• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Avindian. Very well done for your first game of EU IV.

Another award
Daring moves, colourful prose
Mt Fuji approves​

Last edited:
Not to be outdone,
I'll submit my own haiku,
Though not at all apt.​

:D

Congratulations, Avindian. Very well done for your first game of EU IV.

Another award
Daring moves, colourful prose
Mt Fuji approves​

You should write an AAR where each update is just one haiku :p

You should write an AAR where each update is just one haiku :p

I seem to recall that that has been done before, in fact. Maybe someone has the link?

Congratulations to Avindian once again. :)

Happy 4000th post, DB!
And one more congrats for AV!

(Oh, and it would seem that this is my 4,000th post. I had hoped it would be somewhat grander... :D)

You should have stuck with the one about the buff shirts.

You should have stuck with the one about the buff shirts.

Perhaps. That would have been 3,999 by my count, though.

We expect a turnip surprise on your 5,000th :rolleyes:

I warrant there'll be one before then. :)

And so as not to make this about my quadramillenialoricative contrafibularities, congratualtions Av (for a third time. :))

Thanks once again to everybody for the kind words (and multiple congratulations from some, no less)!

Of late, I'm enjoying quite a few AARs (although, sadly, not as many as I would like, thanks to a surfeit of time and internet connection). A Biography of Great Men is fantastic, Alfred Packer has a new CKII AAR that's very enjoyable, Antonine has revived his classic DH AAR about the history of the French Empire, and TheChalk has just begun a very promising Vicky 2 AAR about Spain.

In some sort of zany alternate universe in which this award is entitled WritAARs of the week, they would surely all win. Yet, this is not our universe. In the immortal words of the Highlander, "there can be only one!" (Note: I do not encourage beheading your fellow writAARs in an attempt to gain their writing powers.)

In any case, that one in this case is Uriah, for his outstanding World War II alternate history, Doppelgänger. Uriah is no stranger to this award, but it has been more than a year since he last won it, and I, for one, think that is entirely too long. Congratulations, Uriah!

To have been but considered is an honour enough. Cheers Av! :)

But also many congratulations to Uriah! A very worthy winner indeed.

Well if I don't behead my fellow writAARs where are we SUPPOSED to get writing powers? Good old fashioned beheading is the way!
Congrats to Uriah!