• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(17541)

Colonel
Jun 10, 2003
Visit site

in HOI puppets could give more disadvantages then anything else...

- the 127. low tech unit / militia - not capable to do anything...

- they often are the weak points in your fortified defense line

- weak leaders

- lousy techs - even with sharing techs it takes years...

- and so on...

...hope for more influence on my puppets in HOI2:

- order them to build forts / AA

- order them how to use the IC surplus

- better tech sharing

- order unit upgrades

...why should they build WWI units for their puppet-master if he already has late WWII techs ?

...also I hope there are more options for puppeting and annexing (the way CORE goes)

- rate of oppression

- rate of control

- and so on...

Sounds nice.

One thing to add, since I have been rather frustrated about it, I want a message when they get attacked, which I dont get now.

I think that the problem runs a bit deeper. It seems to me that the above problem with puppets is true for allies in general. The problem runs all the way up to AI. The AI is stupid and does point less things (like building militia when R&D should be done instead). More control of allies (& puppets) would be nice, but would require more micromanagement... :(

As for techs and Industrialization in general, well that is a bit different. Let us remeber that puppets are rarely nations that are strong. Puppets usually enter Puppethood after a war, in which they are beaten badly, this means that most of their Manpower and supplies are gone :( , after the act of puppeting they must also send the Master Nation a good part of their resources. In other wrods Puppet Nations are rarely in the best of situations. They are just like weak allies. One can support a puppet technologically (by sharing techs), bu it may take a year or more to get them on the desired level.

I like the idea of mor influence over puppets ands allies.In HOI1 it was so,that my allies give me there troops and then dont do anything,so i must control and order about 1000 divs,ships and airplanes

Asudulayev said:
I think that the problem runs a bit deeper. It seems to me that the above problem with puppets is true for allies in general. The problem runs all the way up to AI. The AI is stupid and does point less things (like building militia when R&D should be done instead). More control of allies (& puppets) would be nice, but would require more micromanagement... :(

As for techs and Industrialization in general, well that is a bit different. Let us remeber that puppets are rarely nations that are strong. Puppets usually enter Puppethood after a war, in which they are beaten badly, this means that most of their Manpower and supplies are gone :( , after the act of puppeting they must also send the Master Nation a good part of their resources. In other wrods Puppet Nations are rarely in the best of situations. They are just like weak allies. One can support a puppet technologically (by sharing techs), bu it may take a year or more to get them on the desired level.

...as suggested puppets should build units themselves they should only provide the MP for there units - the weapons would be provided by the master...

in most cases puppets supports there masters with there free ICs (how many IC is considered as free is depending on the supression rate and the excess raw-materials)

...but free IC doesn't means they would build tanks - it's more that they would produce consumer-goods, foot, or basic equpment to relieve the masters industry that way

implemented in HOI2 it could work this way:

- every puppet gives IC, and excess raw-materials to their master - depending on the supression level (higher supression = more)

- every puppets gives MP to their master depending on the supression level (higher supression = less)

- the master decides which units or installations the puppet should build and provides the IC and tech therefore

- all units should be marked as puppet owned units - given to the master as exp.forces or via military control

SilverDragon 72 said:
...as suggested puppets should build units themselves they should only provide the MP for there units - the weapons would be provided by the master...

in most cases puppets supports there masters with there free ICs (how many IC is considered as free is depending on the supression rate and the excess raw-materials)

...but free IC doesn't means they would build tanks - it's more that they would produce consumer-goods, foot, or basic equpment to relieve the masters industry that way

implemented in HOI2 it could work this way:

- every puppet gives IC, and excess raw-materials to their master - depending on the supression level (higher supression = more)

- every puppets gives MP to their master depending on the supression level (higher supression = less)

- the master decides which units or installations the puppet should build and provides the IC and tech therefore

- all units should be marked as puppet owned units - given to the master as exp.forces or via military control

Don't forget master assigning his own generals to command the puppets (Since most puppets don't have any good generals)

Just an idea..... :rolleyes:

SilverDragon 72 said:

in HOI puppets could give more disadvantages then anything else...

Not that historically puppets were any more efficient. Huge disent malus would be in order for puppet, don't forget that you extract half of their resources puppeting. Allies are different matter altogether, but puppets are OK IMHO (which is to say realistic). They were more of a liability than asset IRL.

I just want to say: I would like to play as Iraq etc... but for Christs sake I cant!. They have no recourses because they are being taken by their overlords, they are useless to be, and useless to have.

They should be able to be more powerful (and playable!!), and as you have said, have more control over them etc...