• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Naturally, the emperor cannot tolerate heathen presence in Europe. We need no 'claim' for a war against the Turks to be legitimate.

And your annexation of Baden was carried out due to popular demand, as Baden's merchants appeared to be herrassing other nations. :p

Poland was annexed by their own request, as they feared a Danish attack organised and financed by the evil English. Naturally, the Polish didn't want to be surpressed by the evil English puppet nation of Denmark - so they chose to join Austria as free people.

...and so will a part of OE's European holdings after this war. :D

Hive said:
Naturally, the emperor cannot tolerate heathen presence in Europe. We need no 'claim' for a war against the Turks to be legitimate.
"Naturally"? What sort of cause for war is that? You merely wish to hammer upon the Muslims of the Balkans and bring them untold misery. What right have you, the Archduke to do such a thing without any grievance?
And your annexation of Baden was carried out due to popular demand, as Baden's merchants appeared to be herrassing other nations. :p
Other nations should improve their trade efficiency and internal stability, if they really consider this to be such a problem that they are willing to see Austria grow even bigger.
Poland was annexed by their own request, as they feared a Danish attack organised and financed by the evil English. Naturally, the Polish didn't want to be surpressed by the evil English puppet nation of Denmark - so they chose to join Austria as free people.
Those are lies, and you know it. Denmark was in no position to attack Poland while your engorged Austria neighboured them. Furthermore, if Denmark had attacked, they would have been left with one undefendable province separated from their main territory by Warsaw.
...and so will a part of OE's European holdings after this war. :D
We will see about that...

Owen said:
You merely wish to hammer upon the Muslims of the Balkans and bring them untold misery.

Yes, that is correct.

What right have you, the Archduke to do such a thing without any grievance?

I am emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. God has given me the right.

Those are lies, and you know it.

Rubbish, I never lie. I only distort the truth.

Owen said:
Austria and OE are natural enemies, because every single western European nation has fallen for Austria's claims that England is a bigger threat to human civilisation than the Devil himself. This allows the Archduke to annex his way across the whole of the Holy Roman Empire without a murmur of complaint from anyone. Once he has done this, he has a huge amount of German manpower and can attack the Ottoman Empire with impunity, while his western border is protected by his neighbours' unquenchable belief in the English dragon, the English dragon that is entirely a figment of Austrian propaganda.
Indeed, though. I'm not sure what this 38MP uber England can do really, not fight any long offensive wars, that's for sure. Especially not when my enemies are land nations with 10x the manpower.

While Hive have succeed to make everyone to see England as the only major threat that evil Archduke can grow quietly while he have deluded everyone else in europe to only have there eyes on the uber evil England.
I mean, you guys are pathetic if you really belive that England can do any major offensive land wars in Europe. With my shitty morale and low MP it would be a suicide mission.

And i'd say that the current situation with Austria-Aragon-Venice-France-Burgundy-Russia "alliance", this game will go no where. And that you sit and wait for an English attack will be waste of time. I'm uber, yes. But i'm in no possition to fight 5 nations alone, and no, i won't drag in Denmark into this suicide mission.

If this situation continue we will have a no-war game.

Fredrik82 said:
I mean, you guys are pathetic if you really belive that England can do any major offensive land wars in Europe. With my shitty morale and low MP it would be a suicide mission.

No one claimed that you can do that. But what you can do - and have done to a large extend - is snatching the most valuable colonies and CoTs outside Europe.

As to our alliances being big... well, I'm sure Germany felt the same anger you do during WWII. They probably all went "Wtf, this is unfair! England, France, USA, Sovjet Union - all against us! We don't have manpower for that!" :p

Once England is downsized, I'm sure we will see lots of changes in the political setup in Europe. ;)

EDIT: You can, of course, remove this anti-English hatred by freely making some concessions. Here's what I have in mind: de-vassalize Denmark and cede all Asian CoTs to either Denmark or someone else.

Fredrik82 said:
Indeed, though. I'm not sure what this 38MP uber England can do really, not fight any long offensive wars, that's for sure. Especially not when my enemies are land nations with 10x the manpower.

While Hive have succeed to make everyone to see England as the only major threat that evil Archduke can grow quietly while he have deluded everyone else in europe to only have there eyes on the uber evil England.

And i'd say that the current situation with Austria-Aragon-Venice-France-Burgundy-Russia "alliance", this game will go no where. And that you sit and wait for an English attack will be waste of time. I'm uber, yes. But i'm in no possition to fight 5 nations alone, and no, i won't drag in Denmark into this suicide mission.

If this situation continue we will have a no-war game.

the problem is, ofcourse, that you can drop those "38MP" anywhere you want, capture something, and be gone again before anyone can stop you. AND that you can recruit each and every mercenary available.

Fredrik82 said:
That's what you've said from the day when i took over England, in 1505(?) :rofl:

Yes.. but not untill now have I managed to buildup a coalition large enough (I hope) to bring you down - which says a lot about your strength... ;)

ForzaA said:
the problem is, ofcourse, that you can drop those "38MP" anywhere you want, capture something, and be gone again before anyone can stop you. AND that you can recruit each and every mercenary available.
Well, that is to behave short-sightedly. No-one can win a war that way at this time.

Hive said:
I am emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. God has given me the right.
And how did you get that? By annexing every nation in the the Holy Roman Empire. That is from bullying, not from God.
Rubbish, I never lie. I only distort the truth.
So it would appear, constantly.

Hive said:
No one claimed that you can do that. But what you can do - and have done to a large extend - is snatching the most valuable colonies and CoTs outside Europe.
Rubbish. England owns more than anyone else, sure, but every single nation owns a CoT outside Europe.
As to our alliances being big... well, I'm sure Germany felt the same anger you do during WWII. They probably all went "Wtf, this is unfair! England, France, USA, Sovjet Union - all against us! We don't have manpower for that!" :p
You'll find that Germany declared war against all of those nations, except England and France, who were allied to Poland. England has only attacked in the interests of free trade, and the OE has made fewer attacks than Austria has attacked her.
Once England is downsized, I'm sure we will see lots of changes in the political setup in Europe. ;)

EDIT: You can, of course, remove this anti-English hatred by freely making some concessions. Here's what I have in mind: de-vassalize Denmark and cede all Asian CoTs to either Denmark or someone else.
That is a ridiculous demand Hive, and you know it.

Owen said:
And how did you get that? By annexing every nation in the the Holy Roman Empire.

Well if you want to go into petty details, sure... :p

Rubbish. England owns more than anyone else, sure, but every single nation owns a CoT outside Europe.

Yes - and we only do that because of this grand coalition against the evil English, who would otherwise have snatched them.

That is a ridiculous demand Hive, and you know it.

Pfft. Is not. The reward he receives is that he can start on a fresh with the rest of Europe. And he will still be able to trade in those CoTs.

Will my proposal make him less uber? Yes. Will it make him a minor, or even a medium power? Far from.

Hive said:
Well if you want to go into petty details, sure... :p
I don't think they considered it petty when you annexed them.
Yes - and we only do that because of this grand coalition against the evil English, who would otherwise have snatched them.
You're lying again.
Pfft. Is not. The reward he receives is that he can start on a fresh with the rest of Europe. And he will still be able to trade in those CoTs.
What sort of compensation do you call that? That's pathetic, and the action of a bully.
Will my proposal make him less uber? Yes. Will it make him a minor, or even a medium power? Far from.
If England does as you suggest, it will leave Austria extremely powerful. You chose to suggest Denmark have the CoTs because Denmark would be unable to prevent you claiming them for your naval minions.

And it's kind of funny too, Hive have created this mighty uber alliance for one purpese, to downsize England. But they just sit on there arses and obviously wait for England to dow them. and instead they use it to dow OE :rolleyes:

This is kind of disquieting, i start to think that Hive use the friendship of he's allies for he's own purpose. What have he ever done to "downsize" England really? He controled one English colony once, good job Hivester :p

Owen said:
I don't think they considered it petty when you annexed them.

The nations I annexed (although that is such a bad word - I prefer the term 'allowed to join our nation') saw themselves surrounded by Protestant and Calvinist nations on advance, and felt very insecure. They were incredibly happy when we offered them protection and security.

You're lying again.

That's harsh.

What sort of compensation do you call that? That's pathetic, and the action of a bully.

If England does as you suggest, it will leave Austria extremely powerful. You chose to suggest Denmark have the CoTs because Denmark would be unable to prevent you claiming them for your naval minions.

You are so very wrong with your assumptions. I'm not trying to sacrifice Denmark to my allies here. In fact, I already told you that I will break my allegiances to most of these nations if England is downsized.

But since you don't think this is reasonable compensation, how about this: Austria will cede all her colonial possesions if England agrees to my proposal.

Hive said:

Yea sounds good, split up his CoT:s :D

Fredrik82 said:
And it's kind of funny too, Hive have created this mighty uber alliance for one purpese, to downsize England. But they just sit on there arses and obviously wait for England to dow them. and instead they use it to dow OE :rolleyes:

England and OE have been disgusting friends for ages now. You know it, I know it - everyone knows it. No point in denying it.

And I have always made it very clear that I considered OE to be an enemy, and Owen knew very well that it was only a question of time before I would strike again. I am being very honest with my intentions.

And futhermore, it's rubbish to say that I use this grand coalition against OE. Only 3 nations are in war against OE, 3 nations that have all been in war with OE before. OE took Astrakhan from Russia and several Balkan provinces from Venice: only a fool would not expect them to crave revenge sooner or later.

This is kind of disquieting, i start to think that Hive use the friendship of he's allies for he's own purpose. What have he ever done to "downsize" England really? He controled one English colony once, good job Hivester :p

You have medium forts in provinces that can support 2k of my troops without attritioning, added that you had plenty of troops there yourself... how do you propose I break through that? I did try, but it's pretty hard to get to England as Austria... and mind you, I am doing what I can. Just look at my constant embargo against England.

Hive said:
You have medium forts in provinces that can support 2k of my troops without attritioning, added that you had plenty of troops there yourself... how do you propose I break through that? I did try, but it's pretty hard to get to England as Austria... .
Excuses, that man is full of them :rolleyes:

Hive said:
and mind you, I am doing what I can. Just look at my constant embargo against England.
Yeah, you got balls. thats for sure :p
And i can't even try to bother to break that embargo with you'r shitty COTs :p
Besides, you'r COT in NA will very soon disappear, cause of you'r embargo and my embargo vs Austria, the COT in Mexico is taking ground while the one that Austria have is shrinking. :eek: