• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hive said:
Btw, Vricklund and I discovered why the save file is suddenly so damn huge... for some odd reason, the event history has been multiplied with a damn large number, meaning that this part of the save is ~7 MB...

The tricky part will now be to sort out all the irrelevant data, while still keeping the correct eventhist. Our first attempt failed.

good luck guys :)

Ironfoundersson said:
This:

Is quite clear

Im well aware that he said it Iron, but he still *considered* quitting ~ which means he discontent at some level with this game. I just wanted to reassure him that I atleast would like to see him continue

Just a quick note to remind people that I will be away on holiday on the 16th and 23rd September, which I estimate to be the last two sessions.

Much as I'd like to ask to postpone those sessions so I can play in them, I think that would be a bit rude, so I will try to ask around a few people during the week to see who would like to take on the challenge of a Napoleonic Era Ottoman Empire that isn't the "Sick Man of Europe". I do have a few ideas already.

Owen said:
Just a quick note to remind people that I will be away on holiday on the 16th and 23rd September, which I estimate to be the last two sessions.

Much as I'd like to ask to postpone those sessions so I can play in them, I think that would be a bit rude, so I will try to ask around a few people during the week to see who would like to take on the challenge of a Napoleonic Era Ottoman Empire that isn't the "Sick Man of Europe". I do have a few ideas already.

Ask Robertus, he's on fire these days. :D

A shame, though... where are you going on holiday to? Canada?

of course Hive told me there is no need in subs, but anyway i flood i can sub next 2 sessions most probably :rolleyes:

Tonioz said:
of course Hive told me there is no need in subs, but anyway i flood i can sub next 2 sessions most probably :rolleyes:

Well like I said: I haven't heard anyone who said they needed a sub for the next 2 sessions... but of course, something might come up - who knows? :)

Vricklund made a script to remove the excessive eventhistory, so the save is now down to a reasonable size yet again - which means it won't take so long to load next time. :)

Hive said:
Vricklund made a script to remove the excessive eventhistory, so the save is now down to a reasonable size yet again - which means it won't take so long to load next time. :)
Nice.

I wonder if Slargos's history editor is at fault.

The edited file can be found here.

Seems the problem started with the 1716 modified save. It's significantly larger than the previous ones. Don't think we should blame this one on Slargos but rather on Hive and his use of Excel. :p

(this save includes the alliance edits done by Hive)

Vricklund said:
The edited file can be found here.

Seems the problem started with the 1716 modified save. It's significantly larger than the previous ones. Don't think we should blame this one on Slargos but rather on Hive and his use of Excel. :p

(this save includes the alliance edits done by Hive)

I only used Excel 1 time - and that was 20 min ago, when fiddling around with the problematic save...

So you can't whipe this off me so easily. ;)