, and HOI2:DD in the last 6 months.

If you read this far, I am shocked. Sorry for the rambling, but as I said, I didn't have a speech prepared.

I guess I have some work to do, since I must find my successor out there somewhere.

Congrats

Congrats, Alfred Packer :)

Yeesh...is it Sunday already? As much as I hate to give up all the readers who flocked to checkout and comment (haha!) in my AARs, it seems that time has come.

The crown has rested in CK for a while now, so I would like to share with you another writer from another less-visited forum. He is using a Victoria Mod which brings Israel into existance some 100 years early. His story is very well written and, really, the best accolade I can give him is that this AAR is the sole reason I purchased Victoria.

I strongly recommend you check this history-book alternate history out, for it is outstanding work.

I give you the WritAAR of the Week:

superskippy, author of The Sceptre of David

Congratulations superskippy!

Congrats superskippy! :)

congratulations superskippy !

Many congratulations, Suprskippy! I'm a huge fan of your work. :D

Well deserved, I must say.

Thank you all! This really is incredible, seeing how this is only my second Victoria AAR and my second serious AAR ever. Its wonderful to get all of these accolades, it really, really is. Especially since I had a lapse of a week or two where work simply crushed me and I couldnt get anything more than a bare update, and when I returned to a regular update schedule people came right on back. I'm so glad to know that so many people like my writing!

Ok so... I confess I have no idea what I do now! Do I pick a successor now?

superskippy said:
Thank you all! This really is incredible, seeing how this is only my second Victoria AAR and my second serious AAR ever. Its wonderful to get all of these accolades, it really, really is. Especially since I had a lapse of a week or two where work simply crushed me and I couldnt get anything more than a bare update, and when I returned to a regular update schedule people came right on back. I'm so glad to know that so many people like my writing!

Ok so... I confess I have no idea what I do now! Do I pick a successor now?

Next Sunday it is :). Congrats once again!

Congats superskippy! Awesome story, well deserved.