• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had indicated earlier that I would try to post a stats-in-1901 update...

To coincide, I suppose, with the celebration of Prussia's 200th Anniversary, which is in an update soon to come! :D

This way you can compare.

National Rankings:
1 - Prussia
2 - United Kingdom
3 - USA
4 - Portugal (!)
5 - Mexico (!!)
6 - Russia
7 - Spain
8 - South German Federation (i.e. Munich)

:confused: :eek:o :mad: :( <--- at Rocketman :)

Next comes France, Ottoman, Canada, Sardinia (my satellite!), Sweden, Japan, Brazil, Belgium, Netherlands, Transvaal (!!!), and Romania (my satellite!)

Prestige is Prussia (3951), Portugal (2726) :eek: , UK (2651), Mexico (1949), Spain (1158), SGF (742)

The other stats are less surprising or interesting!

So, for what it's worth... :)

Renss

Hurray for the Boeren!

Though the Netherlands really should be able to beat Portugal, it's not as if Portugal has anything to go for it.. ;)

Gaah! How can the SGF still be a Great Power? Their very presence in the top eight is an insult to Prussia and everything Prussian! :mad: You must destroy them, Rensslaer, and quickly.

While I am glad to see the Great Power Freistadt München, it's rather humbling to note the SGF/Munich of your game is at the same rank as the SGF/South Germany, Austria, Bohemia, chunks of Croatia and Hungary of my AAR. :eek:o

Renss, I'm BAAACCKKK!!!

And I have to say, I love what you've done with the story while I was away! Outstanding work, my friend, outstanding!

Sorry to read 'bout your work schedule, and your car, and most importantly about your story. That's gotta bite and hurt! Cops get any leads on the scum suckers that swiped your ride?

Now, what's next for Prussia? I mean, we know that Russia is going to be getting slammed with revolutions in the next couple of years, but how did the world react to Prussia's spanking of Russia? Did Prussia become hated even more, or did people begin to take the line of thinking that it would better to have Prussia as a friend rather than an enemy?

That's a horrible thing to hear, Renss. I am so sorry about the car. I hope the little bastards are caught and made to pay, but I doubt much will be left of the car. But maybe the stuff inside can be recovered...maybe. If anything, at least you are OK, even if working on very little sleep.

Now, for Russia - one would hope that knocking them off for the second time might persuade them not to try again, but if I know Vickie (and Russia), they will be back. The good news is, you know you can take them.

I truly wonder what is left for Prussia to acheieve at this late date as they seem well entrenched at number one. Only the SGF remains a blight on the country. Take them down, and the game is theirs.

I'm very sorry to hear about your car and I hope you get some good news on that. As to the atlas, and your notes, we can only hope that joyriders took the car, abandoned it somewhere and didn't destroy the contents.

As long as your enemies come at you one at a time you have nothing, it would seem, to fear.

That was a sly way to slide the Russian Revolution in, by the way. The first revolt of that period came after defeat by Japan and the big one after defeat by Germany, so it isn't surprising that defeat and humiliation at the hands of Prussia would bring the Romanov's down.

Hey, as long as the new government keeps the peace and pays the reparations, what do you care who runs Russia, right? ;)

Director said:
I'm very sorry to hear about your car and I hope you get some good news on that. As to the atlas, and your notes, we can only hope that joyriders took the car, abandoned it somewhere and didn't destroy the contents.
Coincident with your saying this, I have recieved word that the police have recovered my car from a location several miles from where I left it. I am hopeful that everything is exactly as you say!

Director said:
As long as your enemies come at you one at a time you have nothing, it would seem, to fear.
Yes... No ruffians and thieves will take me down unless I am outnumbered 3:1!!!

Oh! You mean in the game? ;)

Thanks!

I'll try to post an update when I get home. -IF- I get home! :rolleyes:

Rensslaer

Rensslaer said:
Coincident with your saying this, I have recieved word that the police have recovered my car from a location several miles from where I left it. I am hopeful that everything is exactly as you say!..
my friend, i pray that you find at least the atlas and your writings!

Hopefully it was stolen by an uneducated joyrider who doesn't have the slightest interest in history.

(About the atlas, did it only include Europe or did it also show other continents? How did for example China and Japan look like, and Africa?)

Rensslaer said:
Coincident with your saying this, I have recieved word that the police have recovered my car from a location several miles from where I left it. I am hopeful that everything is exactly as you say!
Good news. Here's to hoping it's all in one piece.

Princeton, New Jersey, January 1901

Professor Woodrow Wilson was a tall, thin man with a clipped, northeastern manner of speech. He carried himself with the utmost dignity. His short-combed hair and professorial glasses completed the figure of one of the most admired men in Princeton. And in America at large, many said.

"Now, Germany had a long-standing treaty of alliance with Spain at this time. The US risked war with three major European powers when she declared war. But Germany opted not to abide by the treaty, choosing prudence over loyalty." A pall of condemnation fell over the room, as everyone was perfectly well aware that German Crown Prince Waldemar sat among them. It lingered for a moment, but it was not over.

"In fact, Germany was so two-faced that she offered a treaty of alliance with the United States just a few months after this!" Wilson fixed his eyes predatorially on Waldemar. "Were you aware of that, young man? Does your father discuss foreign policy with you?"

Momentary dread chilled Waldemar at the accusations directed at him. But he forced it aside. "He does, Professor. I’ve been attending cabinet meetings since I was a boy."

"So long?" Wilson mocked.

Wally’s eyes were challenging, now. "And yes, I was aware of the offer of alliance. Relations between Prussia and the United States were very good at the time."

"Before Panama, you mean? That very costly military adventure?" His emphasis on the word "very" dug at Wally's heart.

