• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ironfoundersson said:
Why does Tchita have a consript centre? :confused:
One Russian event (Peter the Great's army reform IIRC) gives a CC in a random province. It appeared in Tchita, which amused me and Fredde no end.

Hive said:
Well like I said: I haven't heard anyone who said they needed a sub for the next 2 sessions... but of course, something might come up - who knows? :)

as always, lazy GM is mistaken :)
Sweden needs subbing :) would be my third Sweden for a week :rolleyes:

Sitting Bull said:
:cool: Hi guys !

When are you playnig xactly ppl; ill be up there to sub any fuckin nation.

Thanks for replying graciously and massively.

RAs(poutine) :mad:
We just finished a very fine session, though we didn't need any subs once Fredde got back. Thanks.

EDIT: Poor Hive though.

I thought this was a pretty decent session ~ definetly quiet for france.

I was glad to see a europe that was far less polarized (with out the whole continent divided into 2 camps).

France and burgundy did invade austria, resulting in a peace which resulted in france gaining bern and burgundy gaining some north german provs (koln, kleves).

The reason France went to war was primarily out of fear from austria. With alliances abolished from previous sessions, austria-france-burgundy were no longer staunch allies. Austria then began *baiting* burgundy (i am not sure if this was trully intentional) by asking Hmmm why he was building forts along the austrian border (when Hmmm was infact building forts throughout his entire country). Austria responded by upgrading forts on its border in response. This particularly worried the french king (who is a burgundian ally) mainly because austria used similar tactics against denmark and england. Then austria;s Rm with france expired so i sought to renew it. Austria declined the first time (i assumed on accident because they were at war). I then offered a second time, only to be rejected once again. This greatly disturbed me. I then recieve a message from the austrian king in regard to a rebel uprising in Bern. The austrian king asked "If you put down that rebellion I will grant you Rm.....". Implying that he intentionally denied me an rm. It could only be assumed that austria's intentions were not healthy for france.

That is why we participated in a war. Whether or not our suspicions were correct, who knows :confused:

Austria has come to an agreement with the Sublime Porte whereby Austria will give up the provinces of Krain, Magyar and Carpathia and end this interminable war.

The Sultan thanks the Archduke and congratulates him for the bravery of his soldiers and that of his innumerable generals on the field of battle.

Fredrik82 said:
Attacking someone as England that have 700 more War ships isnt very smart :wacko:

Maybe i should join Phil and hmms tactics instead and only dow when you know you can win, or what do you say Hive? :rofl:

I think that last comment should be re-worded considering I've only won about 1/3 of the wars i have fought

Owen said:
Austria has come to an agreement with the Sublime Porte whereby Austria will give up the provinces of Krain, Magyar and Carpathia and end this interminable war.

The Sultan thanks the Archduke and congratulates him for the bravery of his soldiers and that of his innumerable generals on the field of battle.

A revised treaty has been made since Austria, thanks to France and Burgundy, is no longer capable of defending itself against the heathen Turk:

Austria will give Ottoman Empire all their cores: Magyar, Krain, Odenburg, Carpathia and Steiermark.

Even without the constant threat of a surprise attack from the French nations while Austria is at her knees, it is unlikely that Austria can withstand another Ottoman attack. It's clear that we cannot prevent the loss of 3 provinces in this war; and as a result of losing 3 provs, added the effect of dishonourable predator neighbours, it will be impossible to prevent OE from taking the rest of their cores - which the sultan have expressed he wants to do.

So instead of wasting more troops and money (I have lost plenty already), I might as well try to cut my losses. OE, which is already plentyfull uber, will no longer have an enemy to the west, and can concentrate on expanding in Africa/Russia/wherever without facing a possible Austrian intervention.

The sultan should send a gift basket to the French rulers for this recent development.

In the meantime, the emperor will try to adapt to these new times at the mercy of the heathen - and dream of the times were fellow catholics and former allies didn't invade without warning and for no reason at all (I didn't threaten anyone, and my RM refusal was purely because I expected you were up to something. And I was right. Don't claim that you weren't planning a war against me already when we still had RM).

Oh, and in case anyone were in doubt: yes, I'm pissed.

Fredrik82 said:
Maybe i should join Phil and hmms tactics instead and only dow when you know you can win, or what do you say Hive? :rofl:

Hmmm, lets see, what did you say when Austria was in war against OE.

"It's time to do something against Austria"

Me and France didnt do anything. Then some months later;

"Seriously, you really ought to attack Austria"

Which made us start thinking.

Hive said:
A revised treaty has been made since Austria, thanks to France and Burgundy, is no longer capable of defending itself against the heathen Turk:

Austria will give Ottoman Empire all their cores: Magyar, Krain, Odenburg, Carpathia and Steiermark.

Even without the constant threat of a surprise attack from the French nations while Austria is at her knees, it is unlikely that Austria can withstand another Ottoman attack. It's clear that we cannot prevent the loss of 3 provinces in this war; and as a result of losing 3 provs, added the effect of dishonourable predator neighbours, it will be impossible to prevent OE from taking the rest of their cores - which the sultan have expressed he wants to do.

So instead of wasting more troops and money (I have lost plenty already), I might as well try to cut my losses. OE, which is already plentyfull uber, will no longer have an enemy to the west, and can concentrate on expanding in Africa/Russia/wherever without facing a possible Austrian intervention.

The sultan should send a gift basket to the French rulers for this recent development.

In the meantime, the emperor will try to adapt to these new times at the mercy of the heathen - and dream of the times were fellow catholics and former allies didn't invade without warning and for no reason at all (I didn't threaten anyone, and my RM refusal was purely because I expected you were up to something. And I was right. Don't claim that you weren't planning a war against me already when we still had RM).

Oh, and in case anyone were in doubt: yes, I'm pissed.
Well a uncontested OE sucks, I know this from the wed game, though I couldn't make myself attack Austria after the thrid succesful war, its just to easy a prey. So I did the opposite allied them and attacked several of the greedy bastards that where always ready to stab/gang austria. Also giving land back to Austria, as OE really doesn't need it to be Uber. :)

Fred is not too happy about it though, as you can why see here :D

Last edited:
Please notice in the stats that France and Burgundy combined have 5x my income, as well as almost twice my full manpower - that is, what WAS my full manpower before losing in total 9 provs (3 to France and Burgundy, 5 to OE, 1 to Venice)...

Yes, let's all gang up on 'uber' Austria...

Oh, and my only real source of income will also be more than ordinary tough to keep now that I have no harbour.

Austria is now at the complete mercy of others, and unable to finance a proper buildup. Also note that I will lose a CC and a manu.

Burgundy also now has a greater population than the Ottoman Empire, though once peace has been achieved with Austria, and with the increase in stability that will result from peace, the Ottoman Empire will be restored to its rightful place.