• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ferrero said:
No, no detail.
Have you tried changing the end date (and possibly other dates) to 1820?

That would mean changing all the dates of the treaties, the provinces and so on...
I'm too lazy, I'll just convert it using EU2Vic with the EU2Rev countries file, it works (while it doesn't changing the cultures file to the Rev one, so the problem may be there)

That's strange. It sounds like it isn't the dates after all. :confused:

Well, as long as it works, that's good. I'd just like to know what was wrong with it. Ah, well...

My only criticism of this converter is that the caucasus ends up a little whacky (at least in the AGCEEP converter...which is odd considering in that mod armenia from EUII becomes Tblisi in AGCEEP with georgian culture, and Kurdistan becomes Armenia/Erevan with armenian culture). Armenians end up in Tiblisi and north, and the state that represents the modern state of armenia is nearly 100% Kurdish. I think this is where this sort of thing would go...

MichaelM said:
The only thing that I think could cause an exception is the dates past 1821 (of course, since it worked before 1821 :)). Does the exception give any details?

I don't think it is the dates, since I tried converting using EU2Rev (albeit from 1524) and got the same exception thrown error message. I can convert the exact same file just fine using EU2Vic. I tried several different saves and got the same error each time.

Robw said:
I edited a game where the US didn't exist and my game always crashes around 1861. Are there any suggestions that I may deal with it. any help would be appreciated.
What exactly did you edit?

John Tzimisces said:
My only criticism of this converter is that the caucasus ends up a little whacky (at least in the AGCEEP converter...which is odd considering in that mod armenia from EUII becomes Tblisi in AGCEEP with georgian culture, and Kurdistan becomes Armenia/Erevan with armenian culture). Armenians end up in Tiblisi and north, and the state that represents the modern state of armenia is nearly 100% Kurdish. I think this is where this sort of thing would go...
Well, if you have the patience, you can change provinces.txt to your liking. :)

Manstein16 said:
I don't think it is the dates, since I tried converting using EU2Rev (albeit from 1524) and got the same exception thrown error message. I can convert the exact same file just fine using EU2Vic. I tried several different saves and got the same error each time.
That is very strange... I really have no idea what would cause it. :confused:

You're welcome. Have fun! :)

Error

I've been playing a game that I converted from CK, but now when I try to convert it to Ricky with the pop conversion I get the exception thrown message. It works without the pop conversion, so I'm guessing it's something to do with my population. However, I don't know anything about anything when it comes to programming, so can you give me a few ideas as to what might actually be the problem?

Last edited:
I'm still not sure exactly what this "exception thrown" message is, or what causes it. Is it the converter or the game? Can you get a screenshot?

It's an error I get when I try to convert with the convert POPs box checked. I assumed it had something to do with the pops being way out of whack due to it being a CK convert. What I wanted to know is if there was something I could do to make it compatible.

Last edited:
Well, since I don't have access to the program source code and the error doesn't give details, there's not much I can do about it. Sorry. :(

No worries, there was one guy before with a similar problem, apparently it has something to do with uncolonized provinces going to countries that don't exist. So, I released Spain as a vassal, and it all worked well, great converter.

Hmm... I'll have to remember that fix. Glad you found it! :)