+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 357 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 32 57 82 107 ... LastLast

Thread: WritAAR of the Week: GreatWyrmGold

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Thank you thank you!

I'm pretty amazed at this, I never thought my AAR would actually get an award! Well for anyone who hasn't read Fields of Orange yet (and why not? ), its a AAR about a englishman mistaken for being Dutch and being forced to turn the Netherlands into a large empire, ofcourse against his own will...

ATM, I'm "busy" (as I call it, some people call it mucking about) with a new AAR based on the MP game I'm playing atm. I need a bit of pushing to get off my lazy arse to do it, so all comments are welcome! Link in my Sig.

Well a few things about me;
    I'm sure most of you have worked out by now I'm not dutch, but (as labalag said) an Englishman trapped in Holland. I moved here 2 years ago with my family at the young age of 13, making me now 15! I live with my younger brother and my parents in Eindhoven, in a nice house in the greener part of the city. My main hobbies are; lazing about, playing EU2 and going out to get hammered on saturdays.

*In true HollywAARD style, Van Engel gets up on stage waving his "trophy" about*

I want to thank my mom, my dad, my lil' brother, my older bro (for the drink! ), Flamey and Loch Ness for making me write an update, my budding readers (well I'm sure someone reads my AARs) and ofcourse my mosby himself for nominating me for this award, thank you all!
    WritAAr of the Week! - Week of Oct. 31, 2004

Johan gjorde mig blå Flame of Udûn's Avatar

Congrats... and I'd liek to thank you for thanking me (for nothing )

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

CONGRATS!
    Stay cool,
    Rythin

Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiSword of the StarsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congrats to you (and to me, because after months today I eventually cought the "chain method" for the election of the WoW)
    Visit the MAARquesate of Mantua! Faith in Power (WoW 30-3-2003)
    From the Tower of Belem: A Portuguese AAR (WoW 7-11-2004)
    Know my land's history with "The Apulian Persons Project" EU2 Victoria Crusader Kings (WoW 9-5-2010) EU3

“Coelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt” - Horace
    (His heaven above the traveller may change, but not the soul within)

Congrats
    10 more years!

Alternate Historian Machiavellian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations on being the WritAAR of the week and wishes of continued success.
    "When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer..."

54-40' or...
    A counter-factual history of the Oregon Territory and the birth of Columbia.
    The Double Cross and The Golden Bull A tale of the 'new' history of the Kingdom of Hungary
    Royalist Roast: A Puritan AAR The adventures of the second puritan revolution
    Upon the desert sands: A Mongol Empire Scenario Dynasties in conflict with Outremer

Europa Universalis IV

Thank you all.

As I understand it I have to chose my succesor?

Cities in Motion 2Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club

Good work, you crazy dutchman

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Troggle
    Good work, you crazy dutchman
    *Twiches* Thank you.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yes, Van Engel. That is correct. And today as well.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Europa Universalis IV

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by coz1
    Yes, Van Engel. That is correct. And today as well.
    In that case.

I anounce...

*Drum Roll*

...Hastu Neon as WoW.
    I chose him because of his AAR - Tower of Belem, which he is currently writting, which I am enjoying and inspired me to write an AAR about my latest MP game as Portugal.

Congrats Hastu!

Congrats!

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Congratulations!
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Congratulations.

Congrats. Now I must track it down and read it.

Bastardo Genial DJuan d Austria's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats!
    "España mi natura
    Italia mi ventura
    y Flandes mi sepultura"
    Tercios de Flandes

Nukle was here...

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, sir!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiSword of the StarsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

WoW (exclamation!). Thanks to Van Engel and to all the zealous readAArs on this fora! As a long-standing member of the category, I must say I've been reading real masterpieces here, and now … [sigh – happiness tears] for one week … my Portuguese AAR … [sigh] is in that electronic Paradise! I admit: probably the best reason explaining the award is the pleasure the AGCEEP campaign is giving me and I recommend you – if it were necessary – to give this fantastic mod a shot. And Portugal, which is a country I visited and love IRL, is simply fantastic to play.

Some words about me… my name is Francesco Moro (HastuNeon is a fantasy name, it's the ancient name of my birthplace, Ostuni – see location, old town, coat of arms, sea). But unfortunately (did you see the sea? ), I live in Milan and work in an investment bank (in two words, my job consists in financial advisory to distressed companies). I'm 29 years old and live since few weeks ago with my adored girlfriend Manuela. Any particular notes? Sports: swimming, cycling and ski. Hobbies: Paradox games, movies, history (Middle Ages and in particular Normans' and Emperor Federico II's kingdoms in Southern Italy, I'm indeed a proud descendant of them!). Political/social ideas: Catholic background, developed in a strange leftish libertarian and liberal (but not liberist) social-democratic spirit.

Next AAR projects: after a pause, I'm considering the possibility to write an "trilogue" CK-EU2-Vicky about a specific area and it won't be neither historical (differently from my previous ones) nor novelist. Wait and see... Back to the AAR, another post will follow soon: read it, comment it and enjoy it!

Francesco/Hastu Neon
    Last edited by Hastu Neon; 09-11-2004 at 17:43.
    Visit the MAARquesate of Mantua! Faith in Power (WoW 30-3-2003)
    From the Tower of Belem: A Portuguese AAR (WoW 7-11-2004)
    Know my land's history with "The Apulian Persons Project" EU2 Victoria Crusader Kings (WoW 9-5-2010) EU3

“Coelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt” - Horace
    (His heaven above the traveller may change, but not the soul within)

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    congratulations.

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Congratulations, Hastu Neon!

Best wishes in your writing, Sir. What is it you like most about AGCEEP? For that long-from-now day when I finally finish my first Vicky AAR and may try my hand at EUII?

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 357 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 32 57 82 107 ... LastLast