• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hive said:
The nations I annexed (although that is such a bad word - I prefer the term 'allowed to join our nation') saw themselves surrounded by Protestant and Calvinist nations on advance, and felt very insecure. They were incredibly happy when we offered them protection and security.
:rofl:
That's harsh.
:rofl:
You are so very wrong with your assumptions. I'm not trying to sacrifice Denmark to my allies here. In fact, I already told you that I will break my allegiances to most of these nations if England is downsized.

But since you don't think this is reasonable compensation, how about this: Austria will cede all her colonial possesions if England agrees to my proposal.
Your indefensible colonies? OK.

Owen said:
Your indefensible colonies? OK.

Yes, my 'indefensible' colonies which I have held for all this time, and never was even close to losing them... :rolleyes:

You and Fred keeping to refuse my good offers only shows one thing: You have no intention to make any compromises for the good of Europe. And with such an arrogant behaviour, you really can't wonder why you have so many enemies.

Hive said:
Yes, my 'indefensible' colonies which I have held for all this time, and never was even close to losing them... :rolleyes:

You and Fred keeping to refuse my good offers only shows one thing: You have no intention to make any compromises for the good of Europe. And with such an arrogant behaviour, you really can't wonder why you have so many enemies.
What good offers? I asked you what your war demands were last night, and I have yet to receive a reply.

Come on Hive, you can do better than that.

Hive said:

I'm not interested in any compromises, i'm only interested in having the Archdukes head in a basket. ;)

Owen said:
What good offers? I asked you what your war demands were last night, and I have yet to receive a reply.

Come on Hive, you can do better than that.

I told you that I would have to talk to my allies first, before answering that question.

Fredrik82 said:
I'm not interested in any compromises, i'm only interested in having the Archdukes head in a basket. ;)

Exactly. While the Emperor is willing to make compromises in the name of peace, all England and the heathen Turk are interested in is bloodshed and arrogance.

Hive said:
Exactly. While the Emperor is willing to make compromises in the name of peace, all England and the heathen Turk are interested in is bloodshed and arrogance.
Please, for once, stop putting words into my mouth.

Hive said:
I told you that I would have to talk to my allies first, before answering that question.
That is true, but it still doesn't negate the fact that you lied when claimed that I "keep refusing all your good offers."

Fredrik82 said:
And it's kind of funny too, Hive have created this mighty uber alliance for one purpese, to downsize England. But they just sit on there arses and obviously wait for England to dow them. and instead they use it to dow OE :rolleyes:

This is kind of disquieting, i start to think that Hive use the friendship of he's allies for he's own purpose. What have he ever done to "downsize" England really? He controled one English colony once, good job Hivester :p

Fred, i dont see France, burgundy, or even aragon participating in this war. Dont claim that the uber alliance is attacking the OE when this is so not the case.

And yes, england you are uber and you are the center of attention. You own the wealthiest and majority of cots, placing the rest of europe at your mercy when it comes to trading. This would be no big deal, but every time someone tries to expand outside of europe into heathen territory (not the turks in this case), we are contested. France invaded india to acquire wealthy provinces and establish an asian pressence. The turks responded by threatening me with war because india is *theirs*. They then tell me that they will cal upon english aid in the event of a war ~ EVEN THOUGH I SAID I WOULD NOT CALL MY ALLIES < yes owen you did say that you would involve england even though YOU are suppose to be the indian *protector*.

How is any nation suppose to stand alone when they have to constantly deal with this bullshit. England, Ottomans, you both did this to yourself. Both of you are incredibly large and powerful. Stop trying to make us look like the bad guys.

My number one goal in every game is to maintain balace. While austria is definetly large, it is still exceeded by england and the turks. If the english really wanted to see the break up of this uber alliance then they would make concensions and downsize. Remeber, there was a time when france and even burgundy were english allies, but then the english grew disgustingly large and wealthy, snatching up numerous COTs. England even forced denmark into vassalization. If england was really so intouch with the feelings of europe, they would not need to make the danish a vassal.

Philip II said:
Fred, i dont see France, burgundy, or even aragon participating in this war. Dont claim that the uber alliance is attacking the OE when this is so not the case.
You're right, it isn't the whole of the uber alliance that is attacking me, but I am being attacked by the nations with the largest and third largest manpower pools, along with a nation whose navy has been massively expanded through foreign funding. Aragon are thanked for remaining neutral in this pointless war.
And yes, england you are uber and you are the center of attention. You own the wealthiest and majority of cots, placing the rest of europe at your mercy when it comes to trading.
Not so, as a simple reading of the stats would show. Yes, England has the highest trade efficiency and the most CoTs. However, this is a small advantage and nowhere near the stage where it "places the rest of Europe at his mercy". As for claiming England owns a majority of CoTs, five is somewhat less than half of thirty, to say the least.
This would be no big deal, but every time someone tries to expand outside of europe into heathen territory (not the turks in this case), we are contested. France invaded india to acquire wealthy provinces and establish an asian pressence. The turks responded by threatening me with war because india is *theirs*. They then tell me that they will cal upon english aid in the event of a war ~ EVEN THOUGH I SAID I WOULD NOT CALL MY ALLIES < yes owen you did say that you would involve england even though YOU are suppose to be the indian *protector*.
Indeed. That was in response to your claim that I could not take India from you because in order to get enough war score, I would have to prosecute the war in France itself. If I claim to be protector of India it means I am able to invade India, not France.
How is any nation suppose to stand alone when they have to constantly deal with this bullshit. England, Ottomans, you both did this to yourself. Both of you are incredibly large and powerful. Stop trying to make us look like the bad guys.
Austrian threats and other nations' blind acceptance of Austrian propaganda have forced England and OE to help each other. You are confusing cause and effect.

Despite that, at no time have England and the OE co-ordinated their attacks, and in fact I have gone out of my way to avoid doing so.
My number one goal in every game is to maintain balace. While austria is definetly large, it is still exceeded by england and the turks. If the english really wanted to see the break up of this uber alliance then they would make concensions and downsize. Remeber, there was a time when france and even burgundy were english allies, but then the english grew disgustingly large and wealthy, snatching up numerous COTs. England even forced denmark into vassalization. If england was really so intouch with the feelings of europe, they would not need to make the danish a vassal.
Burgundy realised that as long as they remained allied with England, she would be the whipping boy of the continent, since England was unable to help defend her and she lost several provinces. Burgundy left her alliance with England, even after the two had exchanged maps of the far East, not because England was too powerful, but because England was too weak. And yet you insist that England is uber and must be stopped. :confused:

Owen said:
Austrian threats and other nations' blind acceptance of Austrian propaganda have forced England and OE to help each other. You are confusing cause and effect.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

England and Burgundy were funding OE already before any coalition had been established.

Hive said:
*cough* bullshit *cough*

England and Burgundy were funding OE already before any coalition had been established.
No. At that stage, you were already threatening both them and me. Of course, that came to naught since I was away and subbed by someone unable to keep even his own country under control when you attacked them with your massive alliance.

Owen said:
No. At that stage, you were already threatening both them and me. Of course, that came to naught since I was away and subbed by someone unable to keep even his own country under control when you attacked them with your massive alliance.

I had no massive alliance back then, I had no coalition. I was all alone to threaten England, Burgundy and OE. That Russia had an interest in attacking you as well is quite natural, and had nothing to do with that.

Hive said:
I had no massive alliance back then, I had no coalition. I was all alone to threaten England, Burgundy and OE. That Russia had an interest in attacking you as well is quite natural, and had nothing to do with that.
Poor little Austria, all alone against the Ottoman Empire, England and Burgundy. It's a wonder she survived with those odds. :rofl: