+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 67 ... LastLast

Thread: 1419: New Order II

Member of the Opposition Philip II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik82

You got me there, didn't ya?

England need Gibraltar as a naval base, and we'll have one in that area either we get it through war or deals don't matter, though i can't understand why anyone wanna reject easy money like that?
    I'm talking about thousands of ducats here!
    Well im sure anyone who wasnt already threatened by *uber* england will be now

Brandenburg in Americans Take Europe
    England in Bombardment: Diplomacy and War * Openings available so come join!

Lex Superior
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

England need Gibraltar as a naval base
    England needs to be slapped around, is what it does.
    Birth of Empires - a work in progress 1066-1820 mod for Europa Universalis IV

Field Marshal
    Cities in Motion 2DiplomacyEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Hive
    England needs to be slapped around, is what it does.
    And you asked me why i funded OE
    “Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.” - William E. Gladstone

83278192, that's Fred, like me a crusty old-timer but nice enough, provided you don't wake him up during his nap - HolisticGod

Field Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Philip II
    Well im sure anyone who wasnt already threatened by *uber* england will be now
    Why? England have been the most peaceloving nation so far, however i belive alot more fear the French-Aragon-Portugese alliance more.
    “Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.” - William E. Gladstone

83278192, that's Fred, like me a crusty old-timer but nice enough, provided you don't wake him up during his nap - HolisticGod

Lex Superior

And you asked me why i funded OE
    I disliked your insane hyperteching and powermongering already, but that fact sure didn't help...

Field Marshal

I disliked your insane hyperteching and powermongering already, but that fact sure didn't help...
    Everyone is more or less hyperteching in this game! Not to mention powermongering...

Lex Superior

Everyone is more or less hyperteching in this game! Not to mention powermongering...
    No! Only the English and Burgundians are corrupted by this evil. God shall send them to hell!

i may buy used cable modem today, while my one is at repair service, so if you see me online after 1700pm cet, i can sub if needed
    Nothing changes internality of my soul,i will go my straight way to do everything which i suppose to be useful and fair
    Russian League | EU2MP Stats | EU3MP Stats | Leaders Generator Project | All Leaders DB | All Monarchs DB | HoI2/AoD MP Stats

Latest MP Games:
    Europa Universalis Classic (1520-....) for France(1520-1688)
    Battlefield Europe (1453-1819) for Venice (1599-1799)
    The History Channel (1419-1819) for Ottomans Empire (1706-1819)

Completed AAR: WC for Chimu v1.05: What could i reach
    Never Completed AAR: Orleanne WC in 1547

Lex Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Tonioz
    i may buy used cable modem today, while my one is at repair service, so if you see me online after 1700pm cet, i can sub if needed
    Thanks, but we don't play today...

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    someone should update the stats so we can disprove this insane claim
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Thanks, but we don't play today...
    you know, Hive, that i`m second after Slargos to blame you

Shame on GM :P
    Nothing changes internality of my soul,i will go my straight way to do everything which i suppose to be useful and fair
    Russian League | EU2MP Stats | EU3MP Stats | Leaders Generator Project | All Leaders DB | All Monarchs DB | HoI2/AoD MP Stats

Latest MP Games:
    Europa Universalis Classic (1520-....) for France(1520-1688)
    Battlefield Europe (1453-1819) for Venice (1599-1799)
    The History Channel (1419-1819) for Ottomans Empire (1706-1819)

Completed AAR: WC for Chimu v1.05: What could i reach
    Never Completed AAR: Orleanne WC in 1547

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

You got me there, didn't ya?

England need Gibraltar as a naval base, and we'll have one in that area either we get it through war or deals don't matter, though i can't understand why anyone wanna reject easy money like that?
    I'm talking about thousands of ducats here!
    Let me why explain.

England taking Gibraltar can be for no other reason than to project power in the Mediterranean. No doubt this power would not be initially aimed at the Ottoman Empire, but the possibility would be always there. Should this happen, the Ottoman Empire will have no choice but to peacefully powertech in order to maintain some semblance of technology parity. The Sultan would therefore immediately offer longterm non-aggression pacts to all her neighbours, and all nations bordering the Mediterranean Sea, with the single condition that they didn't ally with England.

I don't want that to happen, and hopefully neither do you.
    Ex-signature.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Countries not hyperteching in the game:

Me

My neighbours

Aragon, though this is more a comment on ForzaA actually declaring wars than his tech policy

Possibly Sweden, since although they have good tech, it comes in part from good sliders and good trading, I think.

When both the Ottoman Empire and a narrow-minded Russia are ahead of western Europe in land tech, then a lot of people are hyperteching.
    Ex-signature.

Sorry guys, but I'm out.

Russia is almost a land CRT ahead of some western nations, and 2 ahead of others.

Meanwhile, Burgundy has trade 8 at 1620 and god knows what tech England is on.

This is as far from the kind of game I want to play, it's ridiculous.

Good luck with the rest of it.

- do not meddle in the affairs of GMs for they are abusive and quick to anger -

"...Slauron had become wise and strong and cruel. All feared him and the torment he wrought. He was a powerful GM-tyrant who could change into many forms and could appear fair and pleasing if he wished. Slauron created campaigns by imprisoning dreadful spirits in the bodies of terrible threads. Another of his minions was the vampire HolisticGod, whom Slauron used as a messenger..."

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Hehe Owen,
    is france hyperteching?? Geez I feelt like a thrid world country. Compared to all others ( except aragon )

EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by devil
    Hehe Owen,
    is france hyperteching?? Geez I feelt like a thrid world country. Compared to all others ( except aragon )
    Yes, but not as much as Burgundy or England.
    Ex-signature.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Owen
    Yes, but not as much as Burgundy or England.
    Can we get any tech comparisons, I didn't feel ahead in anyway. Iirc my LT was far behind OE and Austria.

EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Slargos
    Sorry guys, but I'm out.

Russia is almost a land CRT ahead of some western nations, and 2 ahead of others.

Meanwhile, Burgundy has trade 8 at 1620 and god knows what tech England is on.

This is as far from the kind of game I want to play, it's ridiculous.

Good luck with the rest of it.
    Slragos, please, please, reconsider. None of your neighbours are hyperteching, and none of those that are have enough manpower to damage you. Most of those who are still below land 14 are there because they have fought big wars. It may become a problem, but it isn't going to become a problem for Russia for quite some time.

I've been enjoying playing with you in Russia, and I think you're doing a good job of it. Maybe you could think about it again before next week?
    Ex-signature.

EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by devil
    Can we get any tech comparisons, I didn't feel ahead in anyway. Iirc my LT was far behind OE and Austria.
    It's not far behind any more, yours is 17, OE and Austria have 18. However, since I'd define hyperteching as "preferentially researching economic techs first in order to gain the highest tech levels in the long term", then having land tech lower than Orthodox-tech OE and narrow-minded Austria, both of whom have fought at least three big wars, is still quite damning.
    Ex-signature.

Hive we really need some stats now, get on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 67 ... LastLast