• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hive said:
Spain is now good old Aragon again, and have had monarchs and leaders restored. They will not, however, receive economical compensation though, as I think the fact that I haven't removed the extra core given by the event is compensation enough... ;)

I'll be happy to send the save for you to check, Forzaa - just catch me online.

that, my dear Hive, is a mistake, as I already had the core.....

Hive said:
I am currently considering the following edits for Austria, after having talked about the issue with several players:

- Reduce Badboy value from about 37 to 20
- Reduce inflation (mostly aquired by badboy wars) from about 18% to 12%
- End all wars, including the nice and juicy one against Hungary
- Cede Sachsen to Anhalt, Brandenburg to Küstrin and Hessen to Hannover. I might even change Anhalt's tag into Saxony, and Küstrin's into Brandenburg for the sake of realism.

I have now added all the events I wanted slept to the evenhist, so that they should actually be slept for real now...
I'd agree broadly with the above, but I'd like to see Hessen remain independent of Hannover and Wuerzburg also be released. I also agree with Hmmmm... that if you're going to remove that much inflation, then you should also remove the vassalships to the released minors. I'm not exactly sure how you plan to cede these provinces though, so it may be that they're not vassals anyway.

Also, from a separate gaming point of view, be aware that I will consider Austria more than fully recovered if you attempt to gain provinces from Hungary.

Owen said:
I also agree with Hmmmm... that if you're going to remove that much inflation, then you should also remove the vassalships to the released minors. I'm not exactly sure how you plan to cede these provinces though, so it may be that they're not vassals anyway.

It may be because it's late now, but it's starting to annoy me that you guys aren't paying attention to what I write: I said I would cede the provinces to Anhalt, Küstrin and Hannover - of which NONE are my vassals.

And I think ceding 3 provs should be enough. After all, I did also lose cash on bailiffs in these provinces. But in the end, I might not edit anything at all. I simply don't want to hear "well no wonder you are doing well now, with all the editing you had done" for the rest of the game.

I'd also like to point out that I was reduced to a 1-province minor, but chose to keep playing. How many would do that? The alternative would have been a power vacuum in Germany, with AI Bavaria and Bohemia struggling for Supremacy. Would that have made the game more interesting for you all?

Also, from a separate gaming point of view, be aware that I will consider Austria more than fully recovered if you attempt to gain provinces from Hungary.

Well surely, you can't expect me to let them keep Steiermark? I do recall that we have a NAP btw, but maybe you want to break that? :)

Hive said:
It may be because it's late now, but it's starting to annoy me that you guys aren't paying attention to what I write: I said I would cede the provinces to Anhalt, Küstrin and Hannover - of which NONE are my vassals.

And I think ceding 3 provs should be enough. After all, I did also lose cash on bailiffs in these provinces. But in the end, I might not edit anything at all. I simply don't want to hear "well no wonder you are doing well now, with all the editing you had done" for the rest of the game.
I suppose part of the reason I made the suggestion slightly harsher was that I didn't want to see anyone able to accuse you of that, and partly because 5% is a lot of inflation to lose. I would also be happy to see your solution implemented if that's what's agreed.
I'd also like to point out that I was reduced to a 1-province minor, but chose to keep playing. How many would do that? The alternative would have been a power vacuum in Germany, with AI Bavaria and Bohemia struggling for Supremacy. Would that have made the game more interesting for you all?
I think it's because you're so reliable everyone expects more from you.
Well surely, you can't expect me to let them keep Steiermark? I do recall that we have a NAP btw, but maybe you want to break that? :)
If you do those edits, I will consider Austria back on her feet. If you attack Hungary, I consider that you have the HRE already under control. The strange thing is that you're acting like I threatened Austria or something.

Hive said:
I am currently considering the following edits for Austria, after having talked about the issue with several players:

- Reduce Badboy value from about 37 to 20
- Reduce inflation (mostly aquired by badboy wars) from about 18% to 12%
- End all wars, including the nice and juicy one against Hungary
- Cede Sachsen to Anhalt, Brandenburg to Küstrin and Hessen to Hannover. I might even change Anhalt's tag into Saxony, and Küstrin's into Brandenburg for the sake of realism.

I have now added all the events I wanted slept to the evenhist, so that they should actually be slept for real now...

I'm fine with that :D

Owen said:
In reaction to several nations' claims that the Sultan is an aggressive and bloodthirsty warmonger, I feel the need to point out that the Ottoman Empire has not taken a single non-core province, a statement that I believe only otherwise applies to France.

Well, the province of savoy isnt a french core :D ....but its culture means that I am the only human player with a legitimate claim on the province

Owen said:
I suppose part of the reason I made the suggestion slightly harsher was that I didn't want to see anyone able to accuse you of that, and partly because 5% is a lot of inflation to lose. I would also be happy to see your solution implemented if that's what's agreed.I think it's because you're so reliable everyone expects more from you.If you do those edits, I will consider Austria back on her feet.

Well I'd rather not do any edits at all, and play with this somewhat fucked country for the rest of the game - than listen to people whine.

And I'd also like to point out that editing Austria wasn't *my* suggestion, but that several people suggested this - and their that their suggestions were radically more drastical than what I suggest.

If you attack Hungary, I consider that you have the HRE already under control. The strange thing is that you're acting like I threatened Austria or something.

Fair enough. But yeah, of course I act like you are threatening me. You are, after all, trying to prevent me from re-aquring a stern Austrian core liek Steiermark - which cannot be accepted. Especially not after you yourself annexed most of Hungary proper... this is a clear act of unheard aggression from the OE, and I'm sure that other concerned nations will look harshly upon this, and therefore help Austria against this heathen filth.

Hive said:
Well I'd rather not do any edits at all, and play with this somewhat fucked country for the rest of the game - than listen to people whine.

And I'd also like to point out that editing Austria wasn't *my* suggestion, but that several people suggested this - and their that their suggestions were radically more drastical than what I suggest.
I'm really pretty flexible on this. Please don't get all defensive with me.
Fair enough. But yeah, of course I act like you are threatening me. You are, after all, trying to prevent me from re-aquring a stern Austrian core liek Steiermark - which cannot be accepted. Especially not after you yourself annexed most of Hungary proper... this is a clear act of unheard aggression from the OE, and I'm sure that other concerned nations will look harshly upon this, and therefore help Austria against this heathen filth.
Hmm. I think you should talk to me on ICQ before using that sort of language.

Is there a spot for a Poland?

Sterkarm said:
Is there a spot for a Poland?

Technically there is, but considering it has only 19 ducats in its treasury and its January 1482 (and it has an inflation of 9%), i wouldnt really want to invest much time into it.

Of course this is all up to our GM, Hive

Philip II said:
Technically there is, but considering it has only 19 ducats in its treasury and its January 1482 (and it has an inflation of 9%), i wouldnt really want to invest much time into it.

Of course this is all up to our GM, Hive

Those points are all minor points... treasury could be boosted, and many player nations have inflation higher than that...

The real problem is that Novgorod have eaten most of Lithuania, and the Scandinavians most of the Baltic coast (including Danzig). Based on that, I don't think they are playable.