• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
merrick said:
Nice contrast of playing and writing styles - It'll be interesting to see where this goes...

In other news, Brandenburg is distressingly large and scary, Austria is bringing a whole new meaning to the term 'decentralised', and Bulgaria (say again, Bulgaria) has taken down the Ottomans.... Looks like fun!
Well basically we wanted to see if Flame of Udun was as good as he said he was. :D And I'm sure Von Loch Ness is very pleased about Bulgaria too. :)

Be careful with your shared ambition
It may end up in a gigantic partition
If every writer
Has to be both banker and fighter
Each surpassing another
To Europe, a bother
It'll end with a crash
As England, France and the Polish
Will greatly demolish
Denmark in a quick dash.

Not every king creates empires
Even though it may be among his greatest desires
Not every king shatters the work of others
Even though they may be his brothers

Care should be taken. One of you may need to hold a peaceful period.

But perhaps you've already thought of that.

I like your writing styles, variation is good. :)

merrick said:
Nice contrast of playing and writing styles - It'll be interesting to see where this goes...

In other news, Brandenburg is distressingly large and scary, Austria is bringing a whole new meaning to the term 'decentralised', and Bulgaria (say again, Bulgaria) has taken down the Ottomans.... Looks like fun!
well, i'm not sure it'll go anywhere, you know :D
it's the second day since i played my 30 years, and i havent written anything, sorry guys, i had abslutely no time at all :)
i hope we'll have an update from me on Monday... i have no idea what my AAR will look like.. but definitely not a narrative one, i cant do that.

and yea, i'm Bulgarian so i'm quite happy to see it rule over the Balkans and parts of Anatolia :)

von Loch Ness said:
well, i'm not sure it'll go anywhere, you know :D
it's the second day since i played my 30 years, and i havent written anything, sorry guys, i had abslutely no time at all :)
i hope we'll have an update from me on Monday... i have no idea what my AAR will look like.. but definitely not a narrative one, i cant do that.

and yea, i'm Bulgarian so i'm quite happy to see it rule over the Balkans and parts of Anatolia :)

Hurry up with this AAR :D , I can't write my untile you finish yours :p

On Panda Pride and Mish-Mash

*******​

“Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, with tonight’s edition of “I’m a Dane and I’m Okay”.
Let the curtains rise!”

curtains_rise.jpg

“No you idiots, the other curtains!!
There you go…”

tv_presenter.jpg

“Today, a group of left extremist rebels declared their will to fight for a panda-free government, as response to the recent increase in panda representatives in the local structures of his majesty’s administration in Ostlandet. Severe outbursts of dislike for fellow citizens shook the tiny vicinity of this quiet Danish region...
Reporting live, from the epicentre of the revolt is our wonderful colleague, Lorrie.“

reporter.jpg

“Good evening. Today this tranquil village behind me was torn by civil war when a panda-pride parade ended with dire consequences for the bamboo-consuming part of the population. A local racist organization interrupted the peaceful festivities with anti-panda shouts and boos, chasing the pandas throughout downtown Ostlandet with knives, forks and chopsticks.
In an attempt to protect the pandas’ human rights, the King’s officials have agreed to ransom them for ‘lots and lots of meat’.” It is a dire day indeed
Reporting live, from Ostlandet, Lorrie for “I’m a Dane and I’m Okay”.

“Thank you, Lorrie, we’re back to the other less important news of the day.
After eating at Macdonalds for months, our Royal Highness Eric VII has exploded. His Royal Carcassness has reportedly rocketed to various parts of the country. Oily, fat, Burger King-hating, hamburger-fuelled bodyparts hailed on the unsuspecting hungry subjects, who devoured the late King.

royal_explosion.jpg

a royal explosion

"Unfortunately, this little incident caused an international diplomatic mish-mash. For more on the subject, we have an exclusive interview with a connoisseur on mish-mashes."
mr_porridgessen.jpg

“Mr. Porridgessen, what are your thoughts on the latest events in the world of cooking and diplomacy?”
“Sadly, it appears that our fellow Brandenburgers thought we blamed them for the cholesterol- Hamburgers, Brandenburgers, you know... A mish-mash it is, indeed.”
“Back to the studio. We will be broadcasting live again as this hot culinary collision unfolds.”

tv_presenter.jpg

“Many thanks to Mr. Porridgessen for his insider’s review of the current affairs.
And now...
The Aarhus Cabaret of Severely Braindamaged Puppet Masters presenting their new show “I Was a Middleaged Ugly Puppet!””

puppet_cabaret.jpg

nifty. sex sells.

Several years later the Brandenburger war was over, after numerous attempts at a peace deal. The Kinkdom’s brave armies had been sent to the last men into Brandenburg and laid siege on all of its provinces in a matter of months, while the enemies’ troops were gloriously left to plunder and rape the Danish countryside and enjoy the marvels of our culture. So numerous were the Polish visitors having fun in Pommern, that they could barely be accommodated on the city’s streets and ruins.
pole_in_pommern.jpg

A brave Pole in Pommern

The grand tourist project went on for about 3 years when Brandenburg finally capitulated and surrendered its two richest German-populated provinces as a sign of appreciation of the time they had had in Denmark during the cultural olympiad.
Soon all of Europe was exchanging know-how, ideas and people as Denmark and Brandenburg had. Just for fun, Bohemia and Hungary declared war too, but did not want to send in armies because of the slow bureaucratic-ridden process of obtaining a Visa.
bureaucracy.gif

bureaucracy

Years of grand internal planning and boredom followed. Hans was progressively getting glued to his bed...
The eight months of battles with Austria in the Lowlands couldn’t move him, neither could the 17 peaceful years that followed. His Majesty’s subjects were also getting fatter and dumber, watching too much Television, eating Hamburgers despite poor King Eric’s explosion, and picking up bad smoking habits from their progressive Dutch neighbours.
The Panda population of the country thrived and built three manufactories because everyone was too lazy to eat them.
danish_manufaturers.gif

Modern Danish scientists

Thirty years of pointless wars, limited internal planning and a small Explosion marked the Golden Age of Denmark under His Majesty Eric and His Even Bigger But Not So Majestic Majesty Hans (There is only one King, you know.. the Fat King)
elvis.jpg

The One True King

Well since Matija, flamey and VLN gave up on this long ago, I will finish this AAR off by myself. :D Wish me luck.