• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vendere Sacerdo said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I use this? The readme said all kinds of nice things about the converter, but I found nothing about how to properly install it. Did I just miss something? All I get when I try to enter the program is "Failed to load local setup data files! Program is exiting"
You don't need to install anything. Just extract all the files in the EU2VIC.zip to a folder. Than double click the EU2VIC.exe to start it.

Is there any particular file it should be in, because I had all ready done that (making a file called Eu2Vic) & got the above mentioned popup.

Vendere Sacerdo said:
Is there any particular file it should be in, because I had all ready done that (making a file called Eu2Vic) & got the above mentioned popup.

Redownload it again in case something went wrong there, use this link for the latest version.

Unzip it to any location, it should create two subfolders (Data and Events) with a total 13 files. Make sure you unzip program is set to use the folder system of the .zip file.

All right, it works now. It was not unzipping into folders before, & that appears to have been the problem. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me, & sorry for any inconvenience.

New version

It is almost 1 year anniversary of the last version of EU2Vic! Therefore it's high time for another release... :) Here is version 1.02.

/enjoy!

* Gave the program a slightly different interface.
* It's now easier for Russia to get the Urals and beyond colonized... (due to changes in "Provinces.txt", with Siberia)
* Reworked Russia in "Provinces.txt".
* Reworked Europe in "Provinces.txt".
* Reworked Africa in "Provinces.txt".
* Reworked Australia in "Provinces.txt".
* Reworked South America in "Provinces.txt".
* Reworked large parts of Asia in "Provinces.txt".
* Many other changes in "Provinces.txt".
* Reworked South America in "Cultures.txt".
* Many other changes in "Cultures.txt".
* Victoria countries added to "Countries.txt".
* Tweaked many pop modifiers.
* User can now redefine a general POP modifier constant in "Cultures.txt".
* User can now redefine a general technology modifier constant in "Cultures.txt".
* EU2 provs that aren't "converted" can now get their city population added to a Vic prov (not converted EU2 provs are: many Siberian, Vestbygden, three Canadian, four Caribbean).
* The "extra" population that is added is now affected by what year it is.
* Greater diversity in population size in converted provinces.
* If a national province doesn't contain any state culture a few % state culture is added to that prov.
* Southern USA can get slaves added (according to certain conditions).
* Vic cultures that belong to the same EU2 culture in an "unchanged territory" are not assimilated anymore (user can change it back by redefining a modifier, 'assimilate_pop', in "Cultures,txt").
* The number of capitalists you get in a province is affected by if it has a governor and/or a manufactory.
* If a province has a conscription center, more soldiers and officers are added to that province.
* One (and only one) naval shipyard in a national territory is counted as a naval manufactory when calculating factories (the prov has to have a manufactory for it to count though).
* Alliance conversion.
* Vassal conversion.
* Armies are not lost if at sea anymore.
* Fleets are lost at sea only if the country owning them has no coastal provs.
* Army/navy conversion is now more fair for the AI. Adds up small units instead of rounding...
* Army/navy division names now look much, much better.
* If a country belongs to EU2 techgroup "orthodox" it will not become uncivilized under any circumstances.
* If a country's EU2 state culture is not a Vic state culture, it is added as state culture (if less than 4 Vic cultures).
* Non-national territories are not automatically made states now. That is, only national provs are made states. The rest are made colonies.
* Civilized countries get two clipper_convoy's for every established merchant in a CoT.
* Uncivilized countries get one clipper_convoy for every established merchant in a CoT.
* Nejd, Nepal and Paraguay are created in the conversion process.
* If converting a game prior to 1515, all protestant POPs will be catholic.
* Civilized countries get flintlock rifles, even if not that advanced. This to prevent the effect that they can't buy units...
* China get their prestige multiplied with 0.5.
* Some adjustments to the literacy conversion algorithm.
* Tweaked down money. Now: (money * 8) / (1 + inflation).
* It is now posible to add POP type to extra population. If the new "type" tag is used, only pops from that type are added.
* Other Minor tweaks.
* The USA can now gain independence from events.
* You shouldn't be asked to give up your own land to yourself anymore with events.
* GRE, BEL, USA, SER don't get "... has been created" event anymore if they existed from start.
* Other fixes to events.
* The lacking machine parts problem solved.
* There should no longer be possible to load (convert) other .eug files than EU2 save game files.
* Better error description when loading faulty files...
* Corrected a bug when converting CK generated savegame files directly. (There is a bug in the CK converter though, it sometimes creates "TIM" twice. Doesn't ruin load in EU2(gives it two capitals though!!!), but screws up load in Vicky when converted. So it's still best to save first in EUII before converting)
* Corrected a bug where high serfdom gave you free press etc. And a complete overhaul of policy conversion.
* Corrected other potential bugs.

NEW: http://victoria.nsen.ch/wiki/images/3/31/Eu2Vic.zip

It doesn't work ??

The download

Hey would ya look at that. It works!

The original works now too ?? wierd

Hi all,

I am sorry to disturb this thread but I need to contact MontyP (because his private message box is out of office), and I hope that he will read this thread because it concerns his convertor.

Thank you MontyP to give me a way to contact you by internet. ;)

lol So you are still knocking about then Chain? :)

So where are you MontyP??? :confused:

EuII to Vic and the new patches...

I would like to know if someone will be willing to adapt that magnificient piece of work to the new patches coming around december first...Almost simultaneous patches for the two games... i would never had allowed me to dream of that.

In fact, i was of the ones not hoping for any more patches, for any of the two games.

Please pm me? I lose account of all the things I say... :wacko: