• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Mongol hordes have come and havok they have wreaked. We can only pray that Song China survives.

Just read this AAR and all I can say is WOW! great story, makes me wish to download the mod and give a shot at Song China. Probably i will after I have done with Ming China.

And in the meantime, keep the updates coming cause I really want to know how you are going the mongols.

Nail-biting stuff.

It's 1246 and the Mongols finally have an average military monarch - they are on land 4 but so am I. Without any leaders, their default morale is still Very Strong and mine is Strong. Both monarchs have identical military skill.....what's going on I wonder....

Assuming I can get forgiveness for my horrid lateness in attempting to update this AAR, I have noticed that not one of my save games will open, and I have 4 stretching from 1217-1220 at various points. Anyone know what might be wrong? Sorry for the delays, technical and otherwise and I promise to start again if I can get my saves to work!

I had the same problem with my Baltic Tribes...but version .3.3.b took care of it. If you are running an earlier version you may not be able to fix that problem. I don't know. I would suggest posting something in the MES Scenario thread and see what they say there.

I know I had to redo my game numerous times until I got to .3.3.b and then it seemed to be fine.

Zachary: Sometimes those files corrupt. As Amric says, it was worse before 3.3.

Mm...do you know if the Fourth Crusade fired? I remember at one point that was considered a possible cause.

I'd say go into the save game file, there's obviously some bit that got corrupted...but good luck finding it :(

zacharym87 said:
The Emperor was now busily occupied trying to gain peace with Jingiz Khan, who proved as difficult at he negotiating table as he was formidable in battle. Though the Emperor offered Liaoning and large sums of cash (which he considered a generous offer), Jingiz refused to bite.

Yep I had the same problem. In the early part of my war I was quite successful and tried to grab one province but they wouldn't go for it. Later when they started kicking my butt I made very generous offers and they still kept refusing. Any war with them is going to be a long war.

Hmm I'm using version 3.2 I think. I'm in the middle of an AAR and I hope my files don't corrupt. :eek: :mad:

Joe

I am sorry to see you at war with the Mongols, especially when they're led by Gengis Khan and his generals. Having played with the Kvarzim Shahs, I know they're painful (I loved seeing my 50,000 strong army getting massacrated in one battle) You should have let Korea die and waited awhile because, if I recall correctly, there is an event in which Sung China and the Mongols ally against the Jin, and you could have tried to preserve that alliance until better times. Good luck with the bad times ahead.

Laur