• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gzav said:
You might want to try changing browsers?

I also have this problem, no text in edited posts, usually i have to highlight the place where text should appear to see it, sometimes scroll up/down also helps. I'm using internet explorer 6.0 win 98SE, high colour.

gzav said:
If i see more double posts, i will delete the second and edit the first to have the contents of both in it.
So you say "if you can't get yo' lazy ass to click that smaller button instead of the large one, I'll come and do the cleaning for you"?
You should delete both posts, and maybe give some other punishment :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Vissarion said:
So you say "if you can't get yo' lazy ass to click that smaller button instead of the large one, I'll come and do the cleaning for you"?
You should delete both posts, and maybe give some other punishment :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I actually considered that option, but then people would think me a fascist authoritarian (well, more than they already do :D)

Satcho said:
I have to agree with this. It just looks like the person's trying to up their post count when they have one post after another.

Well....actually, there might be another reason. Some similar boards have disabled the edit function for rather obvious reasons (preventing people from editing their post if for instance they take some heat, or if they want the person they're arguing with to look silly, etc...). I personnally had completely forgotten that an edit function even existed on this kind of boards, due to a long story of posting on a "no-edit" board.

Plus it's quicker to hit the "reply" button when you've forgotten something than to edit your post. And anyway, I'm not sure why the mod thinks it's an issue. What difference does it make whether you write your comments in one post or two?

Executor said:
Try scrolling up and scrolling back down again. That usually works to fix it for me.

Thanks for this thread, I now understand why I'm unable to read parts of some people's posts. Indeed, scrolling up and down helps. Dosn't work readily every time though. And besides, it's quite annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double-posting in the "Double posts" thread, that's ironic...

As to why i think it's an issue, precisely because sometimes it's just to spam, and less posts means less server load. So if you can say something in 1 post instead of 2, everybody'll be happy...

gzav said:
Double-posting in the "Double posts" thread, that's ironic...

At first, I was confused by this comment. Then I remembered that I answered to two posts in a row. So, is posting twice (or three, four, etc... times), but each time answering to a different post, considered double posting too?

As to why i think it's an issue, precisely because sometimes it's just to spam, and less posts means less server load. So if you can say something in 1 post instead of 2, everybody'll be happy...

Well, if you say so, I'll try to comply. Though I have a tendancy not to consolidate posts, so I'm probably going to forgot.

Laurent... To fix the 'cut-off posts bug' see the 'Complete Guide to Patching Beyond version 1.06c.

I put some instructions in the table of contents detailing step by step how to change the post ID from the top of the post to the left of the post. For some reason, having the person's name appear to the left fixes the problem entirely.

I was really annoyed by it until I found the explanation somewhere on this board.