"Yes. Before Panama. And we had no wish to associate ourselves with the sinking of the Maine. That was Spain’s doing, not ours. That, Sir, is the reason why we did not abide by the Spanish treaty." At least, that was the reason Wally most preferred to discuss at the moment.

"Interesting," Wilson said with a little bite, "that you still refer to Germany as Prussia. The old military dictatorship. But anyway," he redirected, "we’re getting quite far afield here." Wally was not going to be allowed to respond to that last volley.

"The first American military offensives," Wilson continued, "were naturally against Spanish holdings in Texas and California. Those invasions proceeded quickly, as the Spanish defenses and Spanish soldiers were not well trained or equipped."

ss499.jpg

He looked over his shoulder at the map – a colorful pull-down of the Americas clipped to the chalkboard. "And a naval blockade of Cuba was begun, headed up by a squadron of modern US cruisers, including the Brooklyn, Rochester, Charlotte and Atlanta."

"Shortly thereafter, American soldiers landed in Cuba, led at the Battle of San Juan Hill by Colonel Theodore Roosevelt – the man who is currently Governor of New York, and who may well be our country’s next Vice President."

ss510.jpg

ss513.jpg

He droned on and on. Wally, his temper slowly giving way to genuine interest in the history being taught – his favorite subject, no matter the teacher – took sporadic notes. The rest he simply absorbed, adding to the fabric of these years that already existed in his mind.

ss580.jpg

"By the middle of 1900," Wilson explained, "the United States controlled all of Cuba and Puerto Rico, and had also landed troops in the Spanish Philippines. Then in August came the most ambitious American move – the storming of the beaches at San Lucar, between Seville and Cadiz.”

ss606.jpg

“As you all know, peace was concluded just last month, and the United States has made a good number of territorial acquisitions."

ss653.jpg

Afterward, outside the classroom building, Wally stopped to chat with some friends as other classmates engaged in a playful snowball fight on the Commons. He was fresh back from the Russian War, which caused him to miss the fall term at Princeton. But he had hurried back once his duties were concluded. Now they were curious about his first experiences in combat. The conversation produced a cloud of frozen breath, which hovered around them.

Wally felt a hand gently touch his shoulder, from behind.

Looking around, Wally found a most beautiful creature attached to it. He smiled, a little sheepishly. "My lady," he greeted his attractive classmate. She wore a long, stylish wool coat, and a cute stocking cap. He knew her – had seen her in class and around – had even remarked upon her more than once in the couple of weeks since he had arrived back in the USA. But had never actually met her.

Elizabeth’s sympathetic smile grew warm at his inviting words. "Oh, that’s sweet, Wally." But she changed back – she did want to offer sympathy. "I just wanted to say I thought Professor Wilson was just dreadful, the way he taunted you. Why would he do that?"

Waldemar shrugged. "I’ve spoken to him before. He seems to have a serious problem with Germans. Something disapproving in the way he treats me."

"Hmm," she nodded. "Well, I hope he doesn’t hold his grudge too tightly, into the future. You have grades to expect from the man!" She smiled brightly. "I’ll see you tomorrow, Wally. Have a good night!" She batted her eyelashes as she turned, but her eyes remained fixed on him as she walked. She twiddled her gloved fingers in a friendly goodbye, then faced forward and walked off with a cute little sway, chatting with her girlfriend.

Elizabeth slowly disappeared into the distance across campus, glancing back at him from time to time. Wally remained transfixed. And speechless. His friend, Jim, had to punch him in the shoulder to bring him around. He glanced back. Wally would have a good night, indeed… If he could dream of her!

Last edited:
FlorisDeVijfde said:
Hopefully it was stolen by an uneducated joyrider who doesn't have the slightest interest in history.

(About the atlas, did it only include Europe or did it also show other continents? How did for example China and Japan look like, and Africa?)
Well, all the belongings were in good shape, and the car in relatively good shape, too! I think I was very fortunate that it was a joyrider, and (as Floris suggests!) not very interested in dry history books! :D

Yes, the atlas is a full world atlas, showing the Japanese and American mandates in the Pacific, the colonial division of Africa, and various other interesting historical tidbits. China showed Manchukuo, and I don't recall if it mentioned the war with Japan, unresolved as it was.

Oh, and reference the Wilson update above...

I am probably being rather unfair to Wilson, though I do not know for sure. I also do not very much care! :D I have never been a fan of Woodrow Wilson for any reason, and have become less so over the years for many reasons. I also presume he did have an antipathy toward Germans, as he seemed to acquire one rather easily during the war. And I also found it was useful as a plot device, both in the immediate and in the ultimate sense!

Thanks everybody! Feedback coming later when I get a chance.

Rensslaer

Interesting. Verreh interestink. :)

Can you not do something about those Mexican provinces in California? They look ridiculous. :wacko:

I agree, that ugly green admist all that blue... Maybe Prussia should take them and then gift them to the US to improve relations. ;)

So, what is Elizabeth the lady of? It can't be Elizabeth II of Britain, right? :wacko:

Or is it just some random upper-class american girl who is gonna be Wally's girlfriend? :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I must commend Wally's ability to hold his temper when being baited by Wilson (that smug S.O.B. who needs his snobby elitest ass kicked several times!! :mad: ), 'cause the Good Lord knows I'd a stood up and tore him a new rectum!

I sense destiny is stepping in at this point, and Wally's time in New Jersey will have a great impact on the future Kaiser!

Great news 'bout the car! Glad to read that it didn't make it to a chop shop and even more glad that all the belongings made it through!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Can't be Liz II, as she isn't born within Vicky timeframe - though the mind boggles at the thought of Liz attending an American university!

Is this showing a future conflict of leaders. Where Woodrow once chastised Wally in the classroom will Wally chatise Woodrow in the field - so to speak.