• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC to make this AAR easier to read here are the domains of the Houses.

House Pedragon controls English lands and their allies.

House Grey Wolf consists of Sweden, Denmark and Norway.

House Rodensa controls nothing but has a massive network throughout Europe.

House Malkov
controls most German minors.

House Dravidian controls the French lands minus those allied with England.

House Draconis controls the Austrian Strip and Bohemia

House Tolomato controls Castile and Portugal

House Valdemar is based in Hungary but also control Poland and Lithuania

House Umbra is in Aragorn

House Scorpius is based in the Middle East

House Serpentis controls Africa

House Constantine controls the Italian minors but Not the Papal States

House Fantasia has no control but are scattered throughout Eastern Europe

Valdemar Himself is older than the European countries. As The Founders of the houses are rather ancient beings.

Going great. But why must you always leave us wanting more? So cruel.
BTW: Anyway you could reference who's house is which in story for the idiots amoung us? I will only ever remember Scorpio :D

Valdemar: What? No fancy coloured mod text? You are a man of the people! :)

Last edited:
Kyujuni said:
Going great. But why must you always leave us wanting more? So cruel.
BTW: Anyway you could reference who's house is which in story for the idiots amoung us? I will only ever remember Scorpio :D

Valdemar: What? No fancy coloured mod text? You are a man of the people! :)

why would I need mod colours? have you done anything wrong.. like spamming? ;)

Who controls Austria proper? the same that controls the "austria strip"?

Also why is Aragon on the bad side?

And finally, you do know what the name Valdemar stems from, why I chose that nick? ;)

So I'm ancient eh? but with no House anymore, and am I more ancient than the others, or merely one among peers?

V

Valdemar said:
And finally, you do know what the name Valdemar stems from, why I chose that nick? ;)

V

I was watching TV the other day and there was a 1930s film with Ingrid Bergman. In the scene the protagonist whose name was Valdemar was proposing marriage to her . I assumed it was a common name in Sweden?

Thanks for the list of families and who controls what in the game Grevenwhite.

Joe

Last edited:
Valdemar said:
Try again Storey, no Swede would use it if they knew history, but as an antagonist they might, you got CK?

Try read a bit in the files there ;)

V

I haven't ordered CK yet but I plan to. The film was sub-titled in English because the dialogue was in Swedish (or so I assumed) and the name Valdemar was clearly there. However it was only one scene from the movie so maybe he wasn't the hero of the film? Anyway now you've got my interest. I'm going to have to do some searching about this. :)

Joe

Valdemar Atterdag (re-day in danish) invaded Gotland, slew about a thousand hastily assembled farmers in front of Visby city wall while the townsfolk watched and cheered, then pillaged(fire-taxed) Visby and sailed home with all the loot...

Valdemar said:
why would I need mod colours? have you done anything wrong.. like spamming? ;)
I have never spammed in my life.

Probably
Can't trust those Spanish type folk

So I'm ancient eh? but with no House anymore, and am I more ancient than the others, or merely one among peers?

V

One of 13 he said to me, when I asked if you got killed off :)

Yes. In ACGEEP Austria is made up of three countries I belive. They are all ruled by House Draconis.

Tolamato and House Umbra are rival houses that have very similar methods. Since Castille usually annexes Aragon in the GC It's modled to show the exile of that house to another as yet unamed location in Europe. ;)

V

One of 13 he said to me, when I asked if you got killed off

True, each house has/had a founder. But yes, you are the older and more powerfull than the other kindred in the story so far. The only one that might give you a run for your money would be Alcazar simply due to his magik.

Valdemar Atterdag (re-day in danish) invaded Gotland, slew about a thousand hastily assembled farmers in front of Visby city wall while the townsfolk watched and cheered, then pillaged(fire-taxed) Visby and sailed home with all the loot...

Wow Zuckergußgebäck glad to see you in here It warms my heart. :) Is it too late to claim I knew that info already and act like that was why I chose that name? ;)

BTW: Anyway you could reference who's house is which in story for the idiots amoung us? I will only ever remember Scorpio

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean show who belongs to which house in each post? If that's what you mean I'm not sure how to implement it. Colors would be the easiest but I don't know of 13 colors that will look readable against the background in here. Also it would only aply to kindred who have allready been identified. And its Scorpius BTW. ;)

Ok I gotta get up early tomorrow but other than a simple (I hope) project for another Forum Member I should have a few hours to write some more. I have to admit something, I haven't played a Paradox game since Saterday because of this AAR. :(

GrevenWhite said:
I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean show who belongs to which house in each post? If that's what you mean I'm not sure how to implement it. Colors would be the easiest but I don't know of 13 colors that will look readable against the background in here. Also it would only aply to kindred who have allready been identified. And its Scorpius BTW. ;)

No, I meant house for Country. But I can probably get along without it :)
We want an update!
Who is that strange person in the room with them? ;) That is what everyone (should) want(s) to know!

I though I clarified it earlier for Valdemar is that what your talking about?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Or do you mean which countries do the 7 Reps come from?

GrevenWhite said:
I though I clarified it earlier for Valdemar is that what your talking about?

Or do you mean which countries do the 7 Reps come from?

You did, but I'm a lazy idiot who will have to reference constantly. Never mind. I'll figure it out. :)

No go and pimp/write AAR's whatever :D

Zuss, close, but there is more to that name than merely one King ;)

As I said CK would be good place to start...

Oh and there is more to Valdemar IV Atterdag than the Gotland charge... he actually rebuild the mation from scratch, which is the challenge in on of hte CK scenarios :)

Kyuini, well not yet, and as I said the heed was aimed wider than just you :)

V

Good and intriguing story thus far, but can't wait for the next update POST. :)

Ok The Count is home, :D

Valdemar I'm sorry I didn't realize until this morning that I forgot to show/tell which house Ragnar is from. :( My bad, He's with House Grey Wolf.

Ok I'm working on the next piece now and with luck should have it up in a few hours. Maybe I'll get carried away and write enough for two. I actually like writing for Message boards as It makes it easy to chance the scene by simply writing the next part into a new post. Much better than the silly lines books use. ;)

Be back soon I will also post a Screen of Europe in 1419 so that the non-ACGEEP (I'm gonna make a Bid to simply call it ACE, Alternative Campaign Exchange :D ) readers can see europe and know why I said Austrian Strip.

GW

Liutpold was quiet during the walk from the council chambers to Valdemar’s private study. They took so many turns down different halls that he almost began thinking they were walking in circles. Finally they came to a dead end hallway with a simple door at the end of it.

Valdemar leaned against the door as if listening to hear if anyone was inside. Liutpold waited patiently for a moment before Valdemar finally opened the door and they stepped inside.

The study was a bit sparse having only a desk and a few chairs scattered about the room in a haphazard manner. The walls were painted a deep violet color and had nothing remarkable on them. Valdemar took his seat behind the desk and leaned back in his chair.

After making sure that there were no wrinkles in his fine clothes Liutpold sat down carefully making sure there wasn’t anything ‘undesirable’ in his seat.

“Now what exactly did you want to talk with me about,” Valdemar asked quietly.

Liutpold looked around the room nervously before leaning forward and replying, “I think there is something about Germania you should know.”

Liutpold again checked the room and slowly scanned it with his second sight. He found nothing out of the ordinary. Satisfied that all was as it should be he continued, “A few of my house have been having dreams of late that tell of a great war being brought to our doorsteps.”

Valdemar listened carefully and looked Liutpold in the eyes and asked, “What do you find important about these dreams?”

Liutpold leaned even closer bordering of tipping his char up in the air a tiny bit and swallowed before answering, “Each kindred that has had these dreams, has had the exact same dream.”

“In these dreams they are busy doing their nightly tasks or sitting in their havens when a strange kindred unlike any they have seen before walks out of the shadows, the start is always unique but after the stranger shows up they are all exactly alike.”

“Wherever they are fades away and they are given a Birdseye view of Europe. They can see kindred killing kindred and houses warring with houses, the armies of France marching across Europe and Austria swelling to massive proportions, those pesky Turks even have a few rampages across southern Europe. They see inroads by other great houses into our dominions. House Umbra even makes a strong comeback and pushes my kind almost into the sea. Lupines in great numbers storm through our lands and your house brings death upon any who stand in their way.”

“The worst is they see creatures of steel traveling across the beautiful landscape and turning everything grey in the ash of their flaming breath. Huge metal birds soar high above the ground and spew countless arrows like I have never seen before and mortal armies carry the strangest bows that can spit arrows hundreds of yards away with enough force to punch holes completely through people. Finally, they watch a massive metal bird lay a massive metal egg and this egg falls to earth and creates the grandest fire ever seen, and for hundreds of miles people everywhere turn to ash. The wars end as the mortals fall one by one. Our kind slowly becomes weaker and vast numbers of kindred of all houses fall to this evil fire. And out of the flame rides a pale horse and upon this horse is a knight with black amour. The knight removes his helmet and stares into the eyes of those dreaming,” Liutpold continued a little shaken.

“The Knight’s eyes burn with color the same as the fire and the dreamers can hear a multitude of voices in their ears whispering words in a myriad of languages that we do not understand. The Knight points at the dreamers and issues a strange phrase and they feel themselves burning sensation before waking up screaming,” Liutpold finished and leaned back in his chair.

Valdemar thought carefully for a few moments reprocessing everything Liutpold had said. “Do any of then recognize the strange kindred,” He asked.

Liutpold replied as he was staring at a fingernail like it was a rotten fruit, “No but they do say that the kindred and the knight are the same.”

“Have you had this dream,” Valdemar asked.

Liutpold didn’t answer but from his posture Valdemar could tell that Liutpold defiantly had.

“What do you think of these dreams,” Valdemar questioned.

Liutpold had decided that he was done talking about the subject and stood as if too leave. Valdemar raised his hand motioning him to wait.

Valdemar rose from his chair and walked around the desk and leaned close to Liutpold’s left ear and whispered, “I too have had that dream. And I do know who that kindred is and also a few of the words in my head in the dream.”
Liutpold was unconvinced and took a step to leave, but before he could go farther Valdemar grabbed his arm. With his free hand Valdemar opened his robe to reveal a burn mark on his chest. He asked, “Do all of the dreamers also have this mark?”

Liutpold nodded slowly and Valdemar could see panic welling inside the normally controlled kindred. Liutpold’s pull became a little stronger and Valdemar had to put more effort into not letting him slip away.

“I’ll tell you the phrase that you hear in your head. Every morning when you go to sleep, you have the dream don’t you,” Valdemar inquired.

Visibly panicked Liutpold’s eyes became wide and he began attempting to wrest himself away and flee in terror.

“The Phrase is ‘Nex est hic’,” Valdemar whispered.

Liutpold shrieked and managed to pull himself away and rushed out the door.

Houses.jpg

Ok Here’s the Key:

1) House Pedragon

2) House Dravidian

3) House Tolomato

4) House Umbra

5) House Valdemar

6) House Grey Wolf

7) Unclaimed Lupine Territory

8) House Draconis

9) House Malkov

10) House Constantine