• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kokomo is back

Ladies & Gentlemen,

KOKOMO is back!!!

It's been well over a year, but one always gets back to its first love they say.

How's it going? Good to see Chaingun, Montyp and so many others still care about this project. Keep on the good work!

About me? I've been a father recently so I've diminished my time devoted to PC for Diapers.

Cheers

Your friend...

:)

kokomo said:
How's it going? Good to see Chaingun, Montyp and so many others still care about this project. Keep on the good work!
Ehm well, MontyP has requested his account deleted, but hopefully this project can continue.

Ciçatrix said:
Ehm well, MontyP has requested his account deleted, but hopefully this project can continue.
ohhh... too bad about that... let's hope for someone else to carry on with this...

kokomo said:
ohhh... too bad about that... let's hope for someone else to carry on with this...
Yes indeed, it is a great project, and it would be sad for it to possibly be rendered obsolete by the new patches ( :) )soon coming out.

forzalex said:
hi what are you all talking about here. is this a way to continue your game from EU2 to victoria?
Yes, download this utility, run it, select your EU2 game, press convert, save it in your victoria scenarios folder, and play on. :cool:

kokomo said:
If the source code were available, I might (note this is not a certainty) do some hacking on it this summer (that is, if no one else beat me to it :)).

Have you find the source code ?

I don't know if that will be possible, since MontyP is no longer registered. We don't even have his e-mail address. :( If anyone has any ideas for contacting MontyP, they would be most appreciated.
It would be possible, in theory, to re-create his work; however, that would take quite a long time, so getting the source from him is much preferable.

Try what? :confused:

You're a genius, Sleepyhead! His e-mail address was in his first post of the VicToHOI2 thread. I'm e-mailing him now. :)

MichaelM said:
You're a genius, Sleepyhead!
123421.gif

MichaelM said:
His e-mail address was in his first post of the VicToHOI2 thread. I'm e-mailing him now. :)
I hope you'll be able to reach him :)

The source code is not available. MontyP felt that he was being taken for granted, which he didn't like. I checked the 1.02 release thread, and he's right; only three or four people thanked him for his effort.

Anyway, I guess the converter itself is dead now. We can still work on countries and provinces, though...

:(

All I ever get is an "exception thrown" error, whether I'm converting vanilla games or AGCEEP ones.

Does the error give any additional information besides "exception thrown"?