• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
stnylan said:

Hey stnylan! Its so good to see you around after such a long time, really missed your comments, I hope life is well :). You maybe should read this.

Sad to see it end in a CtD, DoS.

stnylan said:
Sad to see it end in a CtD, DoS.

Yes indeed, but at least it allows me to start all over again and I already played the next chapter. I think there was quite enough to write another decent update ;) !

*caugh, caugh*

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a great pleasure for me to announce the new winner of the writer of the week award (since the new day starts where I live in a little more than an hour I guess its OK to do it now). I want to nominate a writer who is able to write a story with an extremly tight plot, great interest in development of characters and not the usual “first I did this, than I did that” approach on telling a story. I’m just halfway through his AAR Into The West and it will probably still take some time till I’ve finaly arrived at the newest update, but I enjoy it immensely. Enough of the babbling, come on stage coz1 and take my place! :)

*leaves stage, sits down in the audience again*

Congratulations, coz1! Very well deserved! :D

:eek: WoW :eek:

Gosh - I certainly didn't expect this. Thanks DoS! I really appreciate it! I almost feel bad since I started this again so others would have a chance to win...but I think I'll keep it. :D :p :D

Hmmm - who am I? Soon to be 32, a staff member of a law firm in Atlanta, Georgia where I was born and raised. Spent some years in Chicago after college and just had to come back south to get away from the cold weather and get back to southern women. :D I spend most of my time either writing Into the West or on my blog, as well as keeping up to date on the film world since I was an actor in a previous life (read:all the way through high school and college.)

I joined up here back in the middle of 2002 and worked on an AAR about Dai Viet which sadly was abandoned and I just disappeared. But I kept lurking and finally came back out of the shadows in January of last year to start work on my Persia AAR in Victoria. From there - well, you folks know the rest.

I love working with the folks on the Gazette and I do my best to help out with the Vickie librAARy. I love this place and the members that come here to write great stuff, enjoy reading other peoples works and just have an all around good time. In short - I'm glad I came back and I appreciate this honor. It's that much more special coming from a fellow member than it was coming from a mod (though I enjoyed that too. ;) )

I'd also like to give some thanks to MrT and Lord Durham. There are many people that inspired me to do what I do around here, writing and on projects, and none more than those two. They showed me the way and I can only hope I give back half as much as they did in their tenure on these boards. And I miss them too. Cheers fellas, if you are reading.

Once again, thanks for this! :D

Last edited:
Congratulations coz1. One of the forum pillars today.

Congrats, A. Truly well deserved. Into the West should be required reading for those interested in narrative AARs and illustrates the best of what this forum is about and can produce.

LD

Congratulations coz1! :)

This is truly a well deserved honour. Not only are you an excellent writer, you are also a very dedicated and valuable member of AARland.

Hurrah! Three cheers and all that. Glad to see your work recognized. Can’t blame you from not liking winter in Chicago. Burrr. Maybe you just needed a southern woman in Chicago to keep you warm? :D

Joe

I just wish to convey that I agree with everything that has been said thus far and offer forth my congratulations as well.

I add my voice to the chorus and i must say it is a well deserved and long overdue award! Congradulations Coz1!

Vive Le Coz1! :D