• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done, CSK! I wish I had more time to get to know your work better. But your Bohemia AAR will always have special place in my heart, beeing the AAR that taught me to play my greatest love, CK.

Great choice! A well deserved nod, CSK! Congrats and I hope to catch up soon. :)

Congratulations CSK :)

Many congrats CSK. Know Your Enemy is a masterful piece of paranoia.

Well done indeed CSK! :)

Congratulations CSK ! ! :cool:

First of, thank you Nil. Of course this is a big honour for me and now I could talk about how much I wished to get this award etc. But I won't. I don't think I have the time and you would profit better if I used the time to update the AAR.

Know Your Enemy is, as opposed to what Nil said, already my fifth AAR. Plus a mass of other AARs I was part of, as in multiplayer or game exchange etc. Still it is definatly the first that really started as narrative piece. I always enjoyed reading and writing narrative, but I just couldn't do so in English before.

Then there was de Forez. The only AAR I also update sometimes started as gameplay, developed into some kind of strange humour and got narrative. The reason was that I just wished to write it this way. But I learnt soon enough that I had troubles to include my ideas within it. Main problem was that it just wasn't dark enough.

So Know Your Enemy, or better the foundations of it, were born. I had quite a lot of ideas included within it. So I started thinking of the characters. Salmó came to be as a very easy idea. What if I got to power and knew I could lose it. How would I react, surrounded by possible enemies? One thing really helped me in this case, the form of narrative. While I usually like to write in auctorial form, knowing everything and telling you bits of it, so that you know what the main character doesn't know, I didn't do so here. The reason is easy, you still don't know who really is an enemy or not, which means you have the same trouble Salmó has. He himself is also a very interesting character to write for. As I only write a bit before I update, the comments influence me, yes, they already did. And it's funny to get a development one never expected, as Salmó being a serial killer.

But I think I spoke enough about it. Nil says also I'm in serious need of improving my English. While he is completly correct if he says so, for a seventeen year old guy, who goes to seventh grade gymnasium (that's eleventh grade in Germany, I don't know every school system, so let's just say second last before school ends) it's actually quite okay. Of course it could be better, and I'm working on it, but compared to others of this age in Austria, I'm not that bad.

Okay, I think that was it. And thanks all for the congratiulations. Veld, Fapu, danke. *bows and leaves*

I'm not late, am I? :rolleyes: Coz already PMed me, so I guess I am. Apologies for that. Anyway, I read through quite some AARs and loved many. I think a lot of them would deserve the award, but I can choose only one. I think the great thing of reading is that it really influences you. Many AARs have, but this one did something not every can. It made me want to write. While I have not finished reading yet, I'm only on page six of twenty two, I loved it so far and am sure I'll enjoy the rest as well. I just hope he reads that, but as he updated last week, I guess he eventually will.

This prize belongs to Mother Russia! Congrats Paranoid Tsar for The New Jerusalem!

Not late at all, CSK. In fact, right on time. ;) I usually send a reminder PM to folks just to keep us running smoothly. And great pick!

Congrats once again, PT! This makes it #3 and it's been quite some time since you last won. Very much deserved! Well done. :)

Duke of Wellington said:
Three times :eek:. I'm really going to have to check this AAR out. Well done.
It's one of the greats.

Very congratulations PT. Hoping for another coat on the floor as well soon?

Duke of Wellington said:
Three times :eek:. I'm really going to have to check this AAR out. Well done.
Same here. Congrats Paranoid Count! I knew Salmo would win one day and...

Err... Wait a minute, what did I miss? A Tsar? :eek: That's social ascention! :cool:

Congrats on the award!

I guess this makes your AAR another one of the longer running ones that I need to catch up on.