• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Yenzen

And then the time came to pass on the award. I had many considerations about who to pick, but the self-inflicted process of elimination:

- I had to be actively reading and finished to the latest update.
- Author must not have won this award in at least 6 months.
- The AAR must be overall active.
- And of course it must have been well written and enjoyable.

Lead me to select a slightly unorthodox candidate:

Österreich Uber Alles - Austrian Polandball AAR by Nick Giordano.

To my knowledge, this is his first AAR, but it serves to fill a space that I think this forum has missed for a very long time: A comic based AAR that is both well made and well written. The last one I can think of was Subcontinental Subtleties, which sadly has died a quiet death. It is an AAR I have the highest hope for and the one I would be the most sad about if it didn't come to completion, like so many other excellent AAR's. I am aware that it is still in its early stages, but I think the author deserves recognition for what he has accomplished so far.

Congrats Nick! I've been meaning to start reading since you picked up AARtist of the Month, I suppose another awAARd for your trophy case is as good a reason as any to do it right now. :)

Thank you, thank you! I never expected to win awards for my (first) AAR, much less two! I'm honored that my work was worth the WritAAR of the Week.

I'd also like to give thanks to your guys' support. The main reason why I decided to write my AAR was to entertain and your guy's positive feedback (like these awards!) really give me inspiration to continue. Thanks again, and I'm glad you enjoy the AAR!

Congrats Nick! Well done.

It's quite possible that he doesn't. Perhaps someone wants to contact him?

It's Christmas. Not guaranteed he's online these days. I suggest he gets a pm and some extra days. :)

I messaged him a few days ago, assuming that since he had noticed getting the award, I no longer had any say.

What's the standard procedure if he does not nominate anyone by Sunday?

A moderator will open up the award for nominations on a first-come-first-served basis. We tend to be quite lenient, though.

I'll PM him -- if he doesn't respond by sometime tomorrow, I'll formally give the go ahead to choose a successor.

I'm sorry guys, I meant to choose a successor a few days ago but Christmas preparations and celebrations became more busy than I thought. I had to catch up on some AAR readings; my apologies.

I'd like to give WritAAR award next to Seelmeister for his March of the Ealges AAR "In the Shadow of Greatness: Etienne's War".

Unlike most AARs, Etienne's War does not necessarily follow one country has a whole but instead follows one individual general during the Napoleonic Wars: Etienne MacDonald. This made reading the AAR more personal and meaningful as I was following the successes and failures of one man instead of the 'faceless' state. So when life's blessings shone upon Etienne I cheered, when the injustices of life clouded Etienne I moaned. Following one man was a very clever idea that I find very original.

Last edited:
A very well deserved recipient and a very deserving AAR. Good choice, Nick – and many congratulations to Seelmeister! My sincerest contrafibularities. ;)

A wonderful AAR -- one of my own favorites, and I'm not just saying that because he's a colleague. :) I think March of the Eagles has all kinds of untapped potential for AARs, and I'm legitimately surprised that there aren't more. Keep up the good work, Seelmeister!