• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is quite an honor to be given such an award, thank you. I'll be honest and say I'm a bit surprised in the selection because there are some excellent writers out there, but thank you for the nod.

I'll be looking around AARland to see who should be named next week's WritAAR. Again, thank you, it truly is a pleasure to write and associate with a great bunch of people. :)

Snake IV said:
Damit, Eber was a word I didn't manage on my German test today :p . Congrats.

And given that I belive I haven't congratulated anyone for a while, congrats to everyone that havn't been congratulated by my already. :)

Eber: That you have found a way to distress Snake without ever meeting him means you certainly deserve this award. :)

:runs from Snake:

EDIT: And this is the 2,000th reply! I think I..er...we...deserve a cake!

Last edited:
Congrats Eber, I just started reading your AAR last night. Good stuff.

A fine AAR. Congratulations Eber :)

Eber said:
It is quite an honor to be given such an award, thank you. I'll be honest and say I'm a bit surprised in the selection because there are some excellent writers out there, but thank you for the nod.

I'll be looking around AARland to see who should be named next week's WritAAR. Again, thank you, it truly is a pleasure to write and associate with a great bunch of people. :)
That's one of the fun things about these awAARds - the surprise at having been picked. :D

Now you are supposed to get up and say a few words. Tell us about yourself. Step on up to the podium. We won't bite. Well...maybe CatKnight, but that's just his lust for cake. Or he may mistake you for a tree. :p ;)

And remember - you don't have to pick until March 5th so we expect many updates while you are in the spotlight. :D

Beware Cat, beware :p

40124175.Thecatandthesnake.jpg

coz1 said:
That's one of the fun things about these awAARds - the surprise at having been picked. :D

Now you are supposed to get up and say a few words. Tell us about yourself. Step on up to the podium. We won't bite. Well...maybe CatKnight, but that's just his lust for cake. Or he may mistake you for a tree. :p ;)

And remember - you don't have to pick until March 5th so we expect many updates while you are in the spotlight. :D

I'll try and give a few updates until I get to choose the next inductee. ;)

So a litte bit about myself. Well I'm 21 years old, recently graduated from the University of Iowa with a double major in American History and Creative Writing. I'm taking a little time off from school before I go back and try to get my masters in American History. I like to one day be a published author, and hopefully move to Boston in the next two years hopefully. I'm just a young guy looking for the path he's suppose to take in life, nothing more. :)

Congrats Eber! :)

Well it is finally my time to pass on the torch. Has it already been a week? :D

There are a great number of stories on this forum that are incredibly interesting. What is even better is that the writing that occurs is often original and entertaining. We all have seen that one AAR that we cling to like a young child to its mother, anticipating each and every update.

I enjoy many of the AARs in each game section, especially in HOI 2 since I don't own the game. However, there is only one AAR that has caught my attention, held it and even blew me away with each update. With that said, I would like to announce the WritAAR of the Week to be....*Drumroll is heard in the background*

canonized!

This member of our forum is a truly talented writer. In his EU3 AAR, Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? , he has given not only an interesting AAR concept but a very entertaining read. Chapter IV: The Siege of London was a great piece of writing. I recommend any who have not yet read it and enjoy an unconventional premise to head on over there and check it out.

Congratulations canonized! Bask in the spotlight and tell us a little bit about yourself. :)

Way to go, canonized! I've been meaning to give that thread more than just a once over and now I have yet another reason to. Congrats!

Thank you all ! And I have to say that I'm truly surprised by this !

I have to say that the surprise comes on many levels . First because I am very grateful and happy to have such an honourable fan such as Eber who has been very gracious in his nomination of my writing . Despite having submitted only one piece so far I am so humbled by his generous words . Eber Thank you so much for this honour , my latest chapter I have dedicated especially to you for your consideration .

I will also be honest, I am relatively new to this forum and to this particular niche of the forum and I was taken by surprise on that level to have been picked for this week . I am almost embarassed by such an accolade for being so new ! Despite that , I hope that this stands as a testament to all new forum members out there ! Especially those who joined simply because EUIII was their first game . I have owned EUII CK Vic/Ric and HOI2DD but the first time I tried writing a serious AAR was for EUIII . Therefore I encourage all the new people to expand their horizons . This community that we have here is lively , friendly , and gracious enough to run a program to encourage and promote works and authors . So I ask all the new people out there who may be thinking of an AAR , be courageous and rise to the occassion . As Eber noted my AAR is unconventional so please take that as your cue to enrich this wonderful board with your both run of the mill , and non run of the mill narratives !

I am also surprised because of the positive atmosphere , encouragement , and overall friendliness of everyone so far for me and my work . I wanted to thank you all especially those who stuck it with me from the beginning in my work and gave me positive comments . There is NO doubt that without those encouraging comments every time I posted , this story would not have continued . And , knowing this , this is why I have made it my personal initiative to read the AARs of those kind enough to post on my fledgling thread as well as the ones i already read . I also promise to give meaningful comments with as much depth as I feel . That is not to say that others don't have it when they simply say 'good job' etc , but if I have free time I do wish to comment on specifics about each work just like others have done for me . Sometimes it is the notice of detail that truly gets the confidence of the writer going and I believe in doing unto others as i wish they do unto me . Therefore I will do my best to make good comments on all the AARs I read .

I also wanted to thank coz for maintaining this thread . Not simply because I can be showcased along with so many others more deserving , but because this thread HELPS Writers of this board . And the maintenance of this thread truly does enrich all of us who wish to share our crazy stories with all of you . I will also be making sure to have my nominee ready even before Sunday and I'll send you a letter , coz , before Sunday just in case my computer blows up and I can't make it to announce who i've passed the torch to .

I'll speak briefly of myself . As I said earlier I have EUIII EUII CK Vick/Rick and HOI2DD . My favourite hobby with these games is to do the whole CK-EUII-Ricky-HOI2DD which in fact inspired me to do my current piece . I also wanted to say to my fans who enjoy this to not worry when it ends because I'll return with a Ricky AAR (it was supposed to be a secret but oh well) and make GOOD homage to this award I have been given . Aside from the game , I am a college student from "The OC" studyig law and criminology though I am planning on transferring to Ohio to the Franciscan University of Steubenville because I want a more Faith-based and Faith-centered education and social life (you can imagine how secular it is in Southern Cali even behind the conservative Orange Curtain) .

I'm also a Capricorn and like long walks on the beach ! :p .

I don't plan anytime soon on publishing any works but there is a story similar to this one that is not EU related that I've been working on for use in Mangas and other comics . You can say that my off-site work has inspired my AAR .

Lastly I want to say that as a new person in this area of the forum , I want to say that I truly wish to get to know more of you and your AARs . I'm glad I've already gotten to know so many through their wonderful comments and banter on my thread and I hope to see more of you there and at your AARs as well . Since i'm currently working on the Japanese arc of my story I'll leave with this: Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu ! Or for you non-romanjii reading speakers : I humbly ask for you all to kindly take care of me !

Congratulations canonized :)

Congratulations, I'm afraid I have not kept up with your AAR but will endevor to read it once I get through the mountain of reading I've lined up for myself (half way through re-reading Into the West on my journey to read every AAR to be recognized in the AAR of the week forum)

But from what I have read in the first post of your AAR, it is obvious that the recognition is well deserved. Welcome to the forums and welcome to the wonderful world of AAR's. And, as a Buckeye in self-imposed exile, hopefully welcome to Ohio!