• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Slargos said:
I don't agree that any edits should be done. If you want to lower BB, release vassals.
If Austria releases all the vassals she can in game, she's still left way above the limit, I estimate.

It's Hive's choice not to do anything about it though.

I would not object if Hive decided to lower Austria's BB limit. However, it was my impression that Hive had been given the option of lowering BB or lowering inflation ( i may be wrong). He chose to lower inflation. Of course Hive also said he is willing to risk it.

Maybe players with high BB's could be allowed to *purchase* BB reduction after the next session or something like that?

Slargos said:
I don't agree that any edits should be done. If you want to lower BB, release vassals.

That is also my take on it, well knowing that I'm pretty bad off as is.

Besides, if we do this - then why not offer people who chose free subjects to move their slider the other way, if they want lower stab costs (after the stab cost affects was increased in a recent beta)? It would be opening a can of worms...

devil said:
yep, quite a bad statement from hmmm.

No, how hard is it, if you dont want BB dont dow! The consuequenses of it might be extremely bad, though that is a total different matter. One cannot come after annexing some minors demanding edit for his high BB just because he decided to go on rampage(it might be a necessity to annex that nation(s), though that is also a different matter).

World Conqueror said:
No, how hard is it, if you dont want BB dont dow! The consuequenses of it might be extremely bad, though that is a total different matter. One cannot come after annexing some minors demanding edit for his high BB just because he decided to go on rampage(it might be a necessity to annex that nation(s), though that is also a different matter).
Are you disputing the fact that the consequences of high BB have completely unexpectedly and potentially catastrophically changed, are you disputing the fact that Hive would have played Austria differently had he known this was going to happen, or are you disputing that a player being placed in a bad position through no fault of his own could merit game edits?

I suppose you might be disputing all three, I just don't know.

As Hive noted, there are other changes that would be worthy of getting edits aswell.

I've never to my best recollection been in a game that featured edits because nations were hurt by patch changes.

Slargos said:
As Hive noted, there are other changes that would be worthy of getting edits aswell.

I've never to my best recollection been in a game that featured edits because nations were hurt by patch changes.
I just think this is the biggest effect I've seen that, or at least the biggest change that doesn't affect most of the nations in the game. If Hive's happy, then I'm happy. I'm only trying to explain my point to Hmmm... now.

I see your point Owen, but like I said: I feel it would be opening a can of worms.

I'd like to add though, that I fail to see much reason in Hmmm's statement, and that my decision has nothing to do with that.

Owen said:
Are you disputing the fact that the consequences of high BB have completely unexpectedly and potentially catastrophically changed, are you disputing the fact that Hive would have played Austria differently had he known this was going to happen, or are you disputing that a player being placed in a bad position through no fault of his own could merit game edits?

I suppose you might be disputing all three, I just don't know.

I am not in ANY way disputing this, BUT all I am saying is that if you gain alot of BB it is your own fault. I am not saying Hive did wrong, he badly needed to expand, but still it is his own fault gaining the BB by doing so. However are YOU disputing it isnt in any way his own fault in getting in that situation in the first place?

World Conqueror said:
I am not in ANY way disputing this, BUT all I am saying is that if you gain alot of BB it is your own fault. I am not saying Hive did wrong, he badly needed to expand, but still it is his own fault gaining the BB by doing so. However are YOU disputing it isnt in any way his own fault in getting in that situation in the first place?
Well, clearly he's the player, so it's completely his fault he has high BB. However, it's not his fault he is now very likely to be hit by a civil war.

You must be disputing one of my points, and it seems like it's the last one, "...or are you disputing that a player being placed in a bad position through no fault of his own could merit game edits?" but I can't really tell.

Owen said:
Well, clearly he's the player, so it's completely his fault he has high BB. However, it's not his fault he is now very likely to be hit by a civil war.

You must be disputing one of my points, and it seems like it's the last one, "...or are you disputing that a player being placed in a bad position through no fault of his own could merit game edits?" but I can't really tell.

Alright I dispute the last one.

Edits done:

- Tabaristan restored to Persian control

- Aragon has been given back the leader he lost during the time we played with braindead AI. 15k infantry restored to this army.

- Rebel control has been removed from 2 Aragonese provinces

- Aragon have been given 100d as compensation for lost tax income and troop losses

- Swedish/English deal

- Lapland to protestant

Edits not done:

- French/Burgundian deal. Not enough details provided.

- French conquistador, reported missing, added back. I checked the end-session save AND the save from the previous rehost, but couldn't find any French conquists.

- Some of the edits suggested by Forzaa. Most notably giving Aragon 360d to his land investment, as I cannot see a reason for that. Braindead AI doesn't touch the sliders, so they should be where he left them.

I will generate leaders in 30 min at latest, after which there will be NO more editing. So if you have anything on your minds, say so now.

Hive said:
- Some of the edits suggested by Forzaa. Most notably giving Aragon 360d to his land investment, as I cannot see a reason for that. Braindead AI doesn't touch the sliders, so they should be where he left them.

Just to clear this up, that wasn't because I thought the sliders were moved, but because of lost income I wouldn't have lost if I had been there

Hive said:
Some of the edits suggested by Forzaa. Most notably giving Aragon 360d to his land investment, as I cannot see a reason for that. Braindead AI doesn't touch the sliders, so they should be where he left them.

As said before; Dutch :D