• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 5, 2003
s3.invisionfree.com
(PG-13) The Trial of Greven White Book 2: A Whisper in the Shadows

Ok Lets put 1st things 1st and get this out of the way.

Warning: If you have problems with the following terms or Ideas do not read this AAR.

Immortals Beings (Specifically Vampires, Wizards and Werewolves), Talking Animals, Drunkards, or Innuendo's.

Hardback Cover: Created by Sultan of Swing
TheTrialofGrevenWhiteBkII.jpg

Protector Sheet and Softback Cover Page: Created by Saphire
GWbookcover2a.jpg

This Is Called Book 2 because I don’t own CK and one day hope to purchase that game and it will be book one. Due the nature of the main character successful conquest is not the focus of this AAR. Also should I be annexed (God Forbid) This book will be complete and I will begin Work on Book 3 which will be in Victoria. (If I get annex too early I might jump ship to another country though. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen though.)

This space will be filled with “blurbs” from anyone that would like to offer a positive statement or at least constructive criticism. I admit I am not well versed in the craft of Writing and this is going to technically be only my second AAR. So please be gentle.

Ok Now Onto the Actual Story.

P.S. Forgive the 1st part I will explain the reasons behind it in my 3rd AAR in HoI. Also yes this really is going to be a Eu2 AAR this is just the Prelude.

Last edited:
These AAR's are dedicated to Adrienne, and Melissa.

June 19, 2004
Greenville, South Carolina
10 PM

Darkness was something that Stella had gotten used to by now. Dropping out of school when she tired of listening to her nagging mother, had forced her to search for jobs that didn’t require a whole lot of Education and as such she saw little of the sun. She had just left a job cleaning sewage pipes for barely more than minimum wage. Currently she was working at a theater and was enjoying a smoke break.

“Oh just great,” She moaned when she felt the first tickling drops of rain fall on her long blonde hair.

“Do you know how long it takes to get my hair to cooperate,” She asked the sky as she hurried towards the safety of the awning along the side of the building.

As she did so, she watched a tall and darkly dressed man exit the front doors. He had short cropped black hair and was rather robust. She could see he was wearing sunglasses and talking on a cell phone. She noticed he had a very ornate ring on his left hand it was hard to make out so she decided to move closer. When she got just a few feet away she noticed it had two serpents facing each other with blue jewels in their mouths.

As she was tossing her now finished cigarette onto the ground she had a chill run up her spine. She looked up and noticed the man was standing only a few paces away, and even worse he was staring right at her.

“Yeah what do you want,” She grunted, annoyed that he intimidated her.

He gave her a curious look then turned around and walked away. When he reached the curb a Black Limousine pulled up and a short, balding overweight man got out of the drivers door and opened the rear door.

She overheard the driver say, “Good evening Mr. White I trust the movie went well?”

The other man nodded and stepped into the vehicle. The driver shut the door and noticed she was watching him. He gave her a quick bow and the got into the car himself. A moment later the Limo pulled away.

“Stella! You gonna do some actual work tonight,” The voice shattered her thoughts and she turned to see it was Timothy her boss. Ex-Lover and boss she added to herself. She made a mental note to never mix Business with pleasure again.

Timothy was hurrying her inside when she heard a humongous explosion. The shockwave threw her and Timothy to the ground and shattered the nearby windows. Glass littered the ground and she could hear car alarms everywhere going off.

“Jesus what the heck was that,” Timothy exclaimed.

Stella turned to look behind her and saw the limousine upside down in a huge crater. It was billowing flame and smoke. She had no doubts about the fate of any passengers inside.

Last edited:
GrevenWhite said:
Innuendo's..

Greven? Innuendo? Nah :D
You have made me check this out with your posting on tomatocow's forum. Sounds like it will be interesting and will give us years of entertainment.

WOW! Explosive start! I wonder how this will lead to EUII... Really cool, keep it up, and more explosions and special fX and stuff pleez, we don't get that many in AARland!! :D

Th :rofl:

P.S. Cool thing to dedicate an AAR to someone, I haven't seen that anywhere before, that's very kind of you.:)

GrevenWhite said:
These AAR's are dedicated to Alexis, Adrienne, Kim, Lane and all the wonderful women that made us who we are today.

Which one is your mom? Shes prob the most important woman in any persons life. Without her... well... we wouldnt exist...

A very intriguing start - well done. Hmm, now let me guess - Mr (Greven) White has apparently just gone to meet his Maker, who's going to put him on trial (as per title) for crimes against humanity that somehow begin way back in the Middle Ages... But who is this mysterious Mr White? And what has he done? And am I cluttering this AAR with a load of total claptrap? Please keep going! ;)
[EDIT] I just noticed that the official title is "The trail of Greven White", whereas the title of the first post read "trial". Maybe it's both? :p

Last edited:
Greven - a very good start!! I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one!

Good to see you away from the HoI forum. Good start. :)

GrevenWhite said:
Ok Now IF anybody has talents with Photoshop or some graphics editor let me know as I would like to post a Pic of a Cover Page.
What exactly do you intend the cover page to look like?(I have a limited knowledge of graphic editing and may be able to help)

My personal suggestion for pics and editing is to seek out Sapphire. :)

Sultan: I almost was going to shorten it to SOS and decided to just go with Sultan. Mainly in the center a king figure and off to the right side hidden half in the shadows a dark figure. In the left corner should be a young (20ish) female character. It would be against the Brandenburg flag backdrop. Sprawled somewhere in gothic letters would be the title. Nothing too fancy don't want the cover to be better than the story.

Sliver: Thanks should I PM sapphire or do you know a thread or forum I can track him down in?

Valdemar: Thank you, no matter what Cdat says your O.K. in my book.

Kilgore: Thanks for stopping by. Mom will get props in book 3 if I make it that far.

Everyone Else: One more modern day post and then we'll go back to what exactly started the whole thing. Well the part after CK anyway. And Yeah Brandenburg is going to be the country of choice.

EDIT: Sorry something came up will post an update tomorrow. Creativity can be a fickle thing and Mine is gone tonight.

Last edited:
What was your suggestion?

Where did you post it? I read so much It's hard to keep track of it all. :D

Nevermind I found it. I Decided upon the "Player Goal" of trying to eventually unite Germany. Brandenburg also allows the ability to become Prussia and later Germany. Since all of europe is basically being puppeted the German states offer the most freedom. Also it allows for growth both IC and OC. :D

Last edited:
GrevenWhite said:
Warning: If you have problems with the following terms or Ideas do not read this AAR.

Immortals Beings (Specifically Vampires, Wizards and Werewolves), Talking Animals, Drunkards, or Innuendo's.

My only problem is with your lame pimping style these days. :D

Post in one of his AARs if you have not found him yet.

:)

Very Nice start!!!! and looking forward to next update!!!

"The Master of Paint" reading the AAR!!! :D :D

Maybe I should put that in my sig ;)

Sure, I will do a Pic of a Cover Page!!! At least it will be fun and something for me to do after my terrible week!!

Immortals Beings (Specifically Vampires, Wizards and Werewolves), Talking Animals, Drunkards!! :cool:

So what type of setout would you like?? PM me, book cover pic maybe with your name on the bottom?? :)

Joe (Sapphire) Master of Paint!!! :)