• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fredrik82 said:
That is completely up to the Swedish king, as the current situation the English king have no choice then to look at Sweden as enemies. If Sweden wish to change that then it's up to them...

The words of English king will be taken on cocideration by Kristina the new queen of Sweden.

I have decided to return OE's badboy level to the value it had before last session.

The territorial changes, however, will not be changed by edit.

Hive said:
I have decided to return OE's badboy level to the value it had before last session.

Thanks Hive. :)

I knew you'd agree with the voice of reason(tm). :D

Hive said:

If that is the case, while I do not object to the BB reduction in general for what happened last time, so as to enhance the game to make the OE more involved, I don't think the BB incurred should be totaly wiped out. A competant player DOWing with CBs and force vassalising and diplo-annexing would still have incurrec some BB. I have worked out that such a player with the same territorial possesions would have had a BB of 35.1 by now, a reduction of 14 BB compared to the 20 being proposed.

Even with this level of BB, the OE is still well within the limit, and be able to DOW (especially with a CB) without having to worry about going over the BB limit.

PJL said:
If that is the case, while I do not object to the BB reduction in general for what happened last time, so as to enhance the game to make the OE more involved, I don't think the BB incurred should be totaly wiped out. A competant player DOWing with CBs and force vassalising and diplo-annexing would still have incurrec some BB. I have worked out that such a player with the same territorial possesions would have had a BB of 35.1 by now, a reduction of 14 BB compared to the 20 being proposed.

Even with this level of BB, the OE is still well within the limit, and be able to DOW (especially with a CB) without having to worry about going over the BB limit.

True. But he had some valuable land released as well, I think that's 'punishment' enough...

PJL said:

It's a fair point, though I calculated 32.1, since all those nations were small enough to diplovassalise. Also, Aden and Nubia were allied.

The rebels will hurt, all the same.

I will probably come home tomorow night, then this issue might get settled.

Owen said:
It's a fair point, though I calculated 32.1, since all those nations were small enough to diplovassalise. Also, Aden and Nubia were allied.

The rebels will hurt, all the same.

With crappy diplo ratings for the OE from now on (with a couple of exceptions), I wouldn't have banked on any diplo-vassalistions working. And the BB I worked out does included what was lost OTOH, I can see several provinces are going to defect soon (especially in Persia), which will reduce the BB still further.

Fredrik82 said:
Good to know, although that Denmark joined "Hitlers" gang is a big disappointment. :eek:

I was saying that from the english point of view. Even if england insists on remaining a french enemy, i actually dont see very many direct wars

English Relations

The English king want's to make a few things clear, after the current war England will leave the alliance with Burgundy asap. Although England will guarantee Burgundie's safety as long as needed. The current situation England is embargoing Austria, France, Denmark and Sweden, this will not be dropped until the others have done the same. We belive in free trade so as fast as the war is over everyone should grant eachother trade again.

English diplomatic relations.

Burgundy: Neutral ally, indenpendence guaranteed by England after our alliance have ended, this might only be temporarely until Burgundy have allied someone else.

Austria: Hostile enemy, One of England's biggest enemy, there policy have been anti-English and we will always keep our eyes on this untrusted autocrat. Reports from the English intelligence service prove that it was the Austrians who was the brain behind this evil plan.

France: Hostile enemy. The French king, a former ally, was trusted and respected in England before they decieded to turn hostile towards England.
The Franco threat have been taken seriusly after this last sneaky attack from the French king.

Portugal: Neutral Friends. The English king decieded to share maps with Portugal in order to improve our nations relation. The Portugese people have always been friendly and they are a candidate to join the list of nations in the new English funding program.

Aragon: Neutral Friends. The last unfortunate conflict behind our people have been forgoten and the English king look into a future with a neutral and friendly Aragon. The current Trade "conflict" between our nations will be solved in a friendly manner. Aragon is also a candidate to join the English funding program but this will first be decieded after the trade issue is solved.

Ottoman Empire: Neutral Friends. The Sultan have always been a friend and a trusted ruler who is highly respected in England. OE is the first member in the new English funding program. The reason to this is mostly because of the agressive Austrians who's the reason behind this instability in the region.

Venice: Neutral. Venice have not yet caused England any problems. But as long as they are allied to Austria we have no choice then to keep an eye on the doge of Venice.

Denmark: Hostile enemy. It's very obvious that the Danish king have taken side with the Austrians. They attacked English colonies in order to reach the coast. This will not be reached in this war because England is only willing to give up max two colonies to Denmark, only because of the collapse for Burgundy in Europe. This will most likely mean that Denmark will try to take more English land in order to reach the coast, so future wars with Denmark are expected.

Sweden: Neutral?. When the Swedes took side with the Austrian coalition in the war against England-Burgundy they broke the agreement that England-Sweden had in America, negotians between Swedish and English diplomats is ongoing as we speak. The new queen in Sweden seems more wise then it's former warmonger king, Gustav II Adolf.

Russia: Neutral. Not much to say, Russia have resived English fundings earlier, but this is the end of that because of there friendship with Austria.
Russia is a monster in the east, any further expansions into Europe will not kindly be looked up on from the English side.

King of England.

Fredrik82 said:
France: Hostile enemy. The French king, a former ally, was trusted and respected in England before they decieded to turn hostile towards England.
The Franco threat have been taken seriusly after this last sneaky attack from the French king.

So in other words you are a hipocrit?

Fredrik82 said:
Portugal: Neutral Friends. The English king decieded to share maps with Portugal in order to improve our nations relation. The Portugese people have always been friendly and they are a candidate to join the list of nations in the new English funding program.

Aargh! another reason why I don't like a nation subbed :(
(ofcourse, I should've remembered to tell portugal not to share my maps... but I can't think of everything :( )

An announcement from the Sublime Porte

To save any future misunderstanding, the Sultan wishes to make it clear that all nations of East Africa, the Arabian Peninsula and India will henceforth be under his protection. England and Burgundy are considered to be friends of the Empire, and as such will be permitted to retain their hold over the lucrative trading centres of Goa and Bombay for as long as they continue to be so.

If any further clarification is required, please ask your local ambassador.

Last edited:
Owen said:
To save any future misunderstandings, the Sultan wishes to make it clear that all nations of East Africa, the Arabian Peninsula and India will henceforth be under his protection. England and Burgundy are considered to be friends of the Empire, and as such will be permitted to retain their hold over the lucrative trading centres of Goa and Bombay for as long as they continue to be so.

If any further clarification is required, please ask your local ambassador.

Its not local if the king is in normandie and must go to Lyon to ask :D

Im sure the Hindus are eager to learn that the sultan has their best interests at heart

ForzaA said:
Aargh! another reason why I don't like a nation subbed :(
(ofcourse, I should've remembered to tell portugal not to share my maps... but I can't think of everything :( )
Don't worry, England only gained 5 maps from Portugal when we gaved them 400 maps, so don't blame Portugal that they accepted the deal ;)