• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PraetorianGuard

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Nov 20, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
The History of the British East India Company 1836-1920 - An AAR

Yes..I Know..Im working on my Burma AAR...Dont worry about that..But I Feel like working on a Second AAR with VIP 0.3...With British India. I have been interested in playing them since I saw they were going to be in VIP 0.3. Nothing wrong with having a Second AAR, Is there? :p

Plus..Expect a Suprise when the Mutiny comes around...

Goals -
Eh...Take Control of India and Areas that the EIC Has (Malaya, Aden...etc)
Expand Even Farther...
Try to out do England itself in Military and Regional Power.

Basic Plans for British India...I'll start on this Later this week..Hope you Enjoy.

Last edited:
PraetorianGuard said:
Yes..I Know..Im working on my Burma AAR...Dont worry about that..But I Feel like working on a Second AAR with VIP 0.3...With British India. I have been interested in playing them since I saw they were going to be in VIP 0.3. Nothing wrong with having a Second AAR, Is there? :p

Goals -
Expand Even Father...
Become Try to out do England and the Queen herself in Military and Regional Power.

Basic Plans for British India...I'll start on this Later this week..Hope you Enjoy.

Ill be reading.

DANG IT! I was thinking of starting one of these! I'll be watching, though.

PraetorianGuard said:

Goals -
Expand Even Farther...
Try to out do England itself in Military and Regional Power.

I shall be watching this VERY closely. One warning, make sure to have a save in mid-1858 or so. There is a chance that when the post-1857 shakeout on the Mutiny occurs, an AI Britain will decide to annex you outright rather than allow you to carry on under crown rule as Vicky's viceroy.

Note to self : Get to work on post-1857 events :p

I will certainly be watching... I just finished Hopkirk's "The Great Game" so I'm in the mood for India / Central Asia stuff.

Rensslaer

Looks intresting. :)

Looks very interesting. You are a satellite of GB, correct? If so, how will you be able to conquer the world? ;)

anonymous4401 said:
Looks very interesting. You are a satellite of GB, correct? If so, how will you be able to conquer the world? ;)

India's a dominion, not a sattelite. That means they can conduct diplomatic deals with other nations. :D

Can't wait! Don't leave us on tenterhooks!

They aren't a satellite or a dominion. They had a full alliance, and probably AIs that tell them to be buddy buddy with each other (can have Britian fighting British India can we?) But PraetorianGuard has something better than artificial intelligence, so can do whatever he wants. Also, all the Indian minors that are usually Britain's satellites are instead BEI's satellites.

The British East India Company is probably one of the most famous and sucessfull colonial companies during the Era of Colonialization. The Company was founded around the same time The Dutch, Portugese and French begun making ports on the Indian coasts. Within 100 years, The British East India Company became the leading power in the region. It soon overpowerd the Other Nations and became the only Company left by the early 1800's.

This is the Story of the Glory Years of the British East India Company. The "Jewel in the Crown" of the British Empire.

The Promiment Members of the British East India Company

Geroge Eden
mw11560.jpg

George Eden was a political figure in England until being appointed General - Governer of India in 1835. George was dedicated to expanding Commerical Industry and Native Schools in India. However, This would be challenged by another task, Overthrow the Princely States of India.

After retiring from India, He was appointed the Lord of Admirality in Britian in 1846 and held office until his death in 1849.

Edward Law
mw02094.jpg

Edward Law suceeded George Eden as the Governer - General of India. He had a solid Political History back in Britian and took part in Wellington's government in Foreign Office.

Hendy Hardinge
mw02918.jpg

Henry Hardinge was the Third Sucessor of the General - Governer of India during this period. He also took part in Politics back in the United Kingdom and was a member of the British Army during the Napoleonic Wars.

The Political Situation in 1839
map.jpg

When 1839 came around, The British East India Company Dominated most of Bengal, Bombay and East India. They had Three Bengali Regiments, A Queen's Regiment, The Mahdrhas Army and The Bombay Army. The Remaining Indian Kingdoms were merely puppets of the British Empire and The British East India Company.

However, George Eden was determened to over throw these Kingdoms. He saw these as a Threat to the Growth of the Company and it's Industry. He prepared his army for Wars that would come in the following years.

(Next Update Tomorrow or Tuesday...Sorry this didn't include any of the game..But it will next time.)

I remain very interested in this AAR, and my hope is to see it continued soon.

Since I am invested, I will share with you a tidbit of information gleaned from another AAR...

Watch out for the Saxons! For more info, check out: German Minor Saxony AAR

They may try to take you over. Be wary! :rofl:

Rensslaer

I'd actually like to see an update as well. And a question - are the satellites yours, or or the British Empire proper?