• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the new map looks awesome, just like hoi2 one did:D finaly paradox realised the error of their swedish ways!

I dislike HoI because it is only about war. No economy build-up, no shaping of your nation, just fighting, movement, deployment and fucking around with the TC.

i think you`ve already told almost same in this thread already :D
I like HOI because it is frontline wargame + planning production and gives new edges. Constant warfare is benefit as well.

All advantages you can be counted as disadvantages as well comparing eu2, but it is just different side for entertaiment.

What i like mostly in HoI without exception - you know in advance about the war and no gangbangs like 5 on 1 in eu2 just to demolish the nation.

I`ve played interesting campaign as Germany, worth to remember many great moments and decisions. Attacking fort 10 by 35 armors (successful, but USSR got 600 divisions and forts 10 from north to south), leaving Turkey to let USSR comes souther and half year later cutting their lines by invading Batumi, leaving Scandinavia to make strong coastal defence vs a lot of forces of UK + USA + Brazil (a lot of cheap modern armors) in France and NL, invasion in Egypt by 4 armours and quick Blitzkrieg to Suez, trapping about 30 allies division of their attack in Egypt in winter 41-42 + killing ~8 brazil armours, killing a lot of UK planes, so they lost air superiority to me (they had 1,5 times more and ended twice less), building 6 carriers for Roeder, so tryed to invade UK, so attack of France in 39 with too less troops (a lot of battles on the edge), steamrolling Poland in 7 days without paratroopers (4 days better than record in Russian games), and final mistake in Denmark, living beach province without defence, so a lot of invasion came to Germany :) And even after that i could trap and kill 10 more brazil armours :)

And that was just single campaign. Entertaiment worth to play :)

Last edited:
by the way, Mats, hoi is usually played by historical rules. So enough economy build-up and decision what you will do. There are quite many ways.

heh had some exciting campaigns tonio, holding 600 chinese divs in persia wiht 150 as uk, stealing norway from germany just and use it to later on invade finland ans save 100 soviet divs from being encircled by providing direct air support and us arms help. When baku was almost taken getting turkey in the alliance and using its divs to retake the land and preventing germany from gaining oil (germany later on lost due to lack of oil essentially), The epic defence of turkeys strait when 12 hungarian mechs tried to cross it and 1 british inf div held it (with the help of 16 fighters nevertheless :D). the landing in spain in 1941 when ussr was almost competly crushed, bringing 200 allied divs to france and taking paris, forcing germany to relocate signifcant forces to france (bitter peace cant fire without paris) the Epic battles for paris where most of germanys arms and merchs with heavy arms failed to beat an army of infantry support by 100 fighters, the complete crushing of japanese empire at the hands of usa by simplying convoy raiding japan(its divisions defending the isles starved, and in the end only japan proper was on japanese hands), specially when only months earlier japan had taken panama and invaded usa.

lots of brilliant stuff in that campaign, and we pulled it off to defend against 800 japanese and chinese divs, save SU when was near defeat 3 times (sent them cas and fighers i produced even to help him out) when at one time ussrhad only 200 divs left. And we did it with an infantry based army (built by canada, brazil spain, austraulia, south africa, nigeria, new zealand and uk at first) and ofc a massive fighter and cas airforce (we had some 600 air units by game end including other types of aircraft). The german player played flawlessly but there was nothing he could do :D

great game really, and thats why hoi3, when its properly patched will rock hard, those players whom go to great lenghts to screw the opposing partys logistics will have a blast with the new airforce and logistic system.

What i like mostly in HoI without exception - you know in advance about the war and no gangbangs like 5 on 1 in eu2 just to demolish the nation.
And that's what I dislike the most. There is no diplomacy. You fight and wage war until one side has rolled over the other.

And yes I have said it earlier in this thread, but can you blame me? You are trying to promote HoI in the EU2 forum, of course I am going to contest that.

Mats, they paid me ;)

Colonel, 1 ship in turkey strait is usually enough :)
You campaign seems to be very interesting and entertaining too :)
But as Germany i buy rare and oil much before the war starts. The real problem is only rare. Can be solved by capture of Singapoure and Javas.

i know, but we had a turkish ship there, but even with militar control the AI insisted in moving the ship off the strait!!! I couldnt stop it(had to be there constantly halting movement), and since instambul was taken by hungarians, i couldnt move more ships there :\

yes that germany stocked up on many rares and oil, it even looted sus resources when at one point it took moscow, but its massive mechanize and armored units (numbered around 200) ate 50k oil or so a month(not sure tho) so after 5 years of war the reserves he had finaly ran out, and since we eventually pushed to germany proper all he had left to do was use his last oil to try to delay the inevitable.

One funny chapter tho was when usa invaded italy in rimini, and by some incredible luck, the germans were moving 100hard divisions past italy into france expecting a renewed offencive in there, so all of the usas green units (about 80 of them) were pushed out of italy in 1 or so week, losing all the paras and marines in it, a bad day in the history of the usa :p

Last edited:
i wonder what 200 hard units might do with TC

Bah Tonio, real men play EU2, not hoi2. :cool:

Anyway, i was here thinking if you could "fuse" (or merge) some nicks of mine in the MP stats. Over the years, it has been too hard for people to write "EGO", when posting the stats. Which causes a problem - i cannot check my past games properly, or see the correct amount of sessions i played in the past.

Also, the MP stats page seems to be case sensitive - EGO and Ego are 2 different nicks for some reason.

If you can merge the nicks let me know and i will give you the list of the nicks that should be merged.

Bah Tonio, real men play EU2, not hoi2. :cool:

Anyway, i was here thinking if you could "fuse" (or merge) some nicks of mine in the MP stats. Over the years, it has been too hard for people to write "EGO", when posting the stats. Which causes a problem - i cannot check my past games properly, or see the correct amount of sessions i played in the past.

Also, the MP stats page seems to be case sensitive - EGO and Ego are 2 different nicks for some reason.

If you can merge the nicks let me know and i will give you the list of the nicks that should be merged.

im sure, he can! ;) Ear was even harder and look where i am now! ;)

More then 380 sessions. Goddamn, you guys abuse.

Counting all the sessions i played, inclusive the ones that werent posted in the stats, i doubt i would reach the 150 sessions.

Say Ear, since you have so many sessions, surely one more game wouldnt bother you? We could always use one diplomatic, experienced genious like you. :cool:

Last edited: