• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh. It's doing that because I used the altered text stated earlier in the thread. If I use unaltered versions, it works, but of course that won't help with AGCEEP. I'll have to try it again, I suppose.

I was under impression the converter worked with AGCEEP now?

TairosAurelius said:
Oh. It's doing that because I used the altered text stated earlier in the thread. If I use unaltered versions, it works, but of course that won't help with AGCEEP. I'll have to try it again, I suppose.
If you are referring to the text posted by zlaron in EU2Vic: AGCEEP -> Victoria, then I'm puzzled, because I use that text and it works perfectly. Would you mind posting your altered text?

cymruwarrior said:
I take it this won't work with the map mods for EU2?

You can make it work.... you just need to edit the data files, especially the one dealing with provinces.

(Of course it means some work to do :p

cymruwarrior said:
I take it this won't work with the map mods for EU2?
Nee.. But Kasperus was going to make a version for his map. Dunno how it's going for him though.

I made conversionfiles for my WATK-map for use with eu2vic 1.02 some time ago already. Latest version can be downloaded here:
http://home.student.uva.nl/kacper.vandenheuvel/Eu2Vic4WATK.rar

Note that cultural (POP) conversion is experimental, buggy, and will work only on watk 3.11, which, incidentally, was just released.

The whole thing is untested (since I don't have Victoria installed atm) and only partially supported.

I greatly enjoy this converter..aside from one problem: the Americas.

It's rather odd when the AI fails to colonize the Americas in EU2. Is it possible to add some more converter events that will give new nations in the Americas colony buildings. This would be especially nice for the USA, as the Western states aren't on the EU2 map. Same goes for Western Canada.

Awesome, the new converter for Eu2->Revolutions is up on the VickyWiki. Three cheerios for MontyP! :cool:

cyberhunne said:
Awesome, the new converter for Eu2->Revolutions is up on the VickyWiki. Three cheerios for MontyP! :cool:

Thanks a thousand times MontyP :cool:

Thanks MontyP! Glad to see you're still in the house! :D

TairosAurelius said:
All I ever get is an "exception thrown" error, whether I'm converting vanilla games or AGCEEP ones.

I also get an "exception thrown" error when trying to convert with the "Convert Pops" option.
If I uncheck the "Convert Pops" options, it creates a converted file, but Vicky crashes when I tried to load the saved game.

i'm trying to convert a game that I had previously exported from Crusader Kings to EU2, so it's a very weird game. Maybe too weird for the converter. :(

iwan_manjak said:
I also get an "exception thrown" error when trying to convert with the "Convert Pops" option.
If I uncheck the "Convert Pops" options, it creates a converted file, but Vicky crashes when I tried to load the saved game.

i'm trying to convert a game that I had previously exported from Crusader Kings to EU2, so it's a very weird game. Maybe too weird for the converter. :(

Researching a little, I discovered the countries.txt file. I guess I'll have to rewrite it for getting it working for me...

I got it, at last.

I had to modify the lines in provinces.txt where uncolonized provinces where given to some countries. Maybe because some of the assigned countries (USA, Portugal) did not exist in my game? Anyway, for me it's better this way: this game world is very primitive (mostly due to the conquist of all Europe by mongol hordes, in the middle ages), and colonization is almost inexistent.

But in order to get the converted file load in Victoria, I had to start a new game, and merge the saved game with the converted game file, using the beginning of the saved game, and adding the rest of the converted game to this. Until I did this, I wasn't able to load the game: in the start screen, when I tried to select a country, none appeared, and the date appeared as "January 1, 0", though the date and the country list seemed to be ok in the converted file.

I can't say if this is a bug in the converted, in my Eu2 saved game file (though I tried with more than one), or in the way I used it. I play in a mac, and maybe there is the problem: some weirdness in the text codification or something like that.

iwan_manjak said:
I can't say if this is a bug in the converted, in my Eu2 saved game file (though I tried with more than one), or in the way I used it. I play in a mac, and maybe there is the problem: some weirdness in the text codification or something like that.
I believe the cause of your problem was a simple one - Eu2Vic leaves two lines at the top of the converted saved game which confuse the Mac version of Vicky, so they have to be removed to be able to play. It's not an issue with the Mac version of Revolutions, by the way.

The converter used to work fine for me. But, trying to continue a previously working save (if I converted it before 1 Jan 1821) with the unlimited time patch, the converter shows the exception thrown error, while it can convert other savegames. Does it mean that the unlimited time is uncompatible with EU2Rev?

Ferrero said:
The converter used to work fine for me. But, trying to continue a previously working save (if I converted it before 1 Jan 1821) with the unlimited time patch, the converter shows the exception thrown error, while it can convert other savegames. Does it mean that the unlimited time is uncompatible with EU2Rev?
The only thing that I think could cause an exception is the dates past 1821 (of course, since it worked before 1821 :)). Does the exception give any details?