• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Garuda! :D

Thankyou all very much guys. I feel very humbled. Thankyou to Superskippy in particular for nominating me.

I'm really enjoying writing my AAR. Its my second attempt at an AAR, the first, a CK offering, ended abrubtly with a bit of a computer bug. I'm hoping that this time I'll finish what I have started.

Wow. Now to start reading AAR's in earnest in order to pick the winner for this new week. The pressure.................

I'll post the next winner either on Friday or Sunday coming.

Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Congrats Garuda!

Okay, so its only Friday. But I don’t know when I’ll get chance to post over the weekend so I’m doing this now. Its time to choose a new writAAR of the week.

There are several AAR’s new and established that I follow at any one time but this week I think I’ve read more AARs in one week than I ever have done before. Choosing one over the rest is not easy. I’ve considered several for different reasons:

Some of the writers are definite favourites of mine whom I like to follow no matter what they write. How can some people be so consistently good at keeping your attention and so enthralled in the stories they write?

Other writers are quite new to me but they write the kind of AAR that keeps me coming back to their threads. Usually I favour AAR’s that have a mix of screenies and piccies for mood (but not too many) and well written (his)story or game play narrative.

Anyway, to my choice for WritAAR of the week. This particular author wrote one of my favourite AARs of all time: An EU2 Ayutthaya AAR (rather embarrassingly I can’t remember the title, but something about an elephant). Anyhow, I’ve continued to follow his writings since. His current AAR is an EU3 Burgundy offering in which he has been busy assimilating his neighbours as the Borgundian Collective. I know a few months back this particular AAR has already bought him one WritAAR of the week but he certainly deserves this award. Also, this may be the only opportunity I get to give ‘official’ recognition to how much I enjoy his writing and I know many others do too. WritAAR of the week: merrick.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6699779&postcount=1

Congratulations. :cool:

Last edited:
Congratulations merrick.

Congrats merrick! :D

Congratulations merrick :)

Congratulations , Merrick !

Congratulations Merrick!

Congrats merrick!

Well done, congratulations Merrick!

Congratulations to all the recent winners!

Er, um, thank-you! Thank-you to everyone who posted and double thank-you to Garuda for nominating me (isn't it sort of a cheat to be nominated twice for the same AAR?)

Oh, and while I'm about it, thanks to everyone who's slogged through Resistance is Futile - which has pulled the usual trick of my writing, by extending to near-infinite length and ending up nowhere near where I'd originally planned it to go.

I will - promise - post next week's nomination by the end of next week.
Right now, I've got some AARs to read.