• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(20048)

The Crazy Modder
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" Mod - Ver. 1.02

George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" Mod - Ver. 1.02

By Corvuz Crovax
Email: Mortand@hotmail.com
MOD Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3107981#post3107981

This is a mod based on George RR Martin's book series "A song of Ice and Fire". Creating the mod I have relied primarily on the books and using www.westeros.org which is the ultimate site for "A song of Ice and Fire" related material. Lastly everything related to "A song of Ice and Fire" is of course copyrighted by George RR Martin himself. I hope you will have as much fun playing the mod as i have had creating it.

INSTALLATION:
1. Make sure you have patch 1.04a with or without the latest beta patch installed
2. Make a copy of your CK directory
3. Download and unrar the all the files into the directory of the CK copy
4. Make sure that the files have been put in the right folder (you can always compare to your normal CK installation)
5. Play

What the mod as of now does include:

Two Scenarios: "A Game of Thrones" and "A Clash of Kings" (A Game of Thrones does not work at the moment)

100+ Provinces based on original CK provinces

600+ new characters

200+ new dynasties

A somewhat simple map of Westeros

New simple CoA's

Correct province income

Correct province terrain

Correct province improvements

Correct province advances

Correct claims

Correct wars in "A Clash of Kings"

About 300 new events

New Traits: Knight, Prisoner and Septon

Maesters have replaced Chaplains and there are over 40 events relating just to maesters

revised original CK events

5 Unique Religions (The Seven, The Old Gods, The Drowned God, R'hollor, The Others)

8 Unique Cultures (Andal, Dornish, Crannog, Ironborn, Northern, Wildling, Mountain Clan, The Others)

New titles with correct province requirements

There are probably lot's of things still missing. If you want to have anything changed or added just post on the forum thread

PROBLEMS:
Solving religion problem (Ironborn and R'hollor not being able to give out titles)
Implementing creatures like daenerys' dragons, the starks' wolves and the giants and the others
Implementing Magic
The Game has a tendency to CTD, this is probably due to bugs that I haven't found yet. So if you observe that the game crashes everytime you do a certain thing please let me know so that I can correct it.
I think that some of the CTD's are caused by entering certain of the sea provinces but I have yet to figure ou which ones. Also some crashes might be due to events or the fact that there isn't any province spread file.
My advice is to use yearly autosave and saving manually often. The CTD'ing is worst the first few years so once you get past these the game gets more stable.
Sometimes it doesn't CTD at all (I have run handsoff games that lastet 40+ years without any CTD's)

Improvement:
To make the game better it is vital that you people try it and report bugs, mistakes and balancing problems to that I can fix these
If you have any ideas for things that you would like to see in the game please post them in the thread. This can be literally anything: new characters, traits, provinces, advances, events etc or modifications of existent ones. Don't worry about coding I can do that if you don't know how to do it. ,

My Thanks:
First of all to Renown, he has given me great ideas many of which will be implemented in future versions and he was also the one who got permission from amok to use his pictures for the mod.
Secondly to Amok who has allowed the use of his art for the mod. All the new pictures are his and is of course copyrighted. Most of the event pictures are cropped and resized and doesn't look as good as his original art. For more of his art visit his website: http://amoka.net/eng/gal
The map has been made using "Terrain Map Tool" by Rune Berge - great tool!
The mod includes numerous of corrections and ideas reported by people in the forum thread - Keep them coming ;-D

HAVE FUN
Corvuz Crovax

--------------------------------------
Version History

Changes in 1.02:
The game is now more stable. It still crashes especially during the first years or during wars. I think it might be a problem with either the wars or my new events. You can always try to disable these the first few years and switch them back on later. Or you could try to switch of each event group in the events.txt and see which ones that create problems. But it should be more playable than before. Just remember to save often and to use yearly autosave.
Fixed a lot of bugs of many kinds
Redid events that didn't function they should
Added Amok's graphics
Scripted a couple of new events

Changes in 1.01:
Added a large number of characters to flesh out the main houses
Renamed some of the court positions
Added 3 new traits: Knight, Septons and Prisoner
Added a large number of new events (nearly 100 new ones!) most related to the new traits
Fixed an age bug for an old Lannister
Fixed the CoA for Storm's End

Changes in 1.0:
Huge amount of characters added
Scripted a huge amount of events
Redid the map to show terrain and borders
Added 9 new provinces
Redid the dynasties and titles
Added a new scenario
And lots of other things too numerous to mention

Changes in 0.83:
More characters
VIP characters have portraits
Fixed Vale rulership and claims
almost fixed province advances
Fixed kingdom and duchy colors

Attachments

• gfx2.rar
    2,4 MB · Views: 2.277
  • gfx3.rar
    2,2 MB · Views: 2.029
  • gfx.rar
    183,8 KB · Views: 2.026
  • load_1024.bmp
    2,3 MB · Views: 2.714
  • ASoIaF Ver. 1.02.rar
    491,4 KB · Views: 2.416
Last edited:
Reactions:
K,

I'm in. I LOVE the series of books.

I currently play Rome: Total War, and was thinking of maybe starting a group to modify that game (which would be pleasing for the battles..)

but on the same side, Rome doesn't compare to the campaigns and possibilities that CK offers.

If you need any help (perhaps text modding) I'm in.

I unfortunately don't know so much, but I would most willingly learn and help you.

Contact me if you wish either through this, or through my AIM/ R3nown.

Thanks!

I love the idea and I cannot wait to try this out! :cool:

I just started reading the books. I finished the first one in two and a half days. Holy shit!

I'm definitely going to play this.

NEW VERSION UP AND READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

I am sorry that I haven't fixed this earlier! I had some problems uploading the
large files and gave up for a while. In the mean time I discovered that the game crashed a lot around 1071 and I have tried to fix the bug but due too a busy schedule IRL I didn't get the time to find the cause of this CTD. I have mentioned some ideas in the readme file and hopefully I can fix it in version 1.03. If you discover what causes the problem please tell me so that I can fix it immediately and upload a better version.

ENJOY!

Look I made a copy of CK 1.04 ,then I installed to CK 1.04 ,but when I start there're no scenarios from Two thrones
Could some points of install be more clear...
[edit]...

All right ,I think i got it
extracting gfx(all three) by rar - no prob
and droping Asolaif ver 1.02 on CK folder in thus order-giving yes to overwrite.
I was reading last of those books from serie in 2003 , then I turned to Warhammer - would I get this mod in 2004 - wow . But still it's cool
By !

Last edited:
Update 3-10-2007

Now I don't know if any of you out there still play or even remember this mod, but I have decided to dig it out of its grave now that DV is coming out. The main reason why I dropped it was that it had a bug that caused the game to crash within a year or so. Originally the bug proved impossible to find but a few days ago I decided to try and delete all of the events and then try the mod out again and it worked perfectly (had a 35 year game with no CTDs conquering all of westeros with the Freys) and that was even with the 1.05 patch. Once DV comes out I will release a version designed specificly for it with new events using the new scripting options including so we can get fresh events that are better and that do not cause CTD's. Looks like this mod will make it after all (especially now that I have dropped my 300BC mod for Victoria due to the new ROME game coming out and making it redundant)

ubik said:
Please, release a DV compatible version! :)
and posta a few screenshots too!

Ah, Great mod (definitely one of the best ASOIF-mods for any game out there :) ), great game! I really don't have time to play yet I cant stop. :eek:o ;) All that is missing is indeed a Deus Vult version. :D

Note: I did test it in Deus Vult, and it appeared to run fine for awhile, until I got an offer to buy a Maester's services (event) , I chose the option to buy him, then CK (DV) crashed.

Thank you (and everyone else involved) for your efforts!

I wish you the best of luck!