• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ample and ubiquitous huzzahs for you, fiftypence!

Congratulations, Fiftypence. :)

Just a note to recipients, please make sure that we check the list of past winners on the first page and try to award the prize to deserving writers who might not have had the honor. This way we can ensure that the award taps a diverse group of authors, many of whom we might not yet be aware.

Congrats Fiftypence. Danish revival has seen some great writing from you recently!

Hear Hear, Hooray for Fiftypence! I salute you, sir.

And agree with Mett, there's bound to be plenty of undiscovered diamonds in the rough out there.

Congratulations Fiftypence, you are doing a great AAR, so it is a very well deserved award. :)

Fiftypence, now that I've read a good deal of your AAR and can detect its um... atypical and supernatural character... I wonder if you might tell us a little about how you developed the idea, and perhaps where it might be going!

Renss

Rensslaer said:
Fiftypence, now that I've read a good deal of your AAR and can detect its um... atypical and supernatural character... I wonder if you might tell us a little about how you developed the idea, and perhaps where it might be going!

Renss

Um, well, okay.

The initial idea came from reading a fascinating but bonkers article about how the Illuminati secretly control everything on some conspiracy theory website, and it occured to me that this would be a good basis for a story. This wasn't until I was up to about the fifth update, the historical introduction done so as to give me time to come up with something interesting.

There are various other inspirations, including cthulhu's Third Empire AAR and The Yogi's Fu Manchu stories, as well as the works of H. P. Lovecraft himself. There are a couple of other inspirations I can't mention just yet as they would be too revealing. I have so far played up to 1849 and I scripted a couple of events that make things rather...different. ;)

At home I have a rather large occult library at my disposal (my mum is an expert on the supernatural), which has been useful. The Occult Revival historically begun not long after 1836, which I think gives a nice relevance to the title of the AAR. :D

At it's heart, however, it is a struggle of wills between two men, Jens Stemme and Mathias Jonsson, and it will be this, as well as the international progress of the revived Danish Empire, that the future of the AAR will be most concerned with. I can't really say more than that without giving things away. :)

congrats Fiftypence! ! ! well earned! ! ! :cool:

Way to go, TC Pilot!! Congrats!!!

Congrats indeed, a very deserving AAR (as was the first CI, over in HoI-land)

Congratulations, it seems to be a very good AAR and therefore a very well deserved award :)

Congratulations.