• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
btw, I presume there is no UN in this timeline?

EDIT- :mad:

The political situation in the Middle East in this alternate timeline of the events of the Second World War and assorted events occuring therafter is by far significantly poorer in comparison to those of the Middle East in the reality that we currently reside in. It would seem that due to the conflicting ideologies, economic and political goals, and delusions of power and dominance in this vitally oil-abundant region of the planet, the Middle East will remain in a state of chaotic disarray and confusion for the near distant future of this alternative timeline in which oil industrialists used their immense influene to shape the path of American foreign and domestic policies.

That better? :p

Last edited:
Ach, that was bad, very bad TC! That deserves a raspberry at the very least, if not something more drastic for such a pun! :p

Draco Rexus said:
Ach, that was bad, very bad TC! That deserves a raspberry at the very least, if not something more drastic for such a pun! :p

I don't think it even deserves to be called a pun, on the basis that 'mess o' potamia' doesn't actually mean anything at all, and has never been used by any one in any context to describe any mess of any kind.
wtfisgoingonhere.gif

EDIT: It has been used by leftist polemicists to describe the contemporary situation in Iraq. That is easily the equivalent of no one using the pun in any context to describe any mess of any kind for any good reason.
ja.gif

Ah, the joys of this wonderful AAR, even when the writAAR, isn't posting, the readers always step to the plate and provide their own humorous contributions. Ya just gotta love it! :D

This AAR is going to have it's one year anniversary in a couple of weeks... Great to see that it is still going strong. Doesn't ANYTHING turn out well in your timeline ;)

See it's all part of Mett's evil plan. Every couple of months he comes back on, post an update, gets us hungry and then makes us wait weeks for the next update. Insideous.. and as always great.

I wonder how fucked China will be.

I have to imagine the Chinese situation will be the most unsettled of all. Being that the Rockefeller administation cut the war short so to speak, there is still considerable Soviet influence from the north, and of course Japan is no great ally of the US, so I see a sphere of influence deal leaving the US without much bargaining power in the final settlement.

The situation should help to foster a nicely unsettled situation that will fester and grow, and begin the next world war. Now Mett has something else to write about.

:D

Maybe a Partitioned China?

That would be an interesting twist, eh?

Is Mao dead yet? I thought the Japs shot him?

Vincent Julien said:
Is Mao dead yet? I thought the Japs shot him?

Doesn't matter- if the Japs didn't the Russians did. There's no way that their Chinese puppet would be led by anyone except a Moscow trained Stalinist.

Got that right!

Btw, I want to hear about the US post-war. Telling us what happens in the Middle East, Europe, and East Asia up to about 1970, and then not telling us what goes on in the US is patently unfare. :p

Patience, VJ, patience. Mett'll get back to us.... eventually. ;)