+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ACW mod

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

ACW mod

This was brought up recently by Sadseh, but his thread is now in the bug forum, since I want people to see this I'll post this here:
    http://victoria.nsen.ch/wiki/images/b/b4/ACW_mod.rar
    Changes:
    "Slavery Hotly Debated In xxx" edited so that they cannot appear after the Civil War.
    Bleeding Kansas will not happen after the ACW
    Lincoln Asassinated can happen even if he was not elected
    Reconstruction fires asuming the ACW event was fired and the USA and CSA are not currently at war.
    Relentless madman.

What should happen to the Reconstruction-event if the US backs down in the ACW-ecent (action_b)? Perhaps action_b should sleep Reconstruction? If not, Reconstruction will fire within 30 days from the ACW event.

Rafiki

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Good idea...Changed
    Relentless madman.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown
    Good idea...Changed
    I also fixed these in the next release of VIP.
    Firm Believer in the Persuasive Power of Collective Violence

Winner of TWO vaunted and extremely rare "curtis Snagglepuss Award for making a classy exit from a thread"

Yeah, but some people don't use VIP or don't want to wait
    Last edited by Darkrenown; 22-06-2004 at 20:02.
    Relentless madman.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Yeah, but some people don't use VIP for don't want to wait
    Well, they are just wrong arent they

Hopefully the next vanilla patch will fix the ACW event tree. I still think it is odd when you can have the ACW in 1854, but no chance of ending slavery unless you have a 10 year war and the President is assassinated.

Winner of TWO vaunted and extremely rare "curtis Snagglepuss Award for making a classy exit from a thread"

And him being assassinated counts on the republicans being in power and only has a 10% chance to fire on one day
    Relentless madman.

And him being assassinated counts on the republicans being in power and only has a 10% chance to fire on one day
    Yeah, I know what the events say--but it seems that everytime I play the USA, poor Uncle Abe is dodging bullets from 67 assassins firing from 247 directions, including the Cabal Illuminati, the UFO/Elvis mafia and the entire Von Trapp family, including the dog.

Abe always buys it. I'm tempted to write an event that will happen 1% of the time-- "Lincoln shoots Booth during Assassination Attempt"--just to give the poor guy a chance

I'd probably die laughing if I saw that happen
    Relentless madman.

I'd probably die laughing if I saw that happen
    And at your request, the new event:

event = {
    id = 304997
    random = no
    country = USA
    picture = lincoln_gun

name = "Lincoln Kills Booth"
    desc = "John Wilkes Booth, noted actor, has went down in history as the first assassin to be killed by a standing president. During the botched assassination attempt, Booth dropped his pistol, which was recovered by the backwoods President, and used against the would-be assassin. From this event came the slang term 'Boothed', which came to mean any idiotic, foolhardy plan that failed spectaularly."

style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1864 }
    offset = 300
    deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1866 }

action_a = {
    name = "He sure as hell Boothed that one."
    command = { type = pop_consciousness which = dixie value = -5 }
    }
    }

Czar of Texas
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Aragos
    And at your request, the new event:

event = {
    id = 304997
    random = no
    country = USA
    picture = lincoln_gun

desc = "John Wilkes Booth, noted actor, has went down in history as the first assassin to be killed by a standing president. During the botched assassination attempt, Booth dropped his pistol, which was recovered by the backwoods President, and used against the would-be assassin. From this event came the slang term 'Boothed', which came to mean any idiotic, foolhardy plan that failed spectaularly."

style = 0

offset = 300

action_a = {
    }
    }
    Best. Event. Ever.

(after Tsar of all the Slavs )
    The Pharaoh and the Prophet - An Egyptian Caliphal AAR - Winner of a award! - - See puny Egypt revive the Islamic Caliphate...and kick butt in the process.

Download the New Victoria Manual and Strategy Guide or contribute to its comments thread. The manual is also available in Spanish, Japanese, and Italian.
    Looking for a Victoria patch or a user-made mod? Click here for a directory.

Visit VickyWiki - your online source for Victoria guides, tables, and strategy tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnon
    Best. Event. Ever.
    (after Tsar of all the Slavs )
    I am humbled by your praise, Pasha Sahib.

Hehe, but you might want to add:
    trigger = {
    random = 1
    NOT = { event = 14181 }
    }

And have that event sleep 14181
    Relentless madman.

Hehe, but you might want to add:
    trigger = {
    random = 1
    NOT = { event = 14181 }
    }

And have that event sleep 14181
    You're killing me. You know that?

Czar of Texas
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

You're killing me. You know that?
    Speaking of killing you, Aragos, you should read Darkrenown's response to your post in our AAR thread. And you should both read mine.
    The Pharaoh and the Prophet - An Egyptian Caliphal AAR - Winner of a award! - - See puny Egypt revive the Islamic Caliphate...and kick butt in the process.

Download the New Victoria Manual and Strategy Guide or contribute to its comments thread. The manual is also available in Spanish, Japanese, and Italian.
    Looking for a Victoria patch or a user-made mod? Click here for a directory.

Visit VickyWiki - your online source for Victoria guides, tables, and strategy tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnon
    Speaking of killing you, Aragos, you should read Darkrenown's response to your post in our AAR thread. And you should both read mine.
    Already replied. I can't start this weekend-prior commitment on Saturday and Sunday. But I start 2 week's vacation the next Monday so I have nothing better to do

Back to the ACW on a more serious note, have you given any effects to 14183?
    Relentless madman.

Back to the ACW on a more serious note, have you given any effects to 14183?
    Which event is 14183? I've been knee deep in VIP events lately, I've forgotten what most of the older events are.
    Plus, I'm at work and don't have the usa.txt file here (yeah, I know, I should know better

I should just look in your files, but you know how huge they are now
    Code:
    #########################################################################
    #  President Johnson Impeached
    #########################################################################
    event = {
    	id = 14183
    	random = no
    	country = USA

# Triggered by 14182

name = "EVT_14183_NAME"
    	desc = "EVT_14183_DESC"
    	style = 0

action_a = {
    		name = "ACTIONNAME14183A" # Impeach, but do not remove
    		command = { } # TODO
    	}
    	action_b = {
    		name = "ACTIONNAME14183B" # Impeach and remove
    		command = { } # TODO
    	}
    }
    Relentless madman.

event = {
    id = 304997
    random = no
    country = USA
    picture = lincoln_gun

style = 0

offset = 300

action_a = {
    }
    }

It's stuff like this that makes be think we should have an "Event of the Month"-competition ( la POTM)

Too bad Darwin hasn't come around by the time this event can fire, otherwise you could attribute the first Darwin Award to Booth as part of this event?

Rafiki

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast