• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, England was just too greedy to demand Shanghai and their number of ships were similar to joined forces of Denmark and Sweden (at least we had about 1150 and England had 844, while some (100 or more) sailed to China). But thanks to Danish admiral, who beated England navy.

We had battles at NA as well - more with success of defended England, at China - Sweden won that (besides i bought China MA beforehand), and Sweden had fun to unloading troops to London to worry England. Mostly won by England, but that costed them quite much.. At the end we exchanged by embargo. For some time Sweden income was 630-650 and best at world.

At the end England admitted loose. As temporary ruler of Sweden i suppose that England should compensate the price of sacked ships, because of their bloody aggression. Besides Evil England :) can show the world the act of humanity and take the duty of defending Shanghai in future :rolleyes:

I knew our time and war will be over soon, so i didn`t force to make big expenses on this war. But if it goes on, Sweden and Denmark just should build fleet on full capacity, easily block England and siege their CoTs and Far East.

Rezag, some report while we were boring: improved all possible forts to level 4, some east forts - to level 5. Built 7-10 refineries (so with 4 monopolies we reached level of Burgundy by TE - 123%, sometimes Sweden had more), CCs are built everywhere it gave MP at least 1.0, now our MP is near 110. Galleys were disbanded, warships were built upto 642 or 645. At the end we got our CoT in NA.

Shanghai is defended by 160K now, 80K in NA. Denmark is best ally :rolleyes:

P.S. Made wrong click by -1 centralization instead of +1 merc. Besides my further advice is decreasing offensive for cheaper cannon (and you can use that for forts as well), with slight improving of land (mostly for manpower). Current dp sliders will surely go to reach capped 7.000 level of land morale on 100% maitenance, and no advantage of that will be reached. Besides with next deflation year i`d build 3 refs on mainland (only 3 provs are free from manus now :) )

ciao
Anton

World Conqueror said:
Hmmm, lets see, what did you say when Austria was in war against OE.

"It's time to do something against Austria"

Me and France didnt do anything. Then some months later;

"Seriously, you really ought to attack Austria"

Which made us start thinking.
Thats kind of my job as England to encourage conflicts that gain my own nation.
You speak like it was England who ordered you to attack Austria, blaming others for there own actions to save there own skin is low.. :eek:

Personally, i would never attack someone else that is currently fighting a long even war, especially not if the opponent is as strong as the one that you plan to attack. There is no honor nor any fun in that. :)

Fredrik82 said:
Thats kind of my job as England to encourage conflicts that gain my own nation.
You speak like it was England who ordered you to attack Austria, blaming others for there own actions to save there own skin is low.. :eek:

Personally, i would never attack someone else that is currently fighting a long even war, especially not if the opponent is as strong as the one that you plan to attack. There is no honor nor any fun in that. :)
But you'd happily encourage others to do so?

Or was that not what you meant?

Owen said:
But you'd happily encourage others to do so?

Or was that not what you meant?
No, i never told Burgundy nor France to attack Austria while they fought OE, i encouraged them to become hostile towards Austria, yes, but to attack Austria when they did was there own call, not mine. :)

Fredrik82 said:

Indeed. I do believe that Fredrik have put you up to it; I just don't care. It's no excuse, he's not the boss of you.

That's how I feel too, but lots of EUII players plays like Hmm and Phil - sadly... but that's not to say that I am right and they are wrong: we simply have different views.

But I'd like to repeat: France and Burgundy have each almost as much manpower than me. France have almost twice my income, Burgundy almost 4 times my income. None of them had any WE, RR or anything.

Austria, on the other hand, had plenty of WE and RR, no MP left - and had her hands full with an opponent that's actually stronger than herself...

As I see it, such a war is no fun, and is dishonourable and cowardly. But eh, that's just me I guess...

Fredrik82 said:

The way France&Burgundy have attacked Austria has made king of Sweden very troubled....

From this day on Brugundy&France will be banned from swedish COT:s we wont support nations who make such cowardous acts.

Rezag said:
The way France&Burgundy have attacked Austria has made king of Sweden very troubled....

From this day on Brugundy&France will be banned from swedish COT:s we wont support nations who make such cowardous acts.

Burgundy&France really made gangbang. Quite same done to Burgundy by Austria and France, when i subbed it. Time to bang France now ? :rofl:

Btw, Rezag, you are close to land 51, will be useful for negotiations with England :rolleyes:

Fredrik82 said:
No, i never told Burgundy nor France to attack Austria while they fought OE, i encouraged them to become hostile towards Austria, yes, but to attack Austria when they did was there own call, not mine. :)
What did you mean by "do something against Austria"? I might have thought you meant trade embargoing her, except for Austria's trade income being insignificant.

As you say though, the decision to attack was entirely that of Burgundy and France.

Tonioz said:
Burgundy&France really made gangbang. Quite same done to Burgundy by Austria and France, when i subbed it. Time to bang France now ? :rofl:

Eh not, that was not the same thing. Burgundy lost 1 single European province, which had no real value and manpower.

When these wars are over, I will have lost 9 - of which one province had 6.8 manpower WITHOUT a CC...

Owen said:
As you say though, the decision to attack was entirely that of Burgundy and France.
Yep, and they asked for my support to attack Austria. I think they wanted there back free from English attacks. I told them that England will not support them with any military actions nor any major diplomatic actions either.
However the English king did welcome the Brandenburg/French hostility vs Austria. Thats it, i was bussy with my own war vs Sweden.

The situation in Europe have changed alot, and so have England. Austria is not an enemie towards England anylonger. :)

Fredrik82 said:
Yeah, what uber stats did that bastard have :confused:
3-4-2, so he wasn't *that* good. The home waters advantage also played a part in the first battle of the Sund between England and Denmark. Lost almost 500 WS in that one and some 300 more in the skirmishes that followed. Good thing my inflation is still rather low.

In the meantime... Venice and Aragon had a nice useless 1v1 war, that cost a lot, and gained neither side anything :D

ForzaA said:
In the meantime... Venice and Aragon had a nice useless 1v1 war, that cost a lot, and gained neither side anything :D

Although it did prove that the numerically inferior Venetian navy could beat the crap out of the Aragonese fleet.

Tonioz said:

Btw, Rezag, you are close to land 51, will be useful for negotiations with England :rolleyes:

Apparently you forget that I was the first nation to be *partition* ~ actually, considering you are a sub, it could be you just werent there ;)

Hive said:
(I didn't threaten anyone, and my RM refusal was purely because I expected you were up to something. And I was right. Don't claim that you weren't planning a war against me already when we still had RM).

Hive, I will claim it because it is infact true.

1. You refused, meaning you no longer wanted to be diplomatically connected to france.

2. An RM is meant to CURB hostilities. If you thought that burgundy and france were planning something (and prior to your refusals we were not), then why wouldnt you RM? ~ You became suspicous because I WANTED an Rm? I think most people would become more suspicous when a nation who has been participating in RMs for over 3 centuries suddenly decided they dont want to anymore.

Philip II said:
Hive, I will claim it because it is infact true.

1. You refused, meaning you no longer wanted to be diplomatically connected to france.

2. An RM is meant to CURB hostilities. If you thought that burgundy and france were planning something (and prior to your refusals we were not), then why wouldnt you RM? ~ You became suspicous because I WANTED an Rm? I think most people would become more suspicous when a nation who has been participating in RMs for over 3 centuries suddenly decided they dont want to anymore.

Yes, we had a RM for more than 3 centuries. But measures had been taken exactly to end this huge alliance in the center of Europe.

Not renewing the RM is in no way a sign of hostility, and you can't claim that you had to do a pre-emptive strike or anything... it's a BS reason for attacking.

You say that you didn't plan anything... but I saw Burgundy build forts on my border (yes he may have built them other places too, but I couldn't see that!), and I asked about it... I then saw France build forts on my borders ONLY - and after that, France moved an army to the border as well...

So of course, I saw no reason to let you see exactly how much trouble I was in vs. OE, in case you would - as you did - take advantage of it.

But not signing a RM is probably the weakest excuse for war I have heard this year. Perhaps you should apply for a job in the Bush administration? :p

Hive said:
Eh not, that was not the same thing. Burgundy lost 1 single European province, which had no real value and manpower.

When these wars are over, I will have lost 9 - of which one province had 6.8 manpower WITHOUT a CC...

Another great difference was that when Burgundy was attacked it had not been fighting another war before that what would have emptied its MP and caused high WE allready.