• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
rafiki said:
:rofl:

It's stuff like this that makes be think we should have an "Event of the Month"-competition (à la POTM) :D

Too bad Darwin hasn't come around by the time this event can fire, otherwise you could attribute the first Darwin Award to Booth as part of this event? ;)

:D Rafiki

That would be better than the time a guy tried to hold up a gun store during a gun convention with an off-duty cop on the premises. :D

Can this be put in VIP for humour value? ;) :p

Now, see, you fellows have got me to thinking that we should throw in 'Easter Eggs' occasionally in VIP, the 1% chance that something completely unexpected will occur.

Darkrenown said:
I should just look in your files, but you know how huge they are now :)
Code:
#########################################################################
#  President Johnson Impeached
#########################################################################
event = {
	id = 14183
	random = no
	country = USA

# Triggered by 14182

name = "EVT_14183_NAME"
	desc = "EVT_14183_DESC"
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME14183A" # Impeach, but do not remove
		command = { } # TODO
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME14183B" # Impeach and remove
		command = { } # TODO
	}
}

I think we sort of came to the consensus that it should be deleted. IIRC, the actual event was predicated on a bunch of issues--Reconstruction, Johnson's Tennesee background, Lincoln's demise, etc.--all of which are much more random now in VIP (for example, the Democrats could be the ruling party in 1864 but still fighting the ACW).

Aragos said:
Now, see, you fellows have got me to thinking that we should throw in 'Easter Eggs' occasionally in VIP, the 1% chance that something completely unexpected will occur.

I was thinking the same thing. You don't want to unbalance things by doing this too often, but a few occasional ones like this hilarious gem would be a lot of fun and would give the player a nice surprise. :)

Aragos said:
I think we sort of came to the consensus that it should be deleted. IIRC, the actual event was predicated on a bunch of issues--Reconstruction, Johnson's Tennesee background, Lincoln's demise, etc.--all of which are much more random now in VIP (for example, the Democrats could be the ruling party in 1864 but still fighting the ACW).

Are there any plans in the works for a dynamic Reconstruction or are you still wrapping up the ACW, Aragos? I was thinking a Presidential impeachment might be an interesting piece of the overall Reconstruction picture. Hmm, the more I think of this, the more it's an intriguing idea. I might think about this more over on the VIP NA thread. :)

Mettermrck said:
I was thinking the same thing. You don't want to unbalance things by doing this too often, but a few occasional ones like this hilarious gem would be a lot of fun and would give the player a nice surprise. :)
Looking at your quote, I think that the "Sheriff Bart Comes to Johnsonville" should be an event if the USA owns Nevada by 1880.

Mettermrck said:
Are there any plans in the works for a dynamic Reconstruction or are you still wrapping up the ACW, Aragos? I was thinking a Presidential impeachment might be an interesting piece of the overall Reconstruction picture.

Get the hence Satan!!

LOL

I've thought of that, but I think I'll base a lot of the Recon issues on a couple of things, if I can.

First, what the main and secondary issues are at the time; second, USA war exhaustion; third, how long the war lasted. Just off the top of my head though, I'll need to think about it more after the next VIP comes out.

On the good side, I go on vacation next week (for two weeks; Uncle Sam occasionally lets me out of the Pentagon!), so I can spend some time working on the events.

Hi, i have worked this mod... when i start a game appears an error that there's is a missing file... is about a heavy cruiser... what it should be?