• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
devil said:
Well knowing you don't want my 10 cets, I am still going to post them.

France should fight burgundy.
Why should he? France have dropped all claims on Burgundy land. They have no cores on those French land that Burgundy have. the best option would be France to ally Burgundy, no doubt...

In every game in all of EU2...there are atleast a dozen different *game breaking* alliances which pop up. I see no such alliance in this game.

From what i understand France is now allied with the respectable catholic powers of Portugal and Aragon. Considering France and Aragon have been quite friendly through this game i see no reason why having a formal alliance between the franks and iberians make any difference. :D

Fredrik82 said:
Why should he? France have dropped all claims on Burgundy land. They have no cores on those French land that Burgundy have. the best option would be France to ally Burgundy, no doubt...
ehhh who cares about cores? french culture provs, with high tax, MP, and goods. Whats not to want? :wacko:

EDIT: this is in no way to offend you or hmm, you are both doing quite well :)

Last edited:
Philip II said:
In every game in all of EU2...there are atleast a dozen different *game breaking* alliances which pop up. I see no such alliance in this game.

From what i understand France is now allied with the respectable catholic powers of Portugal and Aragon. Considering France and Aragon have been quite friendly through this game i see no reason why having a formal alliance between the franks and iberians make any difference. :D
Yes I changed alliances, as I thought ENG, BUR, FRA was extremly game breaking. Also I wanted more french provs :rolleyes:

Fredrik82 said:

Just to play the devils advocate....france only denounced claim to burgundian terriotry in Europe. I...just like anyone else....could decide to war another nation -any nation- to gain colonial territory

Philip II said:
Just to play the devils advocate....france only denounced claim to burgundian terriotry in Europe. I...just like anyone else....could decide to war another nation -any nation- to gain colonial territory
hehe with what navy of yours? :D

devil said:
Yes I changed alliances, as I thought ENG, BUR, FRA was extremly game breaking. Also I wanted more french provs :rolleyes:

I have no problem with that. You did a very good job...and i enjoy the advances catholicism has made in france :D

Phil, sorry you couldn't be here tonight, it was a good session. I think Devil did a good job for you though.

It's a shame Sweden and Portugal had to be AI. Hopefully Robertus and Rezag will return next week.

For the Ottomans, it was a good, if rather predictable session. Reached land 18 in time for the Austrian and Russian attack during the Beys event, and the cash I'd set aside helped a lot. I reached trade 3 during this war. Watch out England!

Buying Dalmatia for a wildly excessive sum will hopefully improve relations with Venice.

Most conversions were successful, just leaving Tabriz as the only non-Sunni province.

A white peace will hopefully be signed with Russia and Austria. I could keep stabhitting for Jedisan, but it seems unnecessary.

Last edited:
Owen said:
Phil, sorry you couldn't be here tonight, it was a good session. I think Devil did a good job for you though.

It's a shame Sweden and Portugal had to be AI. Hopefully Robertus and Rezag will return next week.

For the Ottomans, it was a good, if rather predictable session. Reached land 18 in time for the Austrian and Russian attack during the Beys event, and the cash I'd set aside helped a lot. I reached trade 3 during this war. Watch out England! Buying Dalmatia for a wildly excessive sum will hopefully improve relations with Venice. Most conversions were successful, just leaving Tabriz as the only non-Sunni province.

A white peace will hopefully be signed with Russia and Austria. I could keep stabhitting for Jedisan, but it seems unnecessary.

England is buying Dalmatia? :eek:

Fredrik82 said:
I am? Kewl :D

In fact, England is interested to buy an island in the mediterian sea for a very generouse prize. We would prefer Gibraltar but Malta or whatever would be as good :)

Lay off the booz, will ya? :p

Anyway. Portugal and Sweden will probably need some edits now... Forzaa, master of rehabilitation edits, do you have any suggestions? :D

Btw. I got an autoloan right at the end, even though I did have cash... I will edit it out, and remove the money for it from my treasury. Any objections?