+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Eu2Vic: Downloads

Kokomo is back

Ladies & Gentlemen,

KOKOMO is back!!!

It's been well over a year, but one always gets back to its first love they say.

How's it going? Good to see Chaingun, Montyp and so many others still care about this project. Keep on the good work!

About me? I've been a father recently so I've diminished my time devoted to PC for Diapers.

Cheers

Your friend...

Never trust a man who says "trust me" - Multiple and disputed authors
    Never explain - your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow. - Elbert Hubbard
    Yesterday's gone. Tomorrow will come if we survive today. - Old Celtic saying

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by kokomo
    How's it going? Good to see Chaingun, Montyp and so many others still care about this project. Keep on the good work!
    Ehm well, MontyP has requested his account deleted, but hopefully this project can continue.
    ç
    Fantasia for EU3 Version 1.5 is up: Now provinces are different in tax and native size.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciçatrix
    Ehm well, MontyP has requested his account deleted, but hopefully this project can continue.
    ohhh... too bad about that... let's hope for someone else to carry on with this...
    Never trust a man who says "trust me" - Multiple and disputed authors
    Never explain - your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow. - Elbert Hubbard
    Yesterday's gone. Tomorrow will come if we survive today. - Old Celtic saying

Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

ohhh... too bad about that... let's hope for someone else to carry on with this...
    Yes indeed, it is a great project, and it would be sad for it to possibly be rendered obsolete by the new patches ( )soon coming out.
    ç
    Fantasia for EU3 Version 1.5 is up: Now provinces are different in tax and native size.

hi what are you all talking about here. is this a way to continue your game from EU2 to victoria?

Quote Originally Posted by forzalex
    hi what are you all talking about here. is this a way to continue your game from EU2 to victoria?
    Yes, download this utility, run it, select your EU2 game, press convert, save it in your victoria scenarios folder, and play on.
    ç

Quote Originally Posted by Ciçatrix
    Yes, download this utility, run it, select your EU2 game, press convert, save it in your victoria scenarios folder, and play on.
    cheers, and it wont fuck anything else up?

Quote Originally Posted by forzalex
    cheers, and it wont fuck anything else up?
    No, it won't.

And in relation to your Pm, yes, nearly, see the IVS:
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=113425
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=177615
    ç

If the source code were available, I might (note this is not a certainty) do some hacking on it this summer (that is, if no one else beat me to it ).

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Hoi 2 Beta500k club

Have you find the source code ?
    One does not put a king on trial. One kills him.
    One cannot reign innocently: the insanity of doing so is evident. Every king is a rebel and a usurper.
    Saint Just.

I don't know if that will be possible, since MontyP is no longer registered. We don't even have his e-mail address. If anyone has any ideas for contacting MontyP, they would be most appreciated.
    It would be possible, in theory, to re-create his work; however, that would take quite a long time, so getting the source from him is much preferable.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Blog Entries
    You could try in the HOI2 forum as well, he did develop that converter too AFAIK.

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Blog Entries
    Asking if there's a way to contact him.

You're a genius, Sleepyhead! His e-mail address was in his first post of the VicToHOI2 thread. I'm e-mailing him now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    You're a genius, Sleepyhead!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    His e-mail address was in his first post of the VicToHOI2 thread. I'm e-mailing him now.
    I hope you'll be able to reach him

The source code is not available. MontyP felt that he was being taken for granted, which he didn't like. I checked the 1.02 release thread, and he's right; only three or four people thanked him for his effort.

Anyway, I guess the converter itself is dead now. We can still work on countries and provinces, though...

Pangalactic Gargleblaster Lord Boreal's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

All I ever get is an "exception thrown" error, whether I'm converting vanilla games or AGCEEP ones.

Does the error give any additional information besides "exception thrown"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast