• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spocky

I hacked 127.0.0.1
67 Badges
Dec 3, 2002
hlawatsch.org
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
My girlfriend and I love to play CK in Lan . But in the past verey savegame was broken till around 1100 with CTDs en masse.

Last week I deframented my Paradox partition and this weekend we were playing again . In over 12 hours of playing time the host (me) had no CTDS
and we play till 1150

Maybe this will help some other who are complaining about massive CTDs

Greets

Spocky

Since this involves Lan play I will move this to the MP forum.
*Moved

if this advice works for others it would be great!

I'm stickying this for a while.

kurtbrian said:
I'm stickying this for a while.
Kurtbrian, you of all people should know the old rule: If you sticky it, nobody reads it.

:p

Anyway, as it is stickied here, you can also improve stability (especially if you don't have a super-computer) by renaming music and sfx floders to music_BACK and sfx_BACK. You'll lose all sounds and music, but game stability will improve a lot in MP :)

Jarkko Suvinen said:
Anyway, as it is stickied here, you can also improve stability (especially if you don't have a super-computer) by renaming music and sfx floders to music_BACK and sfx_BACK. You'll lose all sounds and music, but game stability will improve a lot in MP :)

Noo, the coughs!! ;)

I really think that most of the performance problems are caused by some resource feeders and crappy configurations in the problem haver's system, as I think of my system as quite a stable one in MP, even though I have minimum level system in many ways (not too much RAM, minimum processor etc...).

Jarkko Suvinen said:
Kurtbrian, you of all people should know the old rule: If you sticky it, nobody reads it.

:p

me of all people?
are you implying I don't read stickies??? :p

since there are only a few sticky threads I thought I would put it up here for a while - hoping that regular users would try to defrag and see if the performance improves. If it does I'm spreading the word to th rest of the mp forums.

Byakhiam said:
Noo, the coughs!! ;)

I really think that most of the performance problems are caused by some resource feeders and crappy configurations in the problem haver's system, as I think of my system as quite a stable one in MP, even though I have minimum level system in many ways (not too much RAM, minimum processor etc...).
most of it can be related to an unstable system. but sometimes the hardware combo that people have will cause the game to crash for no particular reason...

just ask castellon (and his trusty sidekick, jpd) who handle the support forums

kurtbrian said:
me of all people?
are you implying I don't read stickies??? :p
LOL!

No, I was refering to the fact that you (and the other moderators) seem to end up again and again to reply to the same questions, even though the the answer would be in the stickied thread above. Thus only one conclusion can be made: Sticky threads are not read :)

well yes, but then again its nice to be able to tell people that if you just looked around a bit the answer was right under your nose.

<ex computer tech geek mode> One should, in general, defrag at least once a week (regardless of what the 'analyzer' tells you....do you trust MicroSoft on anything else? ;) ) I do it at night, start it when I go to bed and close it when I get up. </ex computer tech geek mode>

i defrag about once a month and I do recognize an improvement when I do, heck I was for 2 weeks running the most stable CK host in King's Emperors and Statesmen.

Aside from defrag what would you suggest to improve stability?

Searry said:
GF that likes to play paradox games. :eek: GIMME!

In my opinion that makes this whole thread kinda shifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.