+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The History of the British East India Company 1836-1914 - An AAR

Second Lieutenant PraetorianGuard's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

The History of the British East India Company 1836-1920 - An AAR

Yes..I Know..Im working on my Burma AAR...Dont worry about that..But I Feel like working on a Second AAR with VIP 0.3...With British India. I have been interested in playing them since I saw they were going to be in VIP 0.3. Nothing wrong with having a Second AAR, Is there?

Plus..Expect a Suprise when the Mutiny comes around...

Goals -
    Eh...Take Control of India and Areas that the EIC Has (Malaya, Aden...etc)
    Expand Even Farther...
    Try to out do England itself in Military and Regional Power.

Basic Plans for British India...I'll start on this Later this week..Hope you Enjoy.
    Last edited by PraetorianGuard; 26-07-2004 at 22:27.

The crazy little mushroom billy bob's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorianGuard
    Yes..I Know..Im working on my Burma AAR...Dont worry about that..But I Feel like working on a Second AAR with VIP 0.3...With British India. I have been interested in playing them since I saw they were going to be in VIP 0.3. Nothing wrong with having a Second AAR, Is there?

Goals -
    Expand Even Father...
    Become Try to out do England and the Queen herself in Military and Regional Power.

Basic Plans for British India...I'll start on this Later this week..Hope you Enjoy.
    Ill be reading.
    Golden Horde-Scourge from the East A Duke of Wellington Production
    My special Red Cookie. P-dox fantasy football champion!
    Brandenburg-Prussia in the 1650 RPG

#1 Die Hard Fan of-Green Bay Packers, Louisville Cardinals, etc.
    "Everyone has the potential, Not everyone has the will" Billy Bob
    "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."-Stalin
    "Men who use libraries instead of building their own are like men who prefer whores to wives."-Llywelyn

DANG IT! I was thinking of starting one of these! I'll be watching, though.

Victoria's Plastic Surgeon OHgamer's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV

In Columbus OH, but dreaming of the White Isle.....
    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorianGuard

Goals -
    Expand Even Farther...
    Try to out do England itself in Military and Regional Power.

I shall be watching this VERY closely. One warning, make sure to have a save in mid-1858 or so. There is a chance that when the post-1857 shakeout on the Mutiny occurs, an AI Britain will decide to annex you outright rather than allow you to carry on under crown rule as Vicky's viceroy.

Note to self : Get to work on post-1857 events
    2014 will hopefully allow me to be more active with Paradox games than the last few years

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I will certainly be watching... I just finished Hopkirk's "The Great Game" so I'm in the mood for India / Central Asia stuff.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

*subscribes*

be sure to post screenies

Looks intresting.
    'Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, Or close the wall up with our English dead! In peace there's nothing so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.' -William Shakespeare, King Henry V.'

'To be quintessential, you must first be quite essential'.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe. -St. Augustine

After Action Reports:
    Consolidating Your Gains - A Royal Spanish After Action Report

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Looks very interesting. You are a satellite of GB, correct? If so, how will you be able to conquer the world?
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    Looks very interesting. You are a satellite of GB, correct? If so, how will you be able to conquer the world?
    India's a dominion, not a sattelite. That means they can conduct diplomatic deals with other nations.

Fat Cat Public Servant Sir Humphrey's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k club

Can't wait! Don't leave us on tenterhooks!
    Showcase of the Week March 30, 2004 - The Australian Lion.
    Writer of the Week March 6, 2005 - Under the Crimson Skies.
    Writer of the Week May 29, 2005 - The Sacred Grove of Britannia.
    Showcase of the Week January 17, 2006 - Under the Crimson Skies.

Cities in Motion 2Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club

They aren't a satellite or a dominion. They had a full alliance, and probably AIs that tell them to be buddy buddy with each other (can have Britian fighting British India can we?) But PraetorianGuard has something better than artificial intelligence, so can do whatever he wants. Also, all the Indian minors that are usually Britain's satellites are instead BEI's satellites.

Second Lieutenant PraetorianGuard's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

The British East India Company is probably one of the most famous and sucessfull colonial companies during the Era of Colonialization. The Company was founded around the same time The Dutch, Portugese and French begun making ports on the Indian coasts. Within 100 years, The British East India Company became the leading power in the region. It soon overpowerd the Other Nations and became the only Company left by the early 1800's.

This is the Story of the Glory Years of the British East India Company. The "Jewel in the Crown" of the British Empire.

The Promiment Members of the British East India Company

Geroge Eden

George Eden was a political figure in England until being appointed General - Governer of India in 1835. George was dedicated to expanding Commerical Industry and Native Schools in India. However, This would be challenged by another task, Overthrow the Princely States of India.

After retiring from India, He was appointed the Lord of Admirality in Britian in 1846 and held office until his death in 1849.

Edward Law

Edward Law suceeded George Eden as the Governer - General of India. He had a solid Political History back in Britian and took part in Wellington's government in Foreign Office.

Hendy Hardinge

Henry Hardinge was the Third Sucessor of the General - Governer of India during this period. He also took part in Politics back in the United Kingdom and was a member of the British Army during the Napoleonic Wars.

The Political Situation in 1839

When 1839 came around, The British East India Company Dominated most of Bengal, Bombay and East India. They had Three Bengali Regiments, A Queen's Regiment, The Mahdrhas Army and The Bombay Army. The Remaining Indian Kingdoms were merely puppets of the British Empire and The British East India Company.

However, George Eden was determened to over throw these Kingdoms. He saw these as a Threat to the Growth of the Company and it's Industry. He prepared his army for Wars that would come in the following years.

(Next Update Tomorrow or Tuesday...Sorry this didn't include any of the game..But it will next time.)

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    A fine start old chap! I look forward to seeing how this AAR turns out!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I remain very interested in this AAR, and my hope is to see it continued soon.

Since I am invested, I will share with you a tidbit of information gleaned from another AAR...

Watch out for the Saxons! For more info, check out: German Minor Saxony AAR

They may try to take you over. Be wary!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

What about an update ?

The last leftist

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm VI
    What about an update ?
    Good god, Wilhelm. Give the poor man a rest. Writing AARs are quite hard.
    The Tonight Board – Ask me about it!

Hi Jack... bye Jack!

This mark entitles the bearer to have beer bought by Lurken. Owner of a Mr G. cookie.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I'd actually like to see an update as well. And a question - are the satellites yours, or or the British Empire proper?
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

+ Reply to Thread