• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Owen said:
Er. Robert?

Do you mean that Austria should conquer Poland, or do you mean you want to play as Poland, but need to convince Hive and Slargos?

So maybe that's the guy with the name "r" who messages me on icq, but refuse to tell me who he is... :confused:

Oh, and Owen: Slargos has a point regarding those cores... :p

Slargos said:
The fact that OE starts out with massively oversized CB shields has nothing to do with this, I'm sure. :rofl:
Coming from Genoa or Portugal, this would be legitimate criticism. Coming from a Novgorod who's already taken most of Lithuania, it seems rather unfair.

Slargos said:
This does seem to be the reason for it.

Ok. I think we've heard enough arguments. Let's put it to a vote:

Line A, the soft line: Edit Austrian BB down for size substantially. No other edits.
Line B, the middle way: Edit Austria BB down for size. Release some vassals.
Line C, the hard line: No edits for Austria. Take it like a man juu pussified Jutlander!

I can accept Line B, that he get 6 BB reduction for every vassal released.

My proposition would be B with additional merging of german ai nations so there would be 2 or 3 province ai antions instead of 1 province legion of nightmares.

Rezag said:
My proposition would be B with additional merging of german ai nations so there would be 2 or 3 province ai antions instead of 1 province legion of nightmares.

Well I suppose I could give Sachsen to Anhalt, Brandenburg to whatever neighbour it has and so on...

Slargos said:
This does seem to be the reason for it.

Ok. I think we've heard enough arguments. Let's put it to a vote:

Line A, the soft line: Edit Austrian BB down for size substantially. No other edits.
Line B, the middle way: Edit Austria BB down for size. Release some vassals.
Line C, the hard line: No edits for Austria. Take it like a man juu pussified Jutlander!
You forgot D: Raise BB but create vassals:D

B, but with a few 2 provs nations (so probably not releasing vasals but ceding provinces)

ForzaA said:
Spain "mess":

- return the tag to ARG (easily done with an event)

- temporary loss of Italian culture, did cost some income, ~50 ducats I'd think is appropriate

- Aragonese monarchs were replaced by Spanish monarchs, if the tags are changed back by event, it will replace the monarchs back automatically

- random leaders were replaced by Spanish leaders, the following are currently "lost": (only change the leadertable AFTER the tag change)

Code:
        historicalleader = { 
            id = { type = 6 id = 13415 } 
            name = "San Martin" 
            category = admiral 
            rank = 1 
            fire = 4 
            shock = 4 
            siege = 1 
            movement = 4 
            startdate = { year = 1499 month = january day = 0 } 
            deathdate = { year = 1519 month = february day = 3 } 
            } 
        historicalleader = { 
            id = { type = 6 id = 13275 } 
            name = "Arias " 
            category = general 
            rank = 0 
            fire = 2 
            movement = 3 
            startdate = { year = 1478 month = january day = 0 } 
            deathdate = { year = 1528 month = february day = 27 } 
            }

NOTE: the second somehow misses the "shock"-stat, don't know what should happen to that..

Spain is now good old Aragon again, and have had monarchs and leaders restored. They will not, however, receive economical compensation though, as I think the fact that I haven't removed the extra core given by the event is compensation enough... ;)

I'll be happy to send the save for you to check, Forzaa - just catch me online.

I am currently considering the following edits for Austria, after having talked about the issue with several players:

- Reduce Badboy value from about 37 to 20
- Reduce inflation (mostly aquired by badboy wars) from about 18% to 12%
- End all wars, including the nice and juicy one against Hungary
- Cede Sachsen to Anhalt, Brandenburg to Küstrin and Hessen to Hannover. I might even change Anhalt's tag into Saxony, and Küstrin's into Brandenburg for the sake of realism.

I have now added all the events I wanted slept to the evenhist, so that they should actually be slept for real now...

Hive said:
I am currently considering the following edits for Austria, after having talked about the issue with several players:

- Reduce Badboy value from about 37 to 20
- Reduce inflation (mostly aquired by badboy wars) from about 18% to 12%
- End all wars, including the nice and juicy one against Hungary
- Cede Sachsen to Anhalt, Brandenburg to Küstrin and Hessen to Hannover. I might even change Anhalt's tag into Saxony, and Küstrin's into Brandenburg for the sake of realism.

I have now added all the events I wanted slept to the evenhist, so that they should actually be slept for real now...

-5 inflation also? Then I surerly hope you remove the vassaliation on those german minors.

ForzaA said:
Code:
        historicalleader = { 
            id = { type = 6 id = 13415 } 
            name = "San Martin" 
            category = admiral 
            rank = 1 
            fire = 4 
            shock = 4 
            siege = 1 
            movement = 4 
            startdate = { year = 1499 month = january day = 0 } 
            deathdate = { year = 1519 month = february day = 3 } 
            } 
        historicalleader = { 
            id = { type = 6 id = 13275 } 
            name = "Arias " 
            category = general 
            rank = 0 
            fire = 2 
            movement = 3 
            startdate = { year = 1478 month = january day = 0 } 
            deathdate = { year = 1528 month = february day = 27 } 
            }

Ehh admiral with siege bonus ?

devil said:
what the hell is he going to siege? :)

I don't know if the question is very relevant.

A more relevant question would be "Why does the generator give siege to leaders that won't use it?"

And that, my boy, that would be a good question indeed. :